[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The purpose of this thread is to get a map off of google images
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 28
File: states I've been to.png (17 KB, 466x292) Image search: [Google]
states I've been to.png
17 KB, 466x292
The purpose of this thread is to get a map off of google images and fill in all the places you've been.
>>
File: places.png (30 KB, 999x548) Image search: [Google]
places.png
30 KB, 999x548
>>25303028
I've been places.

Born in Washington.
Raised in Germany.
Living in Alaska.
>>
>>25303216
Oops I forgot about Belgium and the Netherlands.

How did I forget my visit to Arnhem?
>>
File: Throbbing cocks.png (45 KB, 999x548) Image search: [Google]
Throbbing cocks.png
45 KB, 999x548
Been to ever state except Kansas and North Dakota. Not because I was trying to visit every state but because I lived on the road hitchhiking for a couple of years a few years back, and these are the places I either decided to go to or went through to get to where I wanted to go. Kansas and North Dakota are literally the worst and most pointless places to hitchhike through(other than New Jersey/philly/maryland surrounding area imo) so it's no coincidence I haven't been there.

Traveled to nipland, myanmar and australia for vacations. I just save up 4-6 grand every year and blow it all in some random foreign country. I'm thinking NZ, China or Sweden/Germany next.
>>
>>25303538
Forgot VBC. Fuck VBC. Shitty version of WA.
>>
File: map.png (336 KB, 1436x882) Image search: [Google]
map.png
336 KB, 1436x882
tfw you've never been outside of the U.S.
Anyone else /Wisconsin/ here?
>>
>>25303538
>hitchhiking
Thought you got mugged by druggies if you did that too long.
>>
File: 956.png (68 KB, 265x190) Image search: [Google]
956.png
68 KB, 265x190
>>25303028
Also Iceland, Britain, France, and Japan. America is bestica, though. If someone told me I could never leave Burgerland again I'd be fine with that.
>>
>>25303721
>never been outside of the U.S.

That sucks. Life is A LOT better outside of the stars N stripes bubble.
>>
>>25303802
Also, been to Michigan, and a few others on the road-trip there that I honestly don't know because I don't remember which route I took. Forgot to nab those but god bless ameriga.
>>
File: 2015-12-28-00-34-23-1.jpg (73 KB, 539x365) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-28-00-34-23-1.jpg
73 KB, 539x365
>>25303028
ive lived in Georgia, new york, virginia and sc and visited most states near them .nothing exciting though
>>
File: 1449578446170.jpg (39 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1449578446170.jpg
39 KB, 1280x720
>>25303809
>Life is A LOT better outside of the stars N stripes
top laughing out loud m8 murrika is number 1 for a reason
>>
Hate these threads. Always reminds me of normies circle jerking and trying to one up each other by passively bragging about how much they travel.
>>
File: 1450611184208.jpg (94 KB, 302x508) Image search: [Google]
1450611184208.jpg
94 KB, 302x508
>>25303886
Cry moar faghot
>>
>>25303886
OP, here.
I was actually more interested to see if anyone would post that they haven't even left their own state, maybe even their own county.
>>
>>25303745
Only if you're a dumbass. I've heard plenty of stories and it's always from the oogles. Got a knife pulled on me in philly and I roared and swung my guitar around and he ran. There were large groups of teenage black kids in NJ who were openly discussing the option of robbing me in broad daylight in public, that was probably the most danger I was ever in. Got the fuck out of there on a bus before nightfall, Newark is a terrible place. NYC -> North Carolina was the most challenging part of my life, never got close to the northeast again and I don't really have a desire to go back even when traveling like a normal person.
>>
File: 1445341538103.jpg (212 KB, 834x906) Image search: [Google]
1445341538103.jpg
212 KB, 834x906
>>25303809
America is pretty comfy desu but I haven't been to Europe, parts of it look better(Scandinavia + Germany). Say what you want about Kebab but working in a hostel for a year, Germans, Swedes and Norwegians were always the coolest, most educated and interesting people I met. Otherwise, I doubt there are much comfier places to live than certain parts of murrica.

>>25303886
If you're actually interested in traveling it's nice to get into discussions with people who've been places to find out where you might want to go or what you should know about a certain place. That and storytime is fun.
>>
>>25303857
>Untravelled loser pleb detected

Number 1 in what? Military, sure. But everything else sucks ass

Fat people everywhere, soulless restaurants like applebees, Walmarts everywhere, no jobs and slutty, UGLY ASS GIRLS everywhere
>>
>>25303809
US and European cultures have their ups and downs.

