[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Name rate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (147 KB, 800x651) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147 KB, 800x651
Robots rate your name state its origin, language it came from, if mythological or biblical state it and what that person did, and meaning.
I'll start Jadon
Old Testement
Hebrew
Means he who shall judge, Jehovah has heard, and thankful.
In the Old Testament Jadon was some dude who built a wall.
>>
>>25283460
I always love keep that name anon your parents.have good taste.
>>
I'm a Slav, but none of my names, not even the last name, are really Slavic. While some of them denote personality traits I don't have and some connote faith I don't have.

Such is life when your family is literally uneducated peasants.
>>
The name Patrick is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Patrick is: Patrician, noble. Romans society was divided into plebeians: (commoners) and patricians: (aristocrats).
>>
>>25283491
I'm just happy I got the Russian form of the name and not the Ukrainian form.
>>
>>25283500
I'm pretty sure my ancestors just made up my surname. It means nothing and is retarded as fuck.
>>
>>25283531
That's pretty cool actually. When I need pseudonyms online, I just invent random unpronounceable words, like lltnx. With almost every word and name meaning something, meaninglessness is unique.

Can you paraphrase it (just change the sounds) so we can have the idea what it's like?
>>
>>25283382

Guillaume (=William in English)
Germanic name
Comes from Wilhelm
Means : "The Will to protect"
>>
>>25283549
I'll just say it outright, since you'll never find anyone with this surname unless you go to a specific area in California, Russia, or Ukraine.
It's Chipak.
>>
>>25283570
Oh shit. I hope you never learn of Deepak Chopra.
>>
Revan, my parents just wanted a unique name so they switched around the a and e in Raven, which is my Sisters name...
>>
File: me pondernig.jpg (40 KB, 543x549) Image search: [Google]
me pondernig.jpg
40 KB, 543x549
>>25283577
Why? Also, this bot is fucking retarded. You can't write short posts at all. FUUCCCCCKKKK
>>
Gerard, Germanic name
Means good with the spear kek
>>
>>25283554
Sounds like the name of a demon A plus
>>
My name comes from ye olde Norse and means Tors priest/warrior B)
>>
My name is Greek but it's also in the Bible. I usually just go with the Greek side.
>>
Last name is Marceau, it's bastardized French, (ancestorbro changed it from Marceaux when he came to Texas from Alsace-Lorraine, we think fleeing the authorities for some big crime he commited)

Far as I know, it means nothing. However, normies who can't into francophone pronunciation can't ever say it correctly without being told, so it occasionally gives me the opportunity to learn a little something more about people when I meet them.

Also, my first name is M., having double initials is pretty cool.
>>
>>25284791
MM so do people call you M&M
>>
>>25284892
Some people have, but my most common nickname has been "Marceau". I know it's a little cliche, but getting called by your last name only in a non-professional setting is oddly satisfying.
>>
Tova /to-va/ [2 sylls.] as a girls' name is of Old Norse and Hebrew origin, and the meaning of Tova is "beautiful Thor; good". As a Swedish name, this is a feminine form of Thor, the thunder god.
>>
Isaac. Laughter in Jewish. Failipino mustard race here.
>>
>>25283658
Okay tier

>>25283554
Great tier
>>
>jeremy
>hebrew. May jehovah exalt
>i don't even like jews
>>
>>25283382
Sviatoslav

old slavsquat name the means Holy Glory

Belonged to the dude who killed a shitton of people
>>
Taylor
and I'm a boy too
>>
hao is my jap last name

For first name i have my birth name which no one uses and then my white oppressor name.
>>
>>25283382
My name is rolph. Its German. I've never been to Germany but I can speak a bit. I think its a nice name and I've gotten used to it.
>>
>>25283382
Joseph
hebrew for God will add
7/10
>>
>>25283382
My name is Will and I don't fucking know any of that shit go fuck yourself
>>
>>25286435
Hebrew for God is actually either Yaweh or Elohim depending on the context
>>
Falk
German name, short form of "Falke", bearer supposedly possesses the attributes of a falcon. Pretty old, pretty traditional, sounds terrible when spoken aloud in English.
>>
>>25286440
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_%28given_name%29

