[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Band of brothers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: bandofbrothers.png (367 KB, 500x338) Image search: [Google]
bandofbrothers.png
367 KB, 500x338
>tfw watching Band of Brothers
>you will never form a lifelong comradeship with brothers you've faced death with
>you will never return to the greatest time of prosperity and success in human history, a young, proud and viril young man with his entire life ahead of him
>you will never marry some qt conservative girl, move out to the fresh suburbs and start a life
>you will never be a parent to some shitty boomer kids
>you will never be your grandpa

How the fuck do I deal with these feels?
>>
Just remind yourself that you'd be one of those that died while still on the plane.
>>
>>25286764
Majority didn't die on the plane and even if I did, it would be better than this shitty life.
>>
>>25286756
>tfw no /comfy/ foxhole to hide from incoming artillery fire
>>
>>25286856
Fucking this

Just imagine hugging the dirt as you endure a 7 hour artillery barrage.
To bad I'd be the first one that dies so there's no going home for me.
>>
>>25286878
It would be fucking hell but afterwards it must feel amazing. You always feel the most alive after having gone through struggles. Just imagine the bonds you made with those people.

Fuck 1945 to 1965 seems to have been the absolutely best time to live, no doubt.
>>
Nigga go read Catch-22 if you really want to know what war's like.
>>
>>25286856
i know that feel anon

i'd be dead by some accident on base or something

or i'd end up being a communications officer or something else with no glory
>>
How do normal people even deal with the fact that they will never prove themselves in battle? For me, it's the only way I could ever attain any modicum of self respect. As things stand I don't judge myself worthy of affection or respect because I never proved myself in battle, and all of the "achievements" attainable in regular society seem trite and meaningless.
>>
Unless you were sent to the Pacific.
>>
>>25286994
>chill on warm pacfic beaches
>fuck Japanese, Pinoy, Korean and Chinese qts wherever you get stationed

Would certainly prefer that over having to deal with the Russians.
>>
>>25286756
>thrown out of a plane in the middle of the night after it gets hit by flak
>tumbling out with your parachute ripped and on fire

y-yeah

I wonder if soldiers back then knew what they were signing up for or if they thought exactly the same things we did.
>>
>>25287029
that anon is referring to the soldiers who were sent to fight in the pacific during ww2

>hot humid hell
>fucking mosquitos and all manner of other diseases
>fighting japs
>>
>>25286895
I agree anon. But then boomers fucked everything my country in particular (Australia).
I had a near deth experience the other day and felt amazing for about a week after. Can't sleep so I'll green text..
>driving 2am night drive on main road
>dank beats blasting
>see blinker flashing in front of me
>within the space of 2-3 seconds notice it's a car
>FUCKING ONCOMING IN MY LANE
>"what the fuck" scream it as I weave across the road
>guy just keeps driving
>freak the fuck out and call mummy

Was going about 60kmph he was going about 50. Head on crash coulda died or seriously injured.
Yeah. Hope you enjoyed
>>
I felt the same thing when I watched it. I even did think about getting into a army, but it would be totally differente - like ending up cleaning some shit, or cooking.
Im just fated to live a shit life working with computers.
>>
>>25287114
I feel like the army today is completely different. We're not even at war right now so you will probably get stationed in some towelhead shithole and do nothing all day then return home just to realize you've been cucked by your wife. There is no honour and no purpose in it anymore.
>>
File: images (8).jpg (27 KB, 567x259) Image search: [Google]
images (8).jpg
27 KB, 567x259
>>25286756
>tfw ywn be a badass 1st liuet in the 101st airborne leading men into battle with confidence and charisma, doing foolhearty acts of courage such as relaying orders to I company through enemy lines, taking over command of Easy company, Becoming the governed of Spandau prison, going onto serve with special forces in Korea and Vietnam.

Why even live?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.