[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>born in small as fuck cow town >just want to move to a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 11
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 417x290) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 417x290
>born in small as fuck cow town
>just want to move to a big city
>even willing to be poor as fuck it's impossible

Looks like it's tractors and small community ties until the day I die
>>
No one else here is /small town/?
>>
>>25292919
What do you define as a "small town"?
>>
>>25292623
wow holidays are over, we went 4 days without this now bumfuck redneck boy is back in town posting the same shit again.

not sure if this is the same bumfuck redneck everytime or just another neighborhood redneck that he lives around.

who here /leftsmalltownlikeamanandstartedtheirownlife/ complaining motherfucker do something about it.
>>
>>25293532
You didn't go to Miami or nyc though you went to Minneapolis or Seattle or some shit I want a real nigger city
>>
>>25292623
>Earn money
>Save money
>Move
>>
>>25293780
How you cant afford la or nyc with a regular job
>>
>>25293780
How do I earn money without being a wageslave? I don't mind wageslavery that much, but being one in a big city would be hell and even an average salary means you'd be poor in a city.

And don't give me that go back to school and get a STEM degree garbage.
>>
File: kukngo.png (139 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
kukngo.png
139 KB, 500x375
IKTF OP it's a feel we'll carry to the grave unless mommy and daddy pay for our city studio apartments...
>>
iktf op. all thats in town is a pajeet convenience store, even though the town is like 97% white.
>>
>>25293896
>doesn't have any marketable skills
>won't retool to function in an urban, information-based economy
>will bitch incessantly on the male virgin subreddit of a Balinese street art forum
At least start hanging out on /biz/, you might pick something up. What do you do all day?
>>
File: 21179271794_ad9ef56f0c_h.jpg (621 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
21179271794_ad9ef56f0c_h.jpg
621 KB, 1600x900
>>25292623

Just make sure you go completely rural or full on city. Both are authentic and genuine, don't go for half measures and move to a fucking suburb and blow your brains out from boredom 5 years later from all the fakery.
>>
File: 1429090631941.jpg (49 KB, 353x234) Image search: [Google]
1429090631941.jpg
49 KB, 353x234
oh look, the daily "i wanna go to the big city" thread

i said it before and i will say it again

the city fucking sucks, ive been there and dont want to go back

>niggers, mexicans, asians, all kinds of minorities everywhere
>gangs
>violence
>literally smells like garbage and shit
>fucking concrete, concrete everywhere

that was Philadelphia anyways. fuck the city, im comfy with my cozy small suburb house
>>
>>25293812
sell your boipucci senpai.
>>
File: 15774100636_0029de3514_h.jpg (617 KB, 1600x1071) Image search: [Google]
15774100636_0029de3514_h.jpg
617 KB, 1600x1071
>>25294086

>look at me I spend times in poor/crime ridden areas and gee fucking whiz it just happens to be full of the poor and criminals

Fuck false dichotomy tards like this guy OP. You can find perfectly reasonable housing options close to urban campuses where the rates are lower for college kids. And with a little time on city data you can find reasonable housing in low crime areas just from comparing two data points.

There's a lot the city has to offer. People aren't poor because they live in the city, they move to the city because their poor. Urban nations tend to have more happy populations, as well being environmentally friendly. NYC has like the second lowest energy usage per capita in the USA due to efficiency and productivity of its citizens.

But as this guy >>25294062 said, just don't go fucking suburb. You'll end up dying of boredom because everything looks the same, and everything is fucking fake.
>>
>>25293896
>How do I earn money without being a wageslave?

On-demand economy... uber, lyft, postmates, etc. If you have a car that is, but you can even do small deliveries on a bicycle or scooter.
>>
>>25292623
Interesting, I am now having fantasies about moving out of the big city and back to a small town.

If the job situation were not so bullshit I would have already.
>>
>>25294086
>>niggers, mexicans, asians, all kinds of minorities everywhere

This cannot be over stated, you do not have to be a KKK member for it to be a problem.

The city I live in is to the point that you can go places and not hear English being spoken anywhere except for business transactions.

It is all spanish and indian\asian everywhere.

How long can this kind of shit go on before it starts creating problems.

Small town America is still America and not some globalist hellhole.
>>
>>25294337

>le spooky minority boogeyman
>>
>>25294337
I see more nogs in the burbs than the cities these days desu
>>
It sucks man. The thing is everyone under 30 wants to live in a city but we all can't afford it, only rich kids with daddies money and some lucky people that were born there can.