I do enjoy the freedoms of living in America, but I am a big history buff so Europe is more interesting to me.

Still not used to the local population speaking English...

>>25303886
I never chose to travel. I was dragged to foreign places.
>>
File: World-Prison-Population-400px.jpg (42 KB, 400x220) Image search: [Google]
World-Prison-Population-400px.jpg
42 KB, 400x220
>>25304017
>I do enjoy the freedoms of living in America

You do realize that America is the least free country in the world, right?
>>
>>25304081
I hate this argument.
Yes, America is weirdly prudish about marijuana but other than that the laws are more relaxed than elsewhere.
>>
>>25304109
>other than that the laws are more relaxed than elsewhere.

No they're not you stupid faggot. How many cops kill their own citizens in USA daily, retard. America is a fucking hellhole
>>
>>25304081
Seriously, if you actually go places and see things and see how people live and people are and meet people from around the world, it's very clear that America has it pretty damn fucking good compared to most of the world. I don't even have any patriotism, I'm just shooting straight and trying to be accurate.

You might think that a country that literally invades nations to steal their gold and oil, unchecked, probably has it pretty alright.
>>
>>25304166
>How many cops kill their own citizens in USA daily
How many of these dead people are white and didn't run at the cops with a knife or gun?

I'm actually asking.
>>
File: 1443571276601.jpg (66 KB, 640x641) Image search: [Google]
1443571276601.jpg
66 KB, 640x641
>>25304166
>America is a fucking hellhole
Compared to what? South America? The Middle East? Africa? Southeast Asia? Keba--I mean Europe?
>>
>>25304109
>Drinking age 21
>Can't even drink a beer outside in public
>Age of consent 18
>World's largest prison population
>USA still has the death penalty
>Police constantly harass people minding their own business
>Police hide on side of roads to trick people into tickets
>Police shooting dogs, women, men and children at the slightest sign of resistance
>Police beating up/tasering elderly people
>Marijuana a jailable offense in most parts of USA
>Police respond with SWAT teams to noise complaints
>Ridiculous rape laws where a woman can just point a finger at a man and get him charged and imprisoned

Relaxed laws, huh?
>>
>>25304309
>>Drinking age 21
That's purchasing alcohol. You can drink it at home from a younger age.

That depends on the state but usually they follow the Federal standard.

>Age of consent 18
Depends on the State. Most states have it set at 16.

>World's largest prison population
Correct.

>USA still has the death penalty
Depends on the State.

>Police constantly harass people minding their own business
Depends on your race.

>Police hide on side of roads to trick people into tickets
Depends on the cop.

>Police shooting dogs, women, men and children at the slightest sign of resistance
Depends on the situation.

>Police beating up/tasering elderly people
Depends on... well I've never seen this happen but some assholes probably do.

>Marijuana a jailable offense in most parts of USA
DUDE WEED LMAO, but depends on the State, yes.

>Police respond with SWAT teams to noise complaints
Top lel.

>Ridiculous rape laws where a woman can just point a finger at a man and get him charged and imprisoned
Same as a few Western European countries, like the UK.

As a Brit who moved to the US, the one thing I've really noticed when talking about it with non-Americans is that they do not understand just how large the USA is. States have different laws and different cultures even.
>>
File: 1446049132634.jpg (38 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1446049132634.jpg
38 KB, 250x250
>>25304309
>Been comfortably drinking since age 14
Literally the only place you can't drink is in the street and why would you want drink in the street?
>Age of Consent is 16 in my state
>Largest prison population: All niggers
>Giving a fuck about the death penalty
Police only harass you if you're a nigger
Police only shoot you if you're a nigger and dogs if they're a pit bull(the nigger of dogs)
Police only beat up elderly niggers
>Marijuana 100% legal in my state
>Before it was cops didn't give a single fuck at all
>Associating with roastie scum enough to be accused of rape

How about you actually travel and see things instead of regurgitate garbage you read on 4chan?
>>
>>25304166
>>25304309
If you aren't a nigger, there aren't many issues.
>>
>>25304410
>You can drink it at home from a younger age.

Not that guy from before but no, you can't. Not legally.
>>
File: tfw.png (285 KB, 1298x805) Image search: [Google]
tfw.png
285 KB, 1298x805
>>25303028

>tfw never left country
>tfw you have never left the miles and miles of fields and strip malls that is the midwest.
>>
>>25304516
http://drinkingage.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=002591
Like most things in the USA, it depends on the State.

