[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Question for those that have been in a psych ward
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
File: 090714suicidecs01.jpg (132 KB, 1105x800) Image search: [Google]
090714suicidecs01.jpg
132 KB, 1105x800
Were you voluntarily committed or involuntarily committed?

I feel most robots that have been in a psych ward had voluntarily admitted themselves. I mean, I just don't see robots as being capable of committing or threatening to commit an act that would warrant involuntary commitment.

Main reason I'm asking is that my psychiatrist thinks I should try going inpatient for a few days, get a few rounds of ECT done, and then doing intensive outpatient care. He said the best way to do this would be to just walk into an emergency room and say that I'm going to kill myself.

Problem is, I can't really do voluntary commitment as I'd have to foot a lot of the cost even with my insurance. Involuntary commitment works out better financially, but time then becomes an issue as I can be "detained" for 2 weeks or more depending on a judge's evaluation of my mental stability.
>>
Why were you in
>>
File: 1398669228498.jpg (23 KB, 403x373) Image search: [Google]
1398669228498.jpg
23 KB, 403x373
The first time I was in my friend suggested it and brought me because she was worried about me. I think she was overreacting, but whatever I went. I met the coolest guy in there during my short stay and to this day he's the only man that I respect, and the reason I will never try cocaine, just because I promised him I wouldn't.
Second time I was high for three days, off my meds, and didn't sleep. I genuinely thought I was Ricky from trailer park boys so I went to the local convenience store and starting throwing shit around. Police were called and I was dragged to the psych ward. Still pretty fun this time, some cool guys to talk to. They gave me anxiety meds when I left, but everytime I took them they would give me a massive panic attack so I stopped after a few days.

Honestly OP I don't know how helpful these visits were for my mental health, but I met some cool people in there.

Also unfortunately pic is not true, they still can.
>>
>>25284949
You seriously fucking dont want to get in their clutches and get trapped in their system youll only be worse off.
>>
involuntary, suicide attempt

was there for about a week
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.