[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would it be possible to stream on twitch full time and start
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: asdgsw5e43rwege4t.png (5 KB, 299x168) Image search: [Google]
asdgsw5e43rwege4t.png
5 KB, 299x168
Would it be possible to stream on twitch full time and start making enough money to live off of within 2 years? I feel like I would be semi-entertaining and im not incredibly ugly so I think I could make it work but how likely would it be for me to get lucky influxes of viewers?
>>
>>25299394
That would all depend on what you consider enough money and if you're an attractive grill or not, wouldn't it?
>>
Absolutely. If you stream 5-7 days a week and average 500-1000 viewers you should get by.

And don't hope for 'lucky influxes', stand out from the crowd. Preferably by being better or funnier than the rest.
>>
Post your stream and I'll check it out when it's up
>>
>>25299437
>being better than the rest is what will make people watch you

Were you literally born yesterday?
>>
>>25299437
Also note that full time at that low viewer level means 10-12 hours of streaming almost daily.
>>
Only if you're friends with popular streamers, willing to viewbot, or you're a really hot girl.
>>
>>25299394
Yes, but you won't get viewers with lucky influxes. You have to stand out of the mass either by being a hot girl, being very smart, being very good at some game, being Forsen, etc.

And you still probably won't make it.
>>
>>25299469
Yes? That alone won't make you a twitch superstar but especially if you play more niche games, being the best at (or at least significantly better than most players and streamers), will make people watch you.
>>
>>25299428
Enough for food, internet and shelter is really all I need.

>>25299473
>>25299469
is it actually not possible to start out legit and just build up a fanbase? Keep in mind I could do it for 2 years without needing income.

I was thinking about a stream kind of similar to Sodapoppin but with way less cancer and only a few games.
>>
>>25299557

Less cancer doesn't work. You either have to be amazing at something, or be willing to give into the cancer memes.
>>
You wont make it if your plan is to just stream everyday and hope you get lucky
You need to start out ahead, get people interested in your for something else and then turn to streaming. From there growth should come naturally.
>>
>>25299514
I'm a Diamond 1 SMITE player, kind of a niche game but the game itself still gets a decent amount of viewers. The problem is I kind of fucking hate playing smite now but that's a way to stand out as someone who is better than 95% of the people that play the game.
>>
Hearthstone is super easy and gets a lot of viewers. If you grind out games any retard can get to legend and that might get you a decent amount of viewers. Especially if you play something unique.
>>
start with youtube then branch off to streaming on twitch. make your content interesting and have good production value. with consistency you'll eventually reach 1k subs, then 10k, then 50k, then 100k, etc. doable within your 2 year time frame
>>
File: 1438890952063.jpg (105 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
1438890952063.jpg
105 KB, 612x612
>>25299625
>being good at smite
Do you also know how to tie your own shoe laces?
>>
>>25299734
The issue is people generally only want to see legend players if they hit it early and doing that does take a modicum of skill.
>>
>>25300054
One of my friends hit legend in the first couple days one time
He should get streaming so I can leech off his fame
>>
>>25299734
>>25300106
Hearthstone takes a shit ton of money to get to legend though. Not really worth the money sink for a chance at fame.
>>
>>25300238
It takes a grand total of $0 if you're not retarded. Start with Arena which is easy to stream because you can do entertaining streams ("only draft the left side card", low tier heros, etc.) and have some informative shit during the games. The downside is your entire chat will be autistic because only retards want to watch exclusively arena. (Hafu, Ratsmah)

The upside is you can generate a lot of gold and dust if you know what you're doing and get a collection. From there you can ladder and hopefully have a high finish to make people want to listen to you when you tell them how to beat the meta.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.