Also:

>letting the Government dictate what you can do in your own house
>>
>>25304410
>States have different laws and different cultures even.
This. The PNW is one of the most chill awesome places on the planet. Oklahoma is an absolute dump. There's a lot of variety here, and some of it is like, 10/10 livin' relative to the rest of the planet.
>>
>>25303028
Went to USA for a semester exchange program. Hated every second of it.

America's so fucking boring outside of NYC. And even NYC is rather shit.

Growing up I saw all these cool movies that made it look so great, but holy hell does America ever suck ass.

And your women......oh boy are they terrible. Fat ugly UGGS and hoody wearing whores.

You couldn't pay me to go back. If I ever return to the continent, it'll be Mexico or Canada.
>>
>>25304601
What did you do? travel to a few cities in the northeast and leave?
>>
>>25304533
Where you from in Michigan? Grand Rapids is pretty fucking cool and the beaches on the west coast of michigan are fucking fantastic.
>>
>>25304694
Studied for a semester at a University in New Jersey. Visited Pennsylvania, NYC, and Maryland.

Also went to California when I was younger.
>>
does it count if you've just driven through? or taken a train through?
>>
>>25304834
You have to step foot in the state. Just flying over/driving through does not count.
>>
>>25304844
What about stepping foot in an airport?
>>
>>25304763
See >>25303939
Congratulations, you have visited only what is literally the worst part of the US in my opinion. New Jersey is my #1 least favorite state, followed by Penn, followed by Maryland. I did like Manhattan/Brooklyn though.

Cali isn't bad at all outside of the large cities. Great beaches, woods, mountains and desert and some pretty chill ass people on the north side. Slab city is pretty chill too.
>>
>>25304601
>>25304309
Yeah...anyone that says something like "America is NUMBER ONE" is usually just some faggot that never traveled anywhere better. This country is pretty annoying. You can get in trouble for basically anything, really.That's why I never leave home. Still, gotta worry about cops raiding the wrong house, which happens all the time here. We really do let the government/police rape our asses here.
>>
>>25304869
Being in the airplane isn't being on the ground.
>>
>>25304938
>Congratulations, you have visited only what is literally the worst part of the US in my opinion

Isn't the Northeast like the epicenter of the whole country? I can't imagine it would be all that exciting in the center of the country.
>>
File: usa.gif (36 KB, 466x292) Image search: [Google]
usa.gif
36 KB, 466x292
will add virginia to the list next year when i stay there for magfest

florida i was in jacksonville for one hour and that's it

might have been to vermont, new hampshire, and rhode island when i was a kid but i don't remember
>>
>>25304999
>go to country
>proclaim it's shit
>not know anything about it
You are the worst kind of asshole.
>>
>>25304976
Ever heard of a connecting flight, stupid?
>>
>>25305059
You're just pissed off that you live in Burgerland. Land of the whore, home of the unfree.
>>
>>25305076
I misread airport for airplane.
Anyway what I said still isn't wrong.
You aren't on the ground still. You never outside.
>>
>>25304999
Saying the northeast is the epicenter of the country is sortof like saying the UK is the epicenter of Europe. It's just false and a weird thing to say. The country is simply too massive, and too culturally diverse. Some states are extremely fucking different culturally as soon as you cross the border.

Try visiting some places that are actually cool. The PNW, NoCal, Colorado, GR Michigan, West Montana, West North Carolina, Hawaii or Alaska, Terra Lingua, the slabs, Nola, seriously dude there is so much out there. Visiting a few shitty ass cities clustered together in a really small shitty part of a massive complex nation and thinking you know what that country is an entirely inaccurate way of thinking.
>>
File: crying american eagle.gif (64 KB, 358x317) Image search: [Google]
crying american eagle.gif
64 KB, 358x317
>>25305098
Sure, pal.
Enjoy your hypocritical ignorance.
>>
>>25305105
What if you walk outside to a connecting terminal?
>>
Hard to see but I have been to DC. Also I have been to Canada and Ireland and the UK
>>
>>25305191
I've never experienced such, but sure. Why not.
>>
>>25305205
forgot a state (Arizona)
>>
>>25305123
Well, NYC and Boston are in the Northeast, that's where all the businesses / brainpower in America is.

>The PNW, NoCal, Colorado, GR Michigan, West Montana, West North Carolina

Those places look shit.

I'll give you Alaska and Hawaii though. Those places look really cool.
>>
>>25305233
Actually visit them and find out. What are you looking at, maps? City names? What is your basis for these sweeping judgements of some of the most comfy and fun places in the US?

