[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's it like to be put under like with surgery. I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: 1445750924742.gif (2 MB, 377x337) Image search: [Google]
1445750924742.gif
2 MB, 377x337
What's it like to be put under like with surgery. I'm having my wisdom teeth removed after much delay. Kinda scared because I've never had surgery done.
>pic unrelated
>>
You might lose your virginity.
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 480x480
You'll be there one moment then it will just go black.

You'll wake up some where else confused.
>>
I was terrified the first time I was put under, but I'm so used to it now. It's nice, actually. One second you're normal, the next second you wake up from the procedure in a waiting room. It literally knocks you out and you don't feel anything.

Really, it's nothing to be too worried about. Good luck anon!
>>
I had my wisdom teeth out last year
>they hook up a bunch of shit to your arms
>they shove a tube in your throat
>they put it in your iv and make you count
>get to about 10 and then nothing until you wake up in the recovery room
>>
Also is the whole true syrum thing true because I really don't want to come out of the closet on anesthesia.

>>25304041
What
>>
>>25304019
here's my memory of getting my wisdom teeth taken out

>put headphones in because dentist said it would cool to listen to music while being under
>get pulse detector on finger
>get gas on mouth
>get drugs in arm
>fall asleep
>wake up slightly and see dentist and helper moving around a bit
>fall back asleep
>wake up and it was over

Feels like taking a nap. Apparently, I was stumbling out to the car but I felt okay. Fell asleep again when I came home, though.
>>
>>25304019
If been under the knife 3 times its only scary the first time. I had a bad reaction to the anesthesia and had some gnarly hallucinations the 2nd time after coming to. But that is a rare case but I lived and I'm sure that you will to. Sweet dreams senpai :P
>>
>>25304019
Enjoy getting high off the painkillers that your dentist will give you after the surgery
>>
>>25304019
I have been put under twice though it's been almost 6 years since my last time. Once they start the gas, you get hazy for a few seconds, like literally room starts blurring together and stuff, then you close your eyes and open them in what feels like a second and it's so many hours later and your thing is done and you feel like shit.
>>
I was born with a cleft lip and palate and I've gotten nine surgery's so far
>get weird af finger light
>they stick iv in kinda stings
>sometimes they make you count although they can also make you do math
>wake up in recovery room and feel achy to all hell
>>
Guys I need answers on the truth serum that makes you say dumb shit post surgery.
>>
>>25304347
truth serum is a myth. You only feel sleepy. I don't know how you act when you're tired, but base the feeling on that.
>>
>>25304169
That's pretty lucky
I have varicocele repair surgery a few weeks ago
>roll me in
>lie down on OR table
>pulse detector
>get woozy and almost puke
>Doctor put anaestesia in already
>tell him
>"oh yeah"
>"here take this oxygen"
>use mask
>2 seconds later it starts to taste bitter
>3 breaths and I'm out
>wake up in recovery room and try to stand up
>nurse has to hold me down because I forgot where I was and wanted to go pee
>>
>>25304347
Only thing I said to my dad was
>"why the duck are you here dad?"
>"the operation hasn't even started yet"
>>
Most painful experience ever
>>
You breath in gas in a mask or get injected with something and everything goes black, wake up and feel strange. You might say some stupid shit when you wake up or you may not.

>being born with wisdom teeth
>not evolving to be born without them
sucks to suck doesn't it
too bad I was born with shitty bottom teeth and had to have braces
>>
>>25304019
>What's it like to be put under like with surgery. I'm having my wisdom teeth removed after much delay.
You probably won't even remember much of the day if they are putting you totally under for it.
>>
>>25304347
I never had that. I just woke up feeling like shit and groggy as all heck.
>>
File: 1426231067031.jpg (42 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1426231067031.jpg
42 KB, 700x700
>>25304019
i got mine removed and they put me under
>remove jacket
>sit in chair
>doctors come in and hook me up to machines
>they leave, im just sitting listening to the heartbeat monitor
>return with equipment
>nurse puts needle in my arm with tube
>hooks up syringe to tube and injects clear liquid
>tell me to count backwards from 10
>10, 9, 8..
>wake up with gauze in mouth feeling odd with jacket back on and shuffling out door
>cant feel lower half of face
>later on feel one of worst pains in my life
>get oxy and take some and pass out
>better in 2 days

