[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What activities act as therapy for you? >Auto Detailing I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: collager9k.png (1 MB, 1568x528) Image search: [Google]
collager9k.png
1 MB, 1568x528
What activities act as therapy for you?

>Auto Detailing
I obsess over detailing cars. I literally cannot stop search for the next way to improve and reach perfection. I make a little cash off of it (very little and that money just funnels directly into more products) but mostly it provides a release of frustration and a way to keep me occupied.

>Vinyl
Nothing beats loading a LP onto my turntable at the end of the day,

I have poured thousands of dollars into both of these things and I have no regrets. Before them I had no self esteem and felt that I was useless.
>>
File: 1414063470639.jpg (27 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
1414063470639.jpg
27 KB, 400x386
>>25303379
hey buddy, my f250 is pulling this steering vibration shit on me

if im driving at like 20-30 mph, if i hit a pothole or something i feel vibration in the wheel and the seat. sometimes ill hit another and it will go away and be smooth again

same exact thing happens without fail at 60-65mph and goes away at 70

any ideas? im gonna have to take this in and get it diagnosed etc because i dont know how to work on vehiles i just bought the truck a few months ago for work
>>
Hand-sewing. It's mostly the careful, repetitive motions that help ease anxiety, but I also just calm down working on things for the sake of art.
>>
>>25303417
Sorry man, auto detailing has nothing to do mechanics.

Sounds like it's something a pro might need to handle though.

I'm about as clueless as anyone when the check engine light comes on.
>>
>>25303457
some times repetition is just what you need to relax
not having to worry about what the next move is is one of the most relieving feelings
>>
>>25303379
now the viniyl stuff, i already inversted about 400 in my vinyl collection
>>
>>25304636
what the fuck did i just write oh god
>>
asmr

beating off

talking to people i meet on /r9k/ (I can't afford real therapy)
>>
Cleaning and reorganizing it looks like

I averted my last horrific depression day by shaving, and the latest one by cleaning my room after months
>>
>>25303417
might want to try refilling your tires to make sure they're at the same pressure, if that fails have the alignment checked.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.