[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bored coderbro here. Toying with the idea of making r9k: the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: pokemonfeel.jpg (23 KB, 477x359) Image search: [Google]
pokemonfeel.jpg
23 KB, 477x359
Bored coderbro here. Toying with the idea of making r9k: the rpg. Should I?
>>
No, you should not. You may wonder why? /r9k/ does not need to be popularized anymore.
>>
>>25310751
They have RPG maker for a reason anon.
Pursue your dreams.
>>
>>25310772
> implying I would show it to anyone outside r9k
>>
>>25310922
if you make it well it will spread
if it's shit then what's the point
lose lose
>>
You could make classes

Wizards, Knights, normies, roasties

It'd have to have like a waifu and husbando system

You should be rewarded for fighting originally

Put professions in

Uh. Frogs and robots and enemies
>>
i know you will do it anyways regardless of what anyone tells you, but this WILL make r9k more popular and ruin it even more. hell, i dont know why we still use this board, its full of reddit fags screencapping shit to post on reddit for le EBIN iNtERNet POInTZ!! and tumblrinas thinking theyre edgy (hence all the FEMANONS) (fem anon here) (female here)(and all the roastie whores getting mad at asian women for stealing their beta orbiters) and even if we did find a new place, how would we post it so normalfags dont join?
>>
>>25310990
> collect 151 waifus
>>
>>25310751
no
that would look pathetic and ridiculous
>>
>>25311222

just like us, senpai
>>
Multiple endings, and they all end with killing yourself
>>
File: normies.png (3 KB, 477x427) Image search: [Google]
normies.png
3 KB, 477x427
Do it anon

I'll play it.
>>
>>25310751
You could be using your time in benefit like getting a real job.
>>
>>25312607
> make some anons happy
> make Mr. Shekelbergstein happy

Choices, choices...
>>
>>25310952

Pepe and "chad" both exist now, outside of /r9k/.

When you hand something to the robots, redditors and normies wrapped in tin foil, making "beep boop" noises manage to get in here, grab whatevers good, take it all the way back to normieville, where they'll then declare that "there's gold in them thar mountains", pointing all the way up at us robots.

Don't do it.
>>
>>25310751
Fuck the other anons, this would be cool af
>>
Bump for euroanon opinions.
>>
>>25312789
> make some anons happy
>Providing free entertainment for ungrateful shut ins
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (75 KB, 1023x766) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
75 KB, 1023x766
>>25310751
Could be good, just don't hope for too much.

Poured like 20 hours in to making a arcade style Pepe 2D shooter, didn't even get a comment telling me it was shit. Feels bad man.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8z77U66rtk
>>
You won't finish it. The fun coding bit will be the same as making any generic RPG, and wouldn't be as good as RPGMaker.

Are you really up for writing a cohesive story, developing characters, spending many hours designing areas and writing dialogue, putting together sprites, making/sourcing music, etc.

If you like writing you could manage a decent text adventure/RPG I guess.
>>
>>25314643
Pretty fun! Killed Chad Thundercock but a zombie cock killed me while I was collecting tendies. What did you write it in?
>>
>>25314661

I like writing and coding. Will use free art and try to get a musicbro to compose for me.

Besides, I think I'll make it on a console, to practice that. It'll give me free portability to tons of platforms too.

>>25314643
> meme shooter

Why didn't you shill it around? Dat eggy
>>
Do it!

Boss fights with egg man, CWC, Elliot roger, etc.
>>
>>25314796
java
>>25314813

thanks for noticing me senpais
>>
>>25312607
Get out of here silly wagie lmao
>>
>>25310751
Will it play like Pokemon or Final Fantasy? I'd prefer a Final Fantasy like style. That way you can have multiple characters like pepe, wojak, ect. You could have enemies like chad and sjw.

You could have like super tanky waifu pillows and summons like slowpoke.

For pokemon you could just replace pokemon with mememonsters and replace rename moves to like

poo poo = Leer
pee pee = Tail whip
Reeee = screech
Rollout = neckbeard smash
hyperbeam = BLAST IT WITH PISS!
>>
>>25310751
>codebro
>game dev shitter
Lol
>>
>>25316024

I was thinking a mix of Pokemon first gen and FF 1. I like turn-based battles, but no way am I getting enough art for 151 battle sprites, front and back.

So you can have multiple characters, but only one in battle at once.
>>
Good morning to my ausfags
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.