[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been wondering, if a whole lot of the stigma of being
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_n2rr2jLZ4u1qze85co1_540.jpg (64 KB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n2rr2jLZ4u1qze85co1_540.jpg
64 KB, 540x405
I've been wondering, if a whole lot of the stigma of being a 20+ year old virgin is feeling isolated from what "normal" people are able to get/ engage in and hence low self-esteem as a result... would losing virginity really rectify that? Would having sex say once, catapult your self-esteem into normal territory if virginity is what's holding you back?

Or at what point? At what point of sexual experience would you truly feel "normal" or "accomplished"?

I was 21 when I lost my virginity, but yet my self esteem seems to be no better off despite losing it.
>>
It probably wouldn't. It's like being bullied when you are young. Being tortured and taught not to trust people during your formative years will fuck you up and leave marks. Just like being too inferior to get what many people get easily. If you get born inferior you are in for some pain.
>>
>>25284144
is there a solution?
>>
>>25284273
Get born a Chad. There is nothing you can do. The people who get lucky and earn lots of money? That's one in a milion. That's your only other choice if you aren't a Chad.
>>
In my experience, it can be fixed.

1) Lose your virginity

2) Get your body in top condition; diet, exercise, religious sleeping habits (by this I mean going to bed at 9 or 10pm) 100% of the time all of the time. This will heal your mind and body.

3) Even if you're not a normalfag and have rough social skills, your now reliably good mood and healthiness will compensate somewhat and lead to you being treated better by members of the public as well as the opposite sex.

It's not a magic fix, but it will reliably improve your life if you stick to it and give it a chance.

I emphasize that you MUST be religious about it until it starts showing results. I made the mistake of getting complacent, and I slipped back into bad eating and sleeping habits as well as sedentary behaviour.

I get the feeling that people who have experienced social problems at a young age will always be more fragile than other people.

Be selfish, and manage your health and mood very carefully. This means cutting out negative stimuli (possibly including this board, and places like /pol/) and influences, drugs alcohol etc.

You need to be 100% about keeping your hormone levels normal.
>>
>>25284273
Yes, there is a solution, but it takes some time.
>>
>>25284123

I just stopped caring about myself and focused on doing good things for others (regardless of my personal health). I ain't kidding when i say i don't give a fuck about myself, i nearly got wiped out by a truck when my front tyres started skimming the road on a sharp corner (making me cross the center lines a bit) and all i could think of was "meh, that was close". My heart didn't beat a fraction faster, and i'm not even depressed.

Not exactly a healthy lifestyle, giving up your ego, but i've removed nearly every emotion other than happiness and it feels great! Although when someone's hoping for empathy from me, it generally gets awkward (for them, not me, I can't feel awkward)
>>
>>25285190
Thanks anon.

Here's the thing, I sort of did turn my life around when I was 21... little by little killed off the parts of me I didn't like. I got some social skills, have always been active but this time I paid attention to eating right too, so my body is in good condition. I got a degree, and now a career.

Today I turned 27. Since losing my virginity at 21 (to a complete babe, she was my friend at the time, it all went south eventually as she was cheating on her bf (a chad) with me and he found out), I've slept with a total of 10 women. In that mix I've had 3 serious relationships, and a lot of those girls have been absolutely stunning.

Yet here's the thing... I still feel like complete trash... like the same unlovable loser I felt like when I was a kissless 21 year old virgin.

I'm not playing devil's advocate here for the sake of it, because what you've posted is good advice. I just though way back then that if I just lost my virginity, my self esteem and self worth would be fixed, but it's no better. Is 10 women not enough? Would I feel better if it was 20 women? I don't know anymore.
What do?
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.