[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I quit 4chan successfully? I plan on doing it for 2016.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1443327278099.jpg (64 KB, 599x510) Image search: [Google]
1443327278099.jpg
64 KB, 599x510
How do I quit 4chan successfully? I plan on doing it for 2016. I can't waste time on here anymore
>>
>>25303101
but you're here forever anon
>>
>>25303101
>go outside
>get a job
>watch TV
>get a girlfriend

anything but go online. 4chan and reddit will always be a default click away if you go online. No escape until you forget that muscle memory.
>>
>>25303138
please no
>>25303150
>go outside
its cold af and i dont own a car
>get a job
Im in school rn and have break but i still work 3 hours a day
>watch TV
no cable or tvs in house
>get a girlfriend
too hard
>>
I don't know, I have a pretty active social life, but don't have anyone to hang out with 24/7 and wouldn't want to hang out with people 24/7, half the time I'm on my phone anyway when chillin with people on 4chan or Facebook, I run my own business and have to put maybe 1-5 hours a day into it, the rest of my time I spend switching between Facebook, 4chan and 420chan. I don't have any other hobbies I stick with, everything else seems boring compared to the internet
>>
>>25303184
The point was to find a timesink that's an alternative to being online. I can't tell you what you can/should/will/etc. do but it needs to be away from the computer. You can try video games all you want but as soon as you shut down you'll just come back and check to see if anything interesting's posted.

Or try the cigarette trick. Stay on \b/ for like, 12 hours. Saturate yourself in the shit of it. Bonus effect if you do it during a normal workday so it's just stagnant crap for 8 hours.
>>
>>25303101
Don't quit entirely, I only post on 4chinz from my phone now and I'm much more productive than when I was sitting at my desktop all day
>>
>>25303101
Use this and make it redirect somewhere better

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/block-site/eiimnmioipafcokbfikbljfdeojpcgbh?hl=en
>>
>>25303236
seems pretty damn nice
>>25303245
yeah I get you.
>>25303279
hmmm
>>25303292
thoes dis work on Opera?
>>
File: index.jpg (6 KB, 274x184) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
6 KB, 274x184
Can someone just design an app that allows one hour of chan per day and then denies access? It's not like quitting is an option. I think this could have a large demand. It could at least slow the advance. You could call it the "One-Hour-Chan-Cap-App" or the "Ch'Ap'Cap". You're welcome.
>>
It's impossible anon. I have to live without internet for a week and I just spent my time walking around the house. It was never 4chan's fault, we're just pieces of shit.
>>
>>25303943
>an app
Mobile user detected.
>>
>>25303101
find an alternative to being online. i wont suggest sociall interaction because if we could do that we wouldnt be here.

books and movies willl be the best alternative. try painting if you can or any other art. dont do vidya unless it is single player and even then it is a big timewaster
>>
>>25303101
get yourself busy

or get yourself arrested and thrown in jail

or kill yourself
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.