[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
> Be me. 19, Semi-Chad in College.
> Living in Toronto, Canada
> Grown up playing sports to gain the respect of my father
> Unsatisfied with my current life. Really want to pursue my passion

Acting.

> Mom thinks I should follow my dreams despite not having any experience in the field.

>Dad calls me a faggot and says to get a real job in the trades or in health care.

What do? Do I continue in college and become another drone in society with a respectable pay and average life? Or do I give this thing a shot. Any advice or experience with this type of situation would be greatly appreciated.

Help me robots, your my only hope.
>>
>>25307151
>semi-chad
>>>/adv/
>>>>>/leddit/
>>>>>>>/normiebook/
>>
>>25307151
Do you have experience acting? Has anyone ever said you were a good actor? If so, I say go for it. But if you've never acted much be realistic.
>>
>>25307207

Thanks fhammm, I had no idea that was even a board. I usually only browse this one and a few other big ones.
>>
Do it in your off time as if it were your actual goal in life. Try to pursue a career in something practical but not overbearing. Keep in mind that recognition in the arts is so low and try to not expect anything out of it, just work on your craft like it's all you give a shit about. Fuck your parents. Do what you want, don't be a fucking sheep and baaaahhhaha with the rest of the herd.

This is what music, art, stand up or whatever is about. It's a bitch that is only meant for you if you really want to live for it. I can say the degrees of separation it gives you from your normal shitshow of problems is incalculable. Just so it you pussy.
>>
>>25307151
I'd say do both. Get a broad degree in mathematics or English, and use that to get a real job and act as a hobby until you can start making money
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.