[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the best jobs for robots? Need some money but don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1439509921582.jpg (203 KB, 794x767) Image search: [Google]
1439509921582.jpg
203 KB, 794x767
What are the best jobs for robots? Need some money but don't want to deal with people.
>>
>>25292899
Amazon mech turk

It may be shitty pay but at least its something.
>>
landscaping

it's pretty juan-tier and humiliating but usually you're just by yourself cleaning a yard, trimming, cutting, etc
>>
>>25292899
I heard security is a good robot job. Have to get trained and all of that but the pay is decent and you don't do shit nor interact with other much at all.
>>
>>25293674
I heard similar things. Might give it a go.
>>25293643
I have tried it but as you've said, it pays shitty.
>>
>>25293674
Secuirty guard here

training was 3 hours and a test

might depend on what state you're from because you need a license.

Also it's a VERY personable job, I'm fucking goddamn customer service for all these people.
>>
If you get a job that forces you to interact with people you might get better at it.
I was a total shut-in NEET for about 2 and a half years after I graduated from high school until my parents made me get a job at the front desk of my uncle's hotel. It really helped my social anxiety and helped me get better at simple superficial interactions. I'm still pretty awkward and have trouble initiating with people and I'm totally incapable of talking to girls, but the extreme anxiety I used to feel over really simple things is gone. Stuff like talking on the phone, leaving the house, ordering food, etc.
>>
>>25294375
>Also it's a VERY personable job, I'm fucking goddamn customer service for all these people.
Wait really? What about a nightshift? Would you till be talking to people?
>>25294451
It's not that I'm bad at it. It's just that I prefer to not do it. I get tired real easily of talking to others.
>>
>>25294760
Night shift, depending on the location, isn't as bad. I've done both shifts.

On night shifts people want to waste time so they just talk to you because you can't go anywhere. Well they talk AT you, no one gives a shit about me there. Except my security bros and my boss.
>>
>>25294760
>>25294829
That being said there were a few sites I worked at that had 0 people at them. Those are outside normally. Otherwise I had direct interaction with the public. Which fucking sucks because you can't do anything and you have to watch what you say. I'm a very through individual and it eats at my anxiety.
>>
>>25294874
Ah well that's good to know. Thanks brobot.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.