[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Experiment: Dying in a dream
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: train.jpg (38 KB, 479x327) Image search: [Google]
train.jpg
38 KB, 479x327
All through my childhood, I had to cross the train-tracks to get to the bus-station. It was a little bit dangerous, and I always hide near the bushes because i was told it was illegal.

I did this for maybe 9 years until we moved.

Sometimes, I dream its winter, and I hide and peek to see if a train is coming. It's the same place, but otherwordly, and sometimes it's 3-5 tracks I have to cross, it's abit scary.

>Anyway

It dawned on me, I always wake myself up if I'm in danger in a dream, but what would happened, if I went against all instinct, stood infront of the train and accepted getting brutally hit by it without forcing myself to wake up?

Anyone else "genuinly" died in a dream? Like willingly jump from a building or something? Not "symbolicly" died but more brutal?

What happens? Do you trancend to a new universe?
>>
>>25294461
tldr >>>/x/
>>
>>25294461
i did nig , actually i died multiple times in my dreams , i wake up the instant i die though so i can't tell you what happens next. but it is possible , guess i answered your question
>>
>>25294461
>What happens? Do you transcend to a new universe?

You wake up and that's it.
>>
>>25294461
>Anyone else "genuinly" died in a dream? Like willingly jump from a building or something? Not "symbolicly" died but more brutal?

I remember a dream where i was crossing a bridge on a bike with a biker gang it was rad
I fell and died
I remember that sensation, the wind on your face and all that
>>
I got shot one time and just woke up.
>>
I was shot in the back of the head in a dream by Admiral Akbar. Everything turned red like it was Kill Bill or something and I hit the ground. Then I woke up.
>>
>>25294461
Every time I died in a dream willing it or not I woke up paralyzed few seconds and panting.
I fucking hate that, I always try to wake up before getting killed
>>
I die in dreams plenty. It's just the end of the story, and another dream starts or I wake up.
>>
I regularly die in my dreams. Nothing big happens though. I just sometimes sort of change perspective to third person so I see details on my body wich usually doesn't look anything like me.
Other times the dream just continues like nothing happened. I died in an accident with a bulldozer just to suddenly get up again and drive a car to a friend's. Can't really explain it, there doesn't seem to be any logic behind it.
Also there are times where I'd just wake up the very moment I die. Usually this happens if the dream has been frightening or stressful before.
>>
>>25294461
>Anyone else "genuinly" died in a dream?
I died in various ways in dreams. From getting shot in the head, suffocated to getting stabbed.

When it happens, I wake up.
>>
Anyone drowned in dreams? Whenever I fail to hold my breath underwater in a dream, it turns out I can just breath regularly. So then I figure out it's a dream and wake up.
>>
Yeah i died in a dream, got shot in the back by a semi automatic rifle and i could feel it in my back, it was like stinging and then really warm liquid came out of my back as i pretended i was dead, he then came over and shot me again and i woke up.
>>
>>25294461
I never thought about this, great thread. I think I remember dying in a dream once, and the dream just continued in third-person perspective.
>>
>>25294461
>the die and then wake to meme
How much Hollywood drama do you faggots watch
Whenever I die in a dream my brain either continues the video with the aftermath or just pitch black until the morning when I wake up. And to answer OPs question I've done that multiple times but they were usually lucid so I try to be ballsy and heroic.
I remember this one time in a dream I was face to face with a shitty drug dealer and he looked into my eyes when he shot a 9mm into my left leg, hurt like hell as I saw the blood poor and couldn't move while the hospital around be was burning. When I woke up I was sweaty and realized the AC was turned off and I had a muscle cramp in my leg explaining the fire and gunshot
>>
File: image.jpg (430 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
430 KB, 1280x800
I "died" in a dream once and stayed asleep without waking up. I actually started writing down my dreams a while back and overtime it's made it a bit easier to remember most dreams. Ok so anyways, here's the dream where I "died"
>be me, walking around in open field like picrelated
>it's a beautiful day with a slight breeze that just barely blows my hair around
>the sky is a perfect blue with a single cloud out in the distant
>mfw I feel like I'm in a desktop stock photo
>then I turn and look up and see an old WW2 plane slowly flying across the sky
>small little dot falls from its underside and in that instant I know what's coming
>a million thoughts rush through me in a matter of seconds and then I'm calm
>I continue to watch as this tiny object slowly grow in size
>here it comes
>in an instant a flash of light a couple miles away nearly blinds me
>as my eyes readjust I see it
>this large wall of energy moving closer and closer, faster and faster
>I can feel myself becoming tense but calm, I thought I finally understood what people meant in those old stories when they described being inside the eye of a hurricane
>when it hit me I thought I would go flying back or something like in the movies
>but it seemed to phase right through me
>I didn't feel a thing
>then I looked down at my body
>I looked like those people who survived the atomic bomb in Hiroshima, like a ghoul in fallout
>my heart wasn't melting and pieces of it were dripping from my rib cage like candle wax
>I started to walk around the feild, somehow still not in any pain
>I stop near a tree and fall to my knees
Then I woke up
>>
>>25295965
that's fucking metal anon, I've found that keeping a journal serves no purpose if you want to lucid dream
>>
>>25295965
Damn
That's some hardcore shit
>>
File: 1449985499868.png (411 KB, 632x475) Image search: [Google]
1449985499868.png
411 KB, 632x475
who else here is happy in dreams and hates reality
i have been expermenting with drugs to be able to sleep in 16+ hours a day and still dream.
just 8 hours hell left
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.