[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I stop having bad thoughts? Every thought I have is s
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1451148746760.gif (114 KB, 375x443) Image search: [Google]
1451148746760.gif
114 KB, 375x443
How do I stop having bad thoughts? Every thought I have is something negative and ultimately leading me down into an abyss. How do I have pleasant thoughts that ultimately won't drive me to suicide? Right now I'm at a new low and don't want to deal with these thoughts. I put on headphones and this to try and at least stop all thoughts.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AguPH0XBxdw
Help me.
>>
>>25283694

I'd stop posting anime. It discourages people from liking and/or wanting to stop your suicide.
>>
>>25283710
>pic unrelated then
>>
>>25283730
Also, get a hobby.
>>
>>25283749
How do I pick up a hobby? Every time I do anything, I just all of a sudden stop and think "why am I doing this?" I can't do a single thing for very long and my energy is very impulsive.
>>
Change your context, internally and externally
Read good books, immerse yourself in environments that breed the brand of thought you want. Get away from people and things that cause you to have the bad thoughts.
You can't expect to just have good thoughts appear out of thin air when they're not based on anything
You have to either create what they'll be based on or find where that basis already exists within reality
>>
>>25283850
I do try to surround myself with good stuff (happy music, bright colors, happy tv shows / movies), but I always seem to get these bad thoughts of suicide, nothing is going to work out, etc. I just always end up with the same shit regardless of what I do.
>>
>>25283951
Hm
Do you recognize those happy things as being inherently false, or does it actually work for you?

Maybe you need to remove some of the sources of your bad thoughts? You don't have to share them ofc ofc, but ask yourself what the bad thoughts are and really consider why they're there. You probably shouldn't act on them, at this point, cause they're not very rational, but perhaps you can listen to them and find a rational solution to them?

To clarify, my advice is not to do things that are "supposed" to make you happy, my advice is to find out what REALLY makes you have positive thoughts, and go to where that is.
If you even can, that is. This reality is pretty shit that way.

Hope it works out m8 we all deserve better
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.