[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is "trap" a transphobic slur?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1434802938393.jpg (141 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
1434802938393.jpg
141 KB, 1000x563
Is "trap" a transphobic slur?
>>
>>25292758
no because traps aren't transexuals.
>>
Some transfolk seem to think it is but I've always thought of it as quite endearing.

I don't even want to be a girl I just want to look like one.
>>
not really, it's implying that they're attractive and passing, that's a compliment if anything
>>
>Is "trap" a transphobic slur?
No because the term predates this whole stupid cultural marxist SJW trans acceptance movement.
>>
no traps-self identify as traps
>>
>>25292862
How do you know this? Citation?
>>
>>25292799
Yes, it's considered transphobic/offensive. What everyone in this thread means is that we don't give a shit. It's offensive because it's true.
>>
>>25292758
Who cares?

Nobody talks that much about fags irl and normal non-degenerates dont even know this word.
And if you care about offending someone online you should just end yourself
>>
File: aftervibration.png (940 KB, 1080x538) Image search: [Google]
aftervibration.png
940 KB, 1080x538
Transsexuals are sexist cunts, so who cares what they think?

"Passing" and "trap" are offensive terms though because they presume that only one expression of the feminine gender identity is possible or acceptable.

Christine Chandler isn't any less of a woman than Oprah Winfrey or the girl in your post. Accept it.
>>
>>25292758
The origin of the phrase "trap" is that these males (they have no intention of getting genital surgery) dress up like women and go to bars with the intention of picking up men and getting them in the bedroom to have sex without revealing that they aren't the gender they appear to be, therefore "trapping" the men at the bars. The phrase refers to crossdressers (people who derive pleasure from wearing the opposite sex's clothes, but may not necessarily associate with that gender). Since it doesn't refer transsexuals, it isn't transphobic.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjxTrrbjmx0

highly relevant.
>>
>>25293109
Trap refers to any attractive girl with a penis, which is the "trap" part of it.

In olden times, like the 2000s, people didn't realize that girls also could have penises, so they would find it strange. Now young people are taught at an early age that anyone can have a penis, and it is only bad if you are a boy with a penis because that makes you a potential rapist.
>>
>>25293109
You are mistaking trap for transvestite.
trap is simply a word for a person one could mistake for a woman. Nothing more, nothing less.
No matter if that person does it on purpose,
no matter if that person is a transvestite,
no matter if that person is a transsexual
>>
If you call a transperson a trap, then you are being transphobic.

However, traps are not transpeople. Traps are people of one gender pretending to be a different gender. Transpeople do not pretend.
>>
>>25292862
I can confirm this as an occasional reverse trap. I also dated a guy who was a trap for a few years. Neither of us like the term 'crossdressing' because it was long.
>>
No. We called ourselves it. Also, traps aren't "trans". We acknowledge we're men, just men who are pussies.
>>
>>25293460
You're one person, not "every trap."
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.