Small town sucks for a young single guy. Theres nothing to do, no good jobs, the few desirable girls either left after high school or got knocked up by one of the loser local boys. In a city you can go out every fucking night and see new people, nobody knows who you are or your private business or about the time you pissed yourself in the 5th grade.
>>
>>25294408
Yup. More nigs in Prince Georges County these days than in DC.
>>
>>25294337
>Some people are talking in another language
>I must be in HELL
>>
>>25294429
L-A-N-D-C-U-C-K-E-D
>>
Most people in big cities are fake, they only care about you as far as they might be able to profit off of you, or if you can get them laid.
Small town people tend to be more genuine, they also tend to be redneck as fuck.
Find a happy medium.
>>
>>25294477
>Small town people tend to be more genuine

haha no, small towns always have the biggest secrets. There is literally no reason to live in a suburb/small town unless you have a family and want to settle down.
>>
I would rather live near a forest
>>
>>25294429
The thing is I'd be Willing to live in a ghetto. I'd be willing to live in the projects. I'd be willing to work 40 hours a week and pay 70 percent of my check for rent. Even that isn't enough like what the actual fuck. I'm going to live in my car or some shit just fuck it I don't need a future I need a life. For once.
>>
File: 15128813918_63baf470d7_h.jpg (548 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
15128813918_63baf470d7_h.jpg
548 KB, 1600x1200
>>25294443

Not him.

When I first moved to the city for college, I had difficult finding a brand name barber I was familiar with and settled on an unfamiliar place on a busy avenue. Sure enough, I go in and the entire staff is Middle Eastern talking in a foreign language. It was intimidating at first, but after doing this routine two or three times and hearing it consistently on the streets you realize it's not that fucking big of a deal. If you grow a pair of balls it won't bother you. Yes, it will happen. If you live in a dense area it's almost a guarantee you will get asked for spare change once or twice a week. Thankfully, if you aren't a completely social fuck up, saying "Sorry, nothing on me," gets the job done.

My initial guess is that most people that are spooked of the BIG, SCARY, LIBERAL CITY are 20 year old's who think it's really intelligent or even ground breaking to hate globalization and human interaction when in fact its probably the most human trait there is. Once you cross the Mt. Stupid gap and ignore it because you aren't a little bitch, you can see past all the stuff Faux News feeds you and can have a lot of fun in a dense urban area.
>>
>>25294511
small town hillbillies smile to your face, but are really plotting on taking your boipucci.
>>
>>25294550
>I'd be willing to work 40 hours a week
40 whole hours? millennials, baka.
>>
>>25294627
That's full time my nigga working 60 to 70 hours a week and still having just enough to pay rent is Just way too much
>>
>>25294566

you are so progressive and caring.
>>
>live 30 mins from downtown chicago
>too poor to move
>been trying to get a better job for the last year
>barely supporting myself in a shitty suburb apt with a wageslave job

so close, but so far
>>
>>25294738
lol. I moved to NYC 15 years ago with $500 to my name. Worked 2 ft jobs for the 1st year. You shouldn't move here. I can tell you wouldn't make it.
>>
File: 1449122553776-0.jpg (85 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1449122553776-0.jpg
85 KB, 768x1024
>>25293812

I live in NYC and I have a regular job
>>
>>25294821
Can't you get a room in Chicago for like 600 a month in an average neighborhood? It's not la or nyc
>>
>if you want to live and be around your actual countrymen you are a faux news watching uneducated, loser, bigot.
insert additional shaming verbiage here.
How in the fuck did we get so god damn brainwashed?
>>
>>25294738
lol. Full time. Hahahahah.
>>
File: 23293407859_8256152b15_b.jpg (201 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
23293407859_8256152b15_b.jpg
201 KB, 1024x768
>>25294793

>progressive

LOL no. I don't give a shit about whatever nonsensical psychobabble the liberals or the GOP for that matter spew out. It's more or less being neutral and not throwing a hissy fit any time you see or hear minorities because you're not a teenager.
>>
>>25294793
you're scared of minorities
>>
>>25294858
Your rhetoric makes it clear you buy into that shit, I don't know why you are trying to deny it.
Just fuck off and die.
>>
>>25294868
>you're scared of minorities

Insert additional shaming language here.
>>
File: 22610819266_522c107e82_h.jpg (992 KB, 1600x1066) Image search: [Google]
22610819266_522c107e82_h.jpg
992 KB, 1600x1066
>>25294889

You have to be 18 or older to post here. I recommend being older than 22 or even 25 though so you don't come off as a blithering, biased retard with a mindset of a 7 year old school child. When you come back with responses that dont extrapolate from rhetoric that's not even there, we are free to have a civilized discussion.
>>
>>25294429
Gotta move to a mid-level city senpai. The trendy areas of NYC or LA are out of bounds for mortals without trust funds. Life in rust belt cities is cheap, it's probably similar for some eastern or southern cities, especially if you're willing to slum it.
>>
>>25294975
I'd rather live in a broken down slum closet in nyc then a mansion in st louis
>>
>>25294738
This nigga talkin about what he won't/can't do. What you can't do is live in the most competitive areas of the country with that bullshit.
>>
>>25295072
me too senpai. me too...
blooox
>>
>>25294337

This. I'd much rather live with people who look like me, talk like me, and share my values/traditions. Most people think this way, even the people who would call me a racist for saying that. To me, there is no novelty in multiculturalism.

