[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody ever have to abandon friends? There's come a point
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1449950333750.jpg (45 KB, 477x480) Image search: [Google]
1449950333750.jpg
45 KB, 477x480
Anybody ever have to abandon friends?
There's come a point I think in my life now where the life I live is too different from the people I see every so often. I don't do anything with my life, most of them do things.. Or at least have jobs. With myself I feel that my life hit a standstill a long time ago. I feel like a pariah now again, much like I've felt my entire life. It's normal for people to grow apart, and it's honestly been a long time coming. I realize that there is no "time" that will specifically give me permission to leave, unless last night's embarrassment was it. Maybe the realization that the time will never come is when the time comes. Where I have to be left to pursue my own devices, much like I've dreamed about.
It could very well end in suicide. Or I could grow and become a man.
>>
Never really had to, but it always happens. Never sure if I've ever really had any, but I don't have any now.
>>
It wasn't willful on my part but I had a good group of friends that I were fun and easy to relate to, but I had to move away from them half way through high school. That wasn't fun, haven't come close to hitting the same kinds of social strides since.
>>
>>25293362
Hey man, I'm feeling you. Maybe you'll find similar people again, maybe you won't. In the meantime, try increasing your chances that it happens.
>>
>>25293362
I was friends with a group of people who made fun of and belittled me every day for years, and one day I decided enough was enough, so I cut every possible tie I had to them. I was no longer going to be their circus monkey. To this day I talk to like two people, but it's much better. I do not regret it.
>>
When I went to a high school different from litterally all of my elementary friends, our relationship pretty much died.
Ran into them all two years later, had virtually nothing to say
Fast forward to present day, and choosing not to cling onto the past allowed me to purse different friendships and open up my world, and I haven't looked back since.

>change is necessary
>>
I haven't talked to my best friends in a few months now. I kept trying to keep in touch with them, but every time we would make plans they would get stoned and forget or I just wouldn't hear from them. I decided I was too old to deal with their shit and just stopped calling. One of them texts me random shit every once in a while, but other than that I've just been spending all of my time alone. I don't know if I'll ever make any new friends because of my awkward personality.
>>
op here. thanks for your replies.

>>25296238
>change is necessary

yeah, i know. i'm just feeling low i guess.
spun another way i'm actually thankful that i ever had friends at all. all i could be was funny, but i was always this derpy pariah with occasional gleams of wit and charisma. i've never fit in with these people so.. i look at it like i was given what i needed to survive. i think that's one way that god works. maybe i'm ready to move on.

there's something that i need to do i think before i can live happily.

anyway, yeah, thanks.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.