Pretty good name, kinda generic though.
>>
Kees.
Old school Dutch name from the name Cornelius
If that isn't cool then I'm going to kill myself
>>
File: papa.jpg (27 KB, 719x717) Image search: [Google]
papa.jpg
27 KB, 719x717
>tfw your name means famous warrior
>>
>>25286574
Do you pronounce it Keys or Kee-us?
>>
>tfw my name is just a repurposed man's name
>tfw man jokes my entire life

Parents who give their children unique names are bad people. Girls should have feminine names and guys masculine names. There will NEVER be a President Skyler
>>
>>25286524
Is your surname Firebeard?
>>
Chase
Origin: English
Meaning: Hunter
#473 of all time in US
>>
File: 1429317229939.jpg (111 KB, 600x538) Image search: [Google]
1429317229939.jpg
111 KB, 600x538
Gabriel Alejandro
Gabriel for the angel and Alejandro for Alexander the Great

Now that I think about that it sounds pretentious as fuck
>>
>>25286634
There are many names that mean that. Mine does too. What's your name?
>>
>>25286647
Like "Case"
Dutch double "ee"s make an ayy sound
>>
>>25283382

Pedro.
Biblical
The name Pedro is derived via the Latin word "petra", from Greek, meaning "stone, rock"
The name Peter itself is a translation of the Aramaic Kephas or Cephas meaning "stone".
>>
Luke
New Testament
Hebrew
Means bringer of light

Never had any problems with it in life, kinda like it. Not so common that it's a shit name, but not so uncommon it looks like my parents tried way too hard.
>>
>>25286391
Pedo name senpai.
>>
In English the meaning of the name Mark is: Derived from Latin 'Marcus': Mars (Roman god of war). St. Mark was the author of the second Gospel.
>>
Alexander

Comes from the Greek word Aleksandros

Means defender of man

>having a jew name
>>
File: well done.gif (1 MB, 381x281) Image search: [Google]
well done.gif
1 MB, 381x281
The name Robert is a Germanic given name, from Old High German Hrodebert "bright with glory" (a compound of hruod "fame, glory" and berht "bright"). It is also in use as a surname

Stole that from Wikipedia
>>
Alfred
Anglo-Saxons
Old English
Translates to "Elf council", I think it's supposed to mean a wise person or a sage.

I like my name.
>>
Vinicius
Comes from latin
Its related to Baco and the god`s wine
The most famous person named Vinicius apparently is a Brazilian poet
It means "wine","wine producer" or "bacant"
>>
>>25287617
Vini?
Uh.......
Do you work as a barback in downtown Miami?
>>
>>25287769
>barback
Is that what they call bouncers in the failed state of Florida?
>>
My name is Raj, which is Sanskrit for DESIGNATED
>>
>>25287769
Not at all friend, im italian.
>>
>>25287810
Oh, I guess not.
I thought Vinicius was a rare name.
Also, a barback is the assistant of the bartender.
>>
Thomas, which is Aramaic (a middle eastern kind of Hebrew) for Twin.
>>
File: Guido_Reni_031.jpg (313 KB, 1576x2358) Image search: [Google]
Guido_Reni_031.jpg
313 KB, 1576x2358
Michel-Ange
Take a wild guess.
>>
Anthony

>is a masculine given name, derived from Antonius, a gens (Roman family name) to which Mark Antony (Marcus Antonius) belonged. That name seems to have come originally from the Etruscan language, although nothing further is known about this derivation. There was an ancient tradition that the Antonii gens were Heracleidae, being descendants of Anton, a son of Heracles. (Plut. Ant. 4)

TRVE ROMAN NAME
>>
>>25287132
Fuck yourself friend. My name is great
>>
>>25286819
7/10

>>25287427
>defender of man
Glorious

>>25287436
Pompous

>>25287528
Are you a butler?