This is why (and many fellow New Yorkers would hate me for saying this) I would MUCH rather live in Boston than NYC.

Boston is still uniquely New England and has a distinct culture. Sure, there are blacks and Hispanics in some parts, but most of the people you interact with will be white English-speakers from the area (or at least from somewhere in the Northeast).

>>25294408

Depends where you live, honestly. In the midwest it's still "shitty city, nice suburbs," but on the coasts it's definitely changing.

NYC pushed nearly all of its poor whites and many of its poorest non-whites out to Upstate, Long Island and New Jersey.

It seems a lot of big American cities are trying to become more like the big continental European cities, where the inner-city is wealthy, the outer-city is middle class and better-paid service workers, and all of the blue collar workers, poor people and non-whites live in the suburbs (with the poorest whites in the rural areas).
>>
>>25295072
>>25295178
Post industrial cities are the frontier of our time famalam. NYC is old money and established business. Nobody makes it big there anymore. You have to be starting from something to even have a shot there. Enjoy living in Hoboken and telling people you're a New Yorker though.
>>
>>25292919
I used to live in a town called Plattsmouth, Nebraska. I decided to move out to the Bellevue area. Still small, but a better neighborhood.
>>
>>25295295
Yah id rather be in la or Miami instead of nyc but thanks
>>
File: haha.gif (1 MB, 450x309) Image search: [Google]
haha.gif
1 MB, 450x309
>>25295320

>LA
>Miami

Hoo boy.
>>
>>25295285
>This. I'd much rather live with people who look like me, talk like me, and share my values/traditions.

OMG HOW DARE YOU!

This means you must think the city is BIG, SCARY and LIBERAL.

This highlights you are unintelligent uneducated hate human interaction and watch faux news.
This causes you throw a hissy fit any time you see or hear minorities.
>>
>>25295343
Not a fan of LA personally but Miami is alright by me. It's like living in another country without having to fuck with a visa. Totally different culturally than most of the US. I kinda feel that way about New Orleans too.
>>
>>25295320

So you want to live in Northern mexico or an extension of cuba?

Way to aim high.
>>
>>25295295
>Post industrial cities are the frontier of our time famalam.

But I want to live in a cosmopolitanism environment, not the frontier. That's sort of the point. And I live in N. Brooklyn senpai.
>>
>>25294844
i mean you could. but if you're including utilities in that 600 it's gonna be a shithole in a bad area. and i'm not trying to get fucking shot. not gonna fuck with chiraq
>>
>>25293719
I am actually in a beach town in california you cunt. Doesn't have to be a BIG city!

fucking nigger and I am currently on my way up to SF, where are you?
>>
>>25295381

The irony is big cities aren't even very liberal. Most of them have powerful conservative white men at the top.
>>
LA and Miami are for the already rich, tourists, and service industry and retail workers.
>>
>>25292623
ITT

>people with no real life experience whatsoever

get out and see the world behind your computer screen not in front of it... fuckers.
>>
>>25295469
Yeah but you can at least kind of live there on 10/hr not like nyc
>>
>>25295399

Yeah, I was going to say, Miami is the better of the two.

>>25295381
Hey, dumb faggot who's parodying my post which is >>25294566, I don't personally give a shit what you prefer. If you want to see white people all day, fine by me. Racist, not racist, who gives a shit, it's an exhausting argument that belongs with the children on /pol/ and /tumblr/. I'm here to laugh at the autists who get a hate boner for minorities because they're scary and intimidating and provide a so called "negative" experience. You're probably more pissed at poor people (which is actually understandable) than minorities. Fucking laughable.
>>
>>25295469
Correct. NYC is ultra-hard mode, but if you're looking to come up and you're not a smoking hot chick, it's the only real option of the three.
>>
>>25295473

Yeah OP get real life experience or something rather than wanting to move to a big city.
>>
>>25295570
He could literally go out and volunteer in a hostel in the middle of any big city, live for free work 3 hrs a day and gain a true experience but the op and most people continue to bitch because they think theyre privelaged and should be able to live in a nice 1 br apartment while doing shit nothing work related im not going to correct my misspelling dont care.
>>
>>25295617
If I could do that id literally already be there
>>
>>25295667

You are just an autist who gets a hate boner from being scared of minorities because they are so fucking bad ass that they intimidate you.
>>
>>25295617
Correct. I lived in a SRO for the first six months I lived in the city. Now I own a house.
>>
>>25295570
>Yeah OP get real life experience or something rather than wanting to move to a big city.
what does this even mean

i just wanna look out the window and see bright lights
>>
>>25295416
NYC has turned into a progressive safe space with fucking Disney in Times Square, a pretty far cry from where it was thirty years ago. At this point I'd rather be in Chiraq.
>>
>>25295469
>>25295565

If you aren't trying to "make it" in a specific industry and just want "big city living" in the sense like people went to NY/LA for in the 80s and 90s, go to Chicago, Boston, Las Vegas or San Diego.

