[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it socially acceptable to say I like anime to work colleagues?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: 1434224771074.jpg (219 KB, 640x1080) Image search: [Google]
1434224771074.jpg
219 KB, 640x1080
Is it socially acceptable to say I like anime to work colleagues?
>>
i think youll find your co-workers taste might be even worse than yours!
>>
Not unless you like Sword Art Online and Attack on Titan. Deep anime for the true nerds.
>>
Nah brah
>>
>>25286957
but I don't have any other hobbies and I'm bad at lying
>>
File: 1405900483384.jpg (643 KB, 1200x833) Image search: [Google]
1405900483384.jpg
643 KB, 1200x833
>>25286717
Depends.
The reaction of your coworkers is inextricably contingent upon the manner in which you convey your interest. Just like anything else, you must hide your powerlevel and explain your interest in a way that appeals to the most base normie sensibilities. I remember telling my coworkers about kill la kill last year. I told them it was about a mysterious girl who challenges the oppressive regime of her high school in order to avenge her father's death. That's it. That's all I said. A couple of weeks later, one of my female coworkers said she actually checked it out on crunchy-roll and it was the most insane thing she's ever seen.
>"Anon, what the fuck did I just watch? You never mentioned anything about superpowered women sword-fighting in lingerie"
>mfw she actually did a marathon and watched the whole damn season
Don't lose your way...........
>>
>>25287276
kek, it's a bit extreme talking about KLK to normies, they'll just think you're a pervert who likes watching school girls in skimpy outfits.

Which probably isn't far from the truth tbqh amirite.
>>
Just say you like watching "Japanese cartoons" and mention some normie shit if they ask what ones are good.
DO NOT mention haremshit or moeshit unless you want to be thought of as a pervert or pedophile, respectively.
t. anime senpai
>>
>>25287307
Well, yes I'm a pervert.
The point I was trying to make is that you have to be nonchalant and not give a fuck. Just act like it's totally natural. You'd be surprised at how many normies get interested in anime. Take KLK for example. It has a strong female protag who doesn't take shit and whoops ass. Women eat that shit up. The pervy stuff is excusable and amusing once you get invested in the story and setting.
>>
No. Consider a nome an esoteric artform. You don't want to reveal your powetlevel to the uninitiated
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.