[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it a good idea to learn a language to get a job? Since I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 1439908655151.png (881 KB, 955x1255) Image search: [Google]
1439908655151.png
881 KB, 955x1255
Is it a good idea to learn a language to get a job?
Since I'm a ween I'm considering seriously learning japanese, not just for games and anime but for a living.

What do you guys think?
>>
I think you're retarded if you expect to get a job from learning Japanese. Your best bet would be to teach English in Japan and learn the language for convenience.
>>
File: pointless questions.jpg (63 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
pointless questions.jpg
63 KB, 1280x720
>>25282329
If you plan to actually spend a significant amount of time in Nippon, or working with people from there, yeah I guess it's a good plan. Have fun with kanji.
>>
>Is it a good idea to learn a language to get a job?
Short answer: it is if that language is English.
>>
>>25282360
>>25282799

Really? But nowadays everybody speaks english.
>>
>>25282962
>Really? But nowadays everybody speaks english.

Not in Japan - very few Japanese speak English.
>>
>>25282962
No they don't. That's why teaching English in non-English-speaking countries is becoming more and more popular as a career choice.
>>
>>25282360
How are you supposed to teach English to Japanese people without knowing Japanese?
>>
>>25282962
Have you ever gone outside of an English speaking country?

lol
>>
I'm an architectural drafts man, and learned japanese as a hobby. It got me a job as background designer assistant for a comic book artist last year. I lasted for 4 months. It pays like shit. and they use shitty google sketch up
>>
File: fujoshit.png (321 KB, 541x520) Image search: [Google]
fujoshit.png
321 KB, 541x520
>>25283569
yeah i went to spain and cucked all the employees in restaurants who pretended they didn't understand me
>>
>>25282329
As a polyglot, employers have only been interested in my Mandarin and Arabic skills, and even then it was more of a passing interest.

If you want to move to Japan, learn Japanese. Otherwise, you won't get much practical use out of it.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.