also don't take more oxy if you don't absolutely need it cuz the shit fucks with you
>inb4 drug faggies try to defend popping pills
>>
it's like sleeping, except there's no dream in between so it just feels instant
>>
>>25304605
I couldn't even handle the oxy. It made me feel sick as fuck.
>>
>>25304605
sleep tight, Pizza
this is an original, new, creative comment.
>>
>>25304646
the first time i took it i was very weary from all the pain because we didn't get the prescription right away so i just went straight to sleep once the pain subsided.
I thought the pain was flaring up again the next day so i took one pill and about 15 minutes later i was completely sapped of energy and just laying on my couch, brother walked into my field of vision and i saw him and was fully aware he was there then jumped like i was scared of him showing up
fucking weird as hell
>>
>got wisdom teeth out last year
>they put me in more of a twilight and numbed my mouth
>whole time was just disorientated
>kept thinking "lol I'm gonna check my phone"
>"where's my phone"
>"oh yeah lol"

Then the first night I had like no pain, but then suddenly SWELLING and it was hell for like a month.

I'd get like a syringe or ask for one btw, like a few times a day you'll need to squirt warm salt water into the wound in your mouth to flush the food that eventually gets stuck in there

It's like popping the worst fucking zit of your life god it's so satisfying to do
>>
>>25304019
Woke up during widkm tooth durgery. Hurt. More drugs given for 50 dollars.
>>
>>25304828
Did you feel them pulling?
>>
>>25304019
I don't even remember falling asleep. You'll wake up groggy and you won't dream either if it goes like mine.
>>
Oh yeah forgot because of late anesthesia I filed a lawsuit against nobody ... because I thought the CVS charge for oxycodone was bogus because I didn't remember buying it.
>>
I went to an oral surgeon so I was completely unconscious for entire the procedure.

I just blacked out and woke up with a funny feeling in my mouth.

>qt3.14 anesthesiologist said "You have nice vein structure"
She mirin
>>
I've had 9 spinal surgeries and it's easy going under, they gave me something to 'calm me down' and fuuuuuuuuck I'd cut off my dick to feel like that forever.

Although once when I woke up they put a halo traction on me and apparently I swore at all the nurses and was yelling shit like 'Cunt take this fucking off fuck'
>>
>>25304019
It's like taking a nice nap. Nothing to be afraid of.
>>
>>25304605
>the shit fucks with you

How? I used the rest of mine up well after surgery just for a bit of fun and nothing ever came of it, just /comfy/ feels all around senpai.
>>
>>25305125
>drug faggie
leave normalscum
>>
>>25305187
>you must be a normalfag if u do drugs xdddd

I cannot fucking understand this viewpoint at all, drugs/alcohol are nice time-killers and make you feel alright with the world, exactly what a robot wants. You can get must stuff through the internet now anyway so I don't even have to go out, so what is 'normie' about it?
>>
What's it like to have a lobotomy?
>>
>>25304347
I said some stupid stuff before I was fully under and shortly after I was taken home.
It mostly consisted of what I was thinking at the time, i.e. the nurse/assistant asked me about who was with me today and I just told them it was my mom, and that my mom's the one person I trust the most (a lie.) Afterwards I remember feeling remorseful for not wishing the doctor/nurses a Merry Christmas/happy New Year (it was a week from Christmas at the time of the surgery,) and apparently I said "I forgot to wish them a happy new year." several times on the ride home.
>>
>>25304019

Scary. I tried to run out of the hospital when they told me they were putting me under. That shit makes my anxiety go off the charts for some reason.

Usually they dope you up with anti anxiety meds though, which worked on my end.
>>
>>25304605
>tfw doctor gave me 40 pills
>I only used 1.5
>tfw no pain at all
Now I've just got like 38 pills sitting around and no idea what to do with them.
>>
>>25305267
drugs aren't necessary to feel any high in life, watch an anime you like, play a good vidya, do something that doesnt require an addiction or a lot of money shelled out
its really simple honestly
>>
General anaesthesia if done properly (and 99.9% chance it will be, anesthesiologist fuckups are rare) is just nothingness, like the period of time after you fall asleep but before you start to dream. You won't even be aware of the passage of time.
>>
>>25305400
>drugs aren't necessary to feel any high in life

Has anybody ever said that this was the case? As a recreational activity it beats almost everything else.

>require an addiction

Okay so you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.