>>25287617
Fantasy-setting/10
>>
>>25288270
What do you mean by fantasy-setting?
>>
>>25288270
Sure is reddit in here.

blawks for the blawks god
>>
Michael. My parents said they used it because it's the name of an angel in the Bible. It means "who is like the Lord?" It appears that in Revelations, Michael kills a dragon that represents Satan.
>>
>>25288383
Just trying to get some rating going instead of just posting my own name and not looking at others.
>>
File: WALLLLT.jpg (25 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
WALLLLT.jpg
25 KB, 400x400
>>25288402
>Michael

WALT
WALLLLLLLT
>>
Dragomir
It's an old Slavic/Croatian name.
It roughly translates to kind and peace or something like that. It really has no special meaning, it's just a Slavic name like Tihomir, Vladimir, Zvonimir, Branimir etc.
>>
>>25283382
>Robots rate your name state its origin, language it came from, if mythological or biblical state it and what that person did, and meaning.

Einar
Norse
It has two meanings - "Ein" + "arr" meaning lone warrior, but originally a contraction of "Einheri" which is one of the warriors of Odin in Valhall.
>>
>>25283602
>Revan, my parents just wanted a unique name so they switched around the a and e in Raven, which is my Sisters name...

That's the name of a Sith Lord in Star Wars - Darth Revan.
>>
>>25288879
Your names sounds like the name of a sword in some book 7/10
>>
Abel
It's the Bible guy, I'm sure it means something but I don't know
>>
>>25289050
>Abel

Why on Earth would your parents give you the name of a wimpy little faggot like Abel? Got pwned by Cain.
>>
>>25288879
>tfw my parents could also name me Dragomir
>instead my name is Marin
Jebiga
>>
>>25289139
>Marin

Sounds like a chick's name.
>>
>>25283382
Jeremiah
Author of the book of Lamentations in the Old Testament
Hebrew
means - 'May Jehovah exalt'/ 'Exalted of the Lord'
7th century prophet
I'm the 3rd in my family
>>
Noah.
Bible.
You all know what Noah did.
The meaning is "relief" which only makes sense in the context of the bible.
>>
>>25289241
Kek, you've got to be American . . .
>>
>>25289241
4/10 desu senpai
Fucka u robot why not take down the normies instead of pissing me off
>>
>>25289248
Meh that name is so common I know Noah's who hate their name 5/10
>>
>>25289251
na man, irish
>>
>>25289300
Thats partly my point. Though apparently it got popular after I was born, and it's rare enough in media that I get annoyed when I hear a character with the name. I still couldn't care less.
>>
>>25283382
Elisa, because my dad decided that calling me Elsa would be too gay
>>
>>25283382
John
Baptized jesus and began his ministry
Wrote 2 of the 4 gospels
Wrote revelation
Gg faggots
>>
My name is Erik.
It's old norse and is a combination of alone or eternal and ruler or king.
>>
My name is Ing.
I think it sound pretty weird;anyway:

From Germanic Ingwaz, possibly meaning "ancestor". This was the name of an obscure old Germanic fertility god who was considered the ancestor of the tribe the Ingaevones. It is possible he was an earlier incarnation of the god Freyr.
>>
>>25287956
Lewd angel nipples/10
>>
>>25285015
Sounds like "tower" with jap accent
>>
My name is Jasmin, which was given as an English variant of Yasmin. Originally persian overall. It also means flower.

>tfw sisters names mean queen and the moon and you were named flower
>>
Kirk
Old English/Scottish name
Scandinavian and Norse origin
means church
>>
>>25290317
The O is pronounced differently in Swedish so not really.
>>
>Maxwell
>This name was first recorded in 1144, as Mackeswell, meaning "Mack's spring (or stream)"
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.