And you must be a yurop if you think that about the US. The West Coast is massively tied to business with Asia, and LA is a fucking powerhouse, though imo it's shit. Feels too much like a northeastern city and people are fucking awful in the northeast and in LA. I generally judge a place by how it's people behave towards each other and strangers, along with it's artistic culture and surrounding natural environment. This is why the northeast is such a shithole to me.
>>
>>25304309
>>25304410

It's technically illegal here, and you could technically get a $50 ticket for it... but cops really don't give a shit and it's almost never enforced. Most of the street drunks just put their booze in a paper bag.

One time I was like 19 walking around with a friend and we had an open bottle of hard liquor and a cop pulled up to us and was just like "what's wrong with you guys put that shit under your jacket or something" and left.

I agree with British anon who emphasized how much it depends on the state.

I'm in the Northeast, and while we don't have the most lenient marijuana laws (it's fucking legal in some of the Western states), we have the most lenient hard drug laws.

As far as Murrika and the law... it's like this.

If you live in a place where "morality" is a big public concern and (the South, parts of the Midwest, Utah), then yeah, you'll probably be harassed by cops for stupid shit like walking around town drunk with a bottle of booze.

If you're in one of the "meme cities" like NYC, DC, LA, etc., you might feel like the police presence is a little bit excessive, police are aggressive/overreactive and you may be harassed for dumb shit. But remember, those cities used to be really violent shitholes and still have big minority populations. Now they are "diverse" playgrounds for rich yuppies and trust fund hipsters, and they require that type of police force to keep up the illusion (if your average VICE-reading hipster lived in NYC in 1995 instead of 2015... they would probably have a different worldview).
>>
File: America-GoodOlDays.jpg (591 KB, 2400x1836) Image search: [Google]
America-GoodOlDays.jpg
591 KB, 2400x1836
>>25305344
>British anon
>tfw it takes so long to become American
Someday...
>>
>>25305344
So the morality parts are strict and so are the meme cities. Where do Americans live if they want to be free?

Here in Europe, I just feel like I have so much more freedom. Can fuck 14 year olds legally, can drink in public, the worst a cop will do about smoking weed in public is tell me to put it out, can party and be as loud as we want without cops showing up and beating people up because some old lady called the cops, have highways with no speed limit, can freely move about the country with public transport.

It's weird to me that you go around calling yourselfs the "land of the free"

Like, what the fuck is so free about it? You can't do shit.
>>
>>25305393
Why in the world would you want to become American? I'm literally curious, not trolling. What is the allure of it?
>>
>>25305513
>Why in the world would you want to become American?
Freedom.

>higher salaries
>bigger houses with more land for less money
>the 1st and 2nd amendment
>hell the entire Bill of Rights
>the scale of the country - it's 2,000~ miles at the shortest distance from East to West coasts
>the living costs are lower
>the taxes are lower (no sales tax in a few states too)
>superior healthcare (as long as you have kick ass insurance like I do)

I could go on.

Are you American?
>>
>>25305488
>enjoy your syrians hurr durr
>>
File: delete.png (314 KB, 1436x882) Image search: [Google]
delete.png
314 KB, 1436x882
>>25303721
>>25303721

Ayy, fellow wisconsin fag reporting in. Home for college, but normally living in MKE.
>>
>>25305488
I hitchhiked around the country for two years bumming thousands of dollars off of strangers, constantly had lots of marijuana and LSD on my person and did whatever I wanted, wherever I wanted whenever I wanted and never got arrested once. Got bothered by cops plenty, all that means is that I'm in a shitty part of the country. It's a big country.

If you're living in america and you don't feel free, fucking, move to another part of it. Repeat until free.
>>
>>25305233

>Well, NYC and Boston are in the Northeast, that's where all the businesses / brainpower in America is.

NYC has finance, some globalist shit, and a bunch of white collar people who work in Manhattan. Other than that, it's mostly immigrants and minorities working service jobs.

But did you even go to Boston? You probably would've liked it if you went, I think it's a much better city than NYC, and worlds better than Newark or Philly. It's also very different culturally and aesthetically than those three cities.

But yeah man, the Northeast isn't where all of the business/brainpower in America is. That's a pretty outdated view. Lots of companies are headquartered down south because although the south is kind of fucked up in other ways (drug laws, violent crime, "morality" type laws), it's much easier to do business down there than in the North because of lower taxes and less regulation. Lots of cities out west are really important too.