All of the amenities are there, except it doesn't feel as overcrowded and you don't have as much of a chance of getting a notice on your door one day saying that Shekelstein Developers are knocking down your perfectly fine 100 year-old apartment building to put up more $5000/month luxury condos.
>>
>>25295832
But not work more than 40 hours a week.
>>
>>25295834
Nigga please. NYC is, was, and forever will be, entirely about the $$$.
>>
>>25292623

I live in a town that is like the largest in Europe or some shit. If it isn't then it's one of the largest. I was going through London on a coach one day and remember seeing seventeen to eighteen year olds skating around the more wealthy parts. Must be a good youth. Someone on here posted about the upper class tumblr scene a few weeks ago and said that a lot of them go through the local music scene or fancy restraunts. Tfw inprisoned on chemical plant
>>
I live in a small town and it's great, only normies want to be surrounded by people and noise.
>>
>>25292919
I live in a town of ~20k. Is that too small? Too big?

I like it here.
>>
>>25295923
Is it edgy that I wish New York was edgier? Chicago's theater scene is great, the city was planned better and I find NYC's bullshit about transfats, serving sizes and the correct use of xe/xir/xem objectionable. Maybe I just hate DeBlasio.
>>
>>25292623
define small town and define what size town you want to move to
>>25292919
I am from a town of 300,000 people which is a shitty gas station by Californian standards
>>
>>25296095

Nah, it's not edgy. NYC is a tourist trap and playground for the wealthy now.

2015 Chicago seems like it might be kind of similar to mid-1990s NYC. I'd definitely like to visit one day.

I read an interesting article about Chicago on RoK recently, saying it's a great city for single men because it's not ridiculously expensive and it's much easier to meet women than NYC/DC/LA/SF.

The article also said that the city's tradition of extreme corruption and nepotism in politics actually keeps the SJWs from having too much influence, and I wonder if that's true.
>>
>>25296095
>Is it edgy that I wish New York was edgier?
I assume 'edgy' is shorthand for degenerate nigger shit? Try Baltimore. You'll love it.

>Chicago
>Planned better

da fuq? I don't even kbnow where to begin with that.>>25296095
>transfats, serving sizes
That was Bloomberg, and frankly a good ideza. NYC holds itself to a higher standard than the rest of fat ass America.
>>25296095
>the correct use of xe/xir/xem
No one gives a half a fuck about that kind of shit. This is NYC, not a college campus.
>>25296095
>Maybe I just hate DeBlasio.
I'm sure I hate him.
>>
>>25296380
Fucking remarkable that it's hard to find women in NYC given the favorable demographic balance. American women are truly cancerous.
>>
>>25295795
I'm not afraid of living in a black neighborhood I'd do that
>>
>>25296434
>This is NYC, not a college campus.
Practically the same thing at this point
>>
File: nam.jpg (57 KB, 779x586) Image search: [Google]
nam.jpg
57 KB, 779x586
>>25292623

OP are you the guy from nowhereville kansas? or was it nebraska? I think I remember you from threads a few months back
>>
>>25296434
M8y, from a standpoint of urban planning Chiraq is objectively superior. The fire and the fair in 1896 allowed for development in a way the New York can't match. The cities' basic transportation infrastructure has remained unchanged for the past several decades, and Centra Park sucks balls desu. Also your degenerate city just passed a bill penalizing the improper use of pronouns when talking to the mentally ill. Consider relocating.
>>
>>25296568
Yet no one I know in NYC has a car, and everyone I know in Chicago does.
>>
Lol, I'm surprised /pol/ doesn't love NYC. Under a thin veil of progressive bullshit, NYC actually has the most advanced de facto segregation in the country.
>>
>>25296440

I personally think it's because Chicago women are less likely to be "strong, independent, driven career women" or privileged feminist bloggers than the women in NYC.
>>
>>25296821
>I personally think it's because Chicago women are less likely to be
thin
>>
>>25296789
Milwaukee is the city you want. Cheap, strong drinking culture and statistically the most segregated city in America. Pretty based.
>>
>>25296885
I live in NYC. Maybe if I go broke and gain 100 pounds I'll consider Milwaukee.
>>
>>25297141
Exactly I fucking belong in la or something I'm not one of these flyover hicks
Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.