[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fat piece of shit here. I've been running everyday for the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1445159489363.jpg (98 KB, 540x475) Image search: [Google]
1445159489363.jpg
98 KB, 540x475
Fat piece of shit here.
I've been running everyday for the last week, 30 minutes a day, with a 1 minute sprint every 4 minutes.

I also cut off sodas and shit food, I eat chicken, turkey, fruits, vegetables, wheat and eggs.

I've done this routine (increasing difficulty with more sprint, up to 1 hour) once for like a month and a half and got some nice results but gave up after injuring my ankle and not being able to even walk for two weeks.

I'm getting back at it slowly and was wondering, do you guys think I should also lift? Cause I'd love to be big with little body fat%, but I feel so exhausted after running... and I want to burn my fat more than gaining muscles.
I also run at home, on my treadmill, which is very convenient, and going to the gym through the subway to lift sounds like such a pain..
Maybe I should lose my fat first, and then lift?
>>
Tl;dr ya diggums?
>>
>>25291657
>>>/fit/
How did you miss this board? Oh that's right because cuck thread.
>>
Cut out the meat if you want to lose weight.
>>
>>25291685
I don't like /fit/, they will just ignore me or yell at me for not reading their fucking sticky even if I did.
>>
>>25291699
But it's low calories, tastes good and feels good.
A slice of chicken is less than 30 calories.
>>
>>25291708
I'm here to yell at you and tell you to fuck off and read the sticky. Now fuck off and read the sticky, you don't want to improve yourself you want to wax poetic with other failures about what you could be doing to get better instead of just going and obtaining the information you need to succeed. Leave this place.
>>
>>25291743

It has virtually no fiber.

Protein has the same amount of calories per carbs.

If you want to lose weight, your best bet is to stick to foods high in fiber.
>>
>>25291657
Lifting would help you burn fat more quickly.

From a fellow fat person who lost 40lbs a year and a half ago, make sure whatever you do, running, lifting, WHATEVER YOU DO, is something you can stick with over the long term.

I went from 250-210 and now I have no motivation to do anything but maintain my plateau.
>>
>>25291805

Protein dense foods are extremely satiating and you need protein to not lose muscle while you cut.

Someone who's trying to lose weight should absolutely be getting 30-40% or so of their calories from protein, and lean meat is like pure protein
>>
>>25291764
...shut the fuck up normie or i'll kill you
>>
>>25291657
try walking for 1:30 instead of running for 0:30. Similar amount of calories burned but you get to enjoy nature and perv on stacies

also go to bed hungry since you wont be hungry when you wake up regardless.
>>
>>25291919

It's not satiating when you are restricting your diet and cutting back caloric intake significantly.

Again, high fiber food sources are the best way to do it. There are plenty of options that will provide enough protein as well.
>>
Start swimming, it will not damage your joints like running and it will help your cardio a lot, so you will not feel exhausted like you do after running. For fatties it's the best possible form of exercise to get back in shape.

I posted this on /fit/ a while ago, maybe it will help.

Since you are just starting, make sure you stretch before and after you swim. It's often overlooked but it's a extremely important part of any workout. In terms of actual workouts:
>warmup
2x 300 freestyle, broken up into 3x 100s with rest of about 15 seconds in between each 100, and a minute in between each 300

>pre-main set
Get a kick board and do some 50s kick, about 10 or so. Give yourself 20-30 seconds rest in between.

>main set
This is the hardest part of the workout, where you get the most important muscle and endurance growth. For beginners just do a solid 1000 yard freestyle and try to breathe every 3, work on flipping during your turns, keep your stroke lengthy and don't take more than 20 strokes per lap. You can do more after the first week or so but keep it simple to start.

>cool down
400 straight freestyle, nice and easy. If your muscles hurt more than your joints after this, you had a good workout. If you feel like you have pain that isn't that "good pain" feeling, stretch out a lot and make your next workout shorter.

This should take an hour or two, and will benefit you a lot to start, less moving forward. Just stay with it and maybe consult a masters coach or something for technique so you don't fuck yourself up with repeated stress injuries.
>>
>>25291764
this
ready the fucking /fit/ sticky if you want to get anywhere
Also, having built muscles will increase your passive calorie burn rate, because big muscles require energy just to stay big. Lifting will help you burn fat a LOT.
>>
>>25291657
For sure lift at the same time and cut back on running until you get to a more normal weight and start biking or elliptical. The biggest mistake fat people make is hurting themselves running, because the cardio is great for losing weigh t but when you're large and out of shape you can fuck up you knees and ankles super easy. Muscle has a higher maintenance requirement than fat so the more you have the more calories you'll burn just by existing, plus building muscle takes a ton of excess calories, so it'll never be easier to do than when you already have a ton hanging off you, just remember to eat the lean protein and vitamins necessary
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.