I'm pretty sure Houston (or Dallas, I forget) has the most Fortune 500 companies per capita in the country.
Also, San Jose and now Seattle are major tech cities. Plenty of brainpower there.
Los Angeles is the entertainment capital.
>>
>>25305488

>Where do Americans live if they want to be free?

Regions that are mostly white but aren't full of Evangelical Protestants (the type that follow televangelists and whatnot).

So basically:
>New England
>Pacific Northwest
>Mountain states (Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, etc.)
>Certain parts of the Midwest

Or, if you're adventurous and don't mind being surrounded by poverty, rampant alcoholism and heroin/meth addiction:
>Appalachia

Or if you don't mind Mexicans:
>Inland Southwest (Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico)
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (187 KB, 1513x983) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
187 KB, 1513x983
Yup. I live a really exciting life. These are the only places I've been ever. New Jersey's blue cause I live there
>>
>>25304516
>no you cant, you cant kill people. not legally.
laws dont mean shit
>>
>>25303721
whats up senpai
>>
File: le map.png (46 KB, 999x549) Image search: [Google]
le map.png
46 KB, 999x549
midwest avenger reportin
>>
File: 1448313215641.jpg (33 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1448313215641.jpg
33 KB, 640x480
>>25305898
This is a very accurate description of where you want to live in the US if you don't want restrictions around your life.

Mountain States and Appalachia are the ultimate examples imo. You can literally just go out into the woods and do whatever you want and who exactly is going to stop you?
>>
File: map.png (44 KB, 999x548) Image search: [Google]
map.png
44 KB, 999x548
The only time I've ever been out of my state is during trips with the family as a kid. I don't think I'll ever travel again
>>
>>25305588
>Are you American?

Nope. German.
>>
>>25306437
Well...what the fuck is there to do in the woods?
>>
>>25307064
Whatever you want to do. I've been to some sickass parties/gatherings in the middle of nowhere. I've also had some really good times camping alone for extended periods.

Also, I'm partially referring to hillbillies and mountain men. People that just go out and live in the middle of nowhere and grow pot and moonshine and are like 11/10 guitar players and songwriters and nobody will ever know. I've met some pretty cool people that live in the middle of fucking nowhere detached from mainstream society.
>>
>>25306437
>You can literally just go out into the woods and do whatever you want and who exactly is going to stop you?

The infamous American police.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DngOL6LokN4
>>
>>25307204
>handcuffing a dead body

Your police really are fucking murdering traitorous savages. I'm never going to USA.
>>
Been to all 48 inland states besides Nebraska because fuck Children of The Corn. I received $100K in inheritance from Great-Grandma and was obsessed with Supernatural at the time. Bought a car and drove around pretending to be a Winchester for 6 months. I was a true autist. Burnt through all but $35K of it.
>>
>>25304759

grand rapids, traverse city, and lansing are pretty nice

i live like 45 minutes from GR
but im near greenvile which is like the foodstamps poor people farmland county

it sucks.
>>
File: usa map.jpg (215 KB, 904x593) Image search: [Google]
usa map.jpg
215 KB, 904x593
havent been many places sadly. tn is my home state
>>
>>25307022
A Turkish German or a Syrian German?
>>
File: australia-map-1400px.jpg (223 KB, 800x748) Image search: [Google]
australia-map-1400px.jpg
223 KB, 800x748
>>25303028
Plus I rode a motorbike all around Auckland and Northland, NZ
>>
>>25305898
>Nevada
Honestly not a terrible place to be. I'd much rather live in New England, or the Pacific Northwest, or in another country all together, but Nevada's pretty comfy. Especially if you're into going /out/ or /k/-related subjects.
Lots of Mexicans and rednecks, also recently a lot more California types.
>>
File: aus.png (1 MB, 1295x887) Image search: [Google]
aus.png
1 MB, 1295x887
i haven't been far for my age.
my two friends have been everywhere compared to me.
>>
>>25305393
i wish i could go to the american 50s and live. its such a comfy time period for me.
>>
>>25303922

I've never left my state of Florida or city of Miami in my entire life and I'm 28. Hell not even the particular area of my city
>>
File: stupid cunt 3.png (17 KB, 850x530) Image search: [Google]
stupid cunt 3.png
17 KB, 850x530
White states are ones I've been too. I've also been to Puero Rico and the Dominican Republic but I was to lazy to find a map with those in it
>>
File: Thanks, Drum Corps.png (63 KB, 1238x1013) Image search: [Google]
Thanks, Drum Corps.png
63 KB, 1238x1013
Green = Current state
Blue = States I've lived in previously
Red = States I've traveled through/visited
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.