[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Too much computer time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: Machines1.jpg (40 KB, 700x437) Image search: [Google]
Machines1.jpg
40 KB, 700x437
I feel like so much of my waking life gets absorbed by the computer/internet. I use it all day at work, then 'wind down' with it at home (often the entire day).

I recently started an online role playing game (text only) and it is more successful than I expected it to be - people are loving it. It is creating more work for me, which means more computer time. I have books I want to read, but I can't 'find time' even though 3 hours every morning gets spend scrolling online.

What are the effects of this? I feel like shit all the time, have been gaining weight, etc. I kinda want to just avoid the damn thing for weeks, but I don't want to let the online community down.
>>
>>25311109
i would suppose that you are not enjoying this, which sucks because now wharever u do is going to be trash in most ways. try to not be so serius about it, work on it when u have the disire.
>>
>>25311198

The issue is the game I run is moving very fast and I feel like everyone is relying on me to control/approve everything.

I just want to be transported to the 1800s where no one ever heard of the internet.
>>
>>25311109
You feel obliged to strangers on the internet because you are bad at having any sense of self-worth generated on your own. You depend on other people for that. Feeling like you would fail is a horrible thing, not being able to do that game would feel horrible.
Because so much is anxiety inducing, you escape by scrolling on the internet

You need to require your mindset a bit.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.