[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Health anxiety?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: Bed Pepe.png (80 KB, 500x421) Image search: [Google]
Bed Pepe.png
80 KB, 500x421
Who /health anxiety/ here? I'm constantly worried about having cancer. Going to the doctor only relieves it until I find another thing I'm concerned about. I'll often find bumps and feel cramps in my stomach, and I puked up a bit of blood yesterday when I had a hangover.

I don't want to die. I'm only 19. What can I do to stop worrying all the time, guys? It's damaging my emotional health. I've never been to a counsellor or anything because my parents will just nag me as to why I want to go and ask me why I can't talk to them instead if I ask.

I've tried explaining to my mom before, but she just tells me 'there's nothing to be afraid of' or 'don't be so paranoid' as if it's that fucking easy.
>>
File: 1450180318725.jpg (129 KB, 600x772) Image search: [Google]
1450180318725.jpg
129 KB, 600x772
>>25292444
I used the be the same as you. I just stopped caring after a while.

The protagonist in 'synechdoche, new york' has the same condition as you if i remember right.
>>
>>25292444
Only thing that helped me was psych drugs
>>
>>25293104
How am I going to get those without going to a counsellor/psychologist?

I still live with my parents, and they want me to justify why I want to go, but if I do I know they'll respond with a polite variation of "Don't be such a crybaby, anon".
>>
>>25292444
Kill yourself, you're literally stupiding yourself to death anyway. You probably gave yourself ulcers.
>>
>because my parents will just nag me as to why I want to go and ask me why I can't talk to them instead if I ask.

You say to your parents "I have hypochondria and it's severely impacting my life. I need to see a expert. This is a mental health problem that I believe needs to be treated with Psychotherapy."

Also, youre fucking 19, youre a grown man. Stop letting your parents dictate your life.
>>
You, my friend, are what they call a hypochondriac.
>>
>>25292444

I used to have the same thing going on and it pretty much ruined my life.

Best advice I can give you OP is that you need to stop thinking about it. You probably won't get cancer and if you do, it'll most likely be when you're very old. Cancer most likely will not take your youth away.

But if you keep worrying about getting cancer when you're young, then the worry WILL take your youth away.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.