[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is there anything wrong with watching anime as an adult?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: 1436410172216.jpg (187 KB, 552x783) Image search: [Google]
1436410172216.jpg
187 KB, 552x783
is there anything wrong with watching anime as an adult?
>>
>>25305701
It is fine.
>>
The real question is there anything NOT wrong with watching anime as an adult?
>>
File: 832.jpg (61 KB, 588x766) Image search: [Google]
832.jpg
61 KB, 588x766
>>25305701
Yeah, you have to be really autistic to enjoy blatant pandering weebshit.

But we're all autistic here, so it's cool.
>>
File: hey don't say that.png (217 KB, 527x428) Image search: [Google]
hey don't say that.png
217 KB, 527x428
no, anime is produced by and for adults.
>>
File: ritsu.jpg (52 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
ritsu.jpg
52 KB, 600x450
who here /don'thidepowerlevel/?
>>
>>25305701
There's nothing wrong with watching anime as long as you don't go around doing stupid shit like adding desu to your sentences unironically
>>
>>25305802
I don't hide it, but I don't broadcast it either. people who talk about anime constantly and loudly just turn me off.
>>
>>25305802
I don't. I don't care and I don't think other people really care either, there are some differences of opinion (both positive and negative) but it doesn't seem anyone feels particularly strongly about my anime viewing.
>>
>>25305701
No stop caring watch what you like anon.
>>
>>25305802
I don't yell it out or anything, if someone notices or I'm with someone and they mention it, I'll see how far they've fallen.
>>
>>25305701
Nah, I don't think so. I also don't watch anime in the first place. I just never could get into it. The only animated shows I've watched are american made
>>
If you like a form of media and it happens to be anime then that's fine. People like things and that's alright. People dislike things and that's also alright. I don't find anime particularly compelling in general but I've never put effort into finding any I'm interested in.
>>
>>25305701
>implying adult don't watch cartoon once in a while on tv
Why would anime be different ? in the end it is still animation.
>>
>>25305701
Nah, but you should still consider moving on to manga.
>>
>>25305701
I think there is depending on what you watch, the majority of it is garbage with maybe a handful of really good shows a year, if you're one of the people who just watches everything then you're clearly a massive faggot and should be hanged.
have some standards, people.
>>
If it's hentai or something of a very violent nature you're fine, but if you're watching Doraemon or something it would be really weird.
>>
As long as you do it as a mere hobby and not forget to socialize with other people, it's ok.
>>
Not as bad as browsing /r9k/ desu sempai
>>
>>25306348
of course someone who uses t.b.h and f.a.m would hold such a bad opinion of this board, you fucking tourist cocksucker, leave this board and take your awful memes with you.
>>
>>25305802
When i get drunk and/or high i reveal my powerlevel
>>
No. Just keep watching and stop being an insecure prancing lala gaylord.
>>
>>25305802
I literally tell people and make sure they know my room is covered in anime posters, have a subscription to a Japanese anime magazine, own a fig collection, and even have a husbando .
>>
>>25305701
depends on how bad you are

If you're the type who goes around like "JAPAN SO MUCH BETTER KAWAII DESU NE"

then you are the worst type of human being

otherwise, it's fine.
>>
Adults still go apeshit over Disney movies made for children like Cuck Wars, so I don't see why not.
>>
File: 1406361104966.jpg (37 KB, 569x418) Image search: [Google]
1406361104966.jpg
37 KB, 569x418
>>25305802
>don'thidepowerlevel
Well kind of. I mean once I put anime and manga in my CV and had to explain my career counselor what it is and whether it's something related to my profession/work experience.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.