[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i tried to come up with a thread about hating secret agendas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4
File: 1407990500197.jpg (44 KB, 429x249) Image search: [Google]
1407990500197.jpg
44 KB, 429x249
i tried to come up with a thread about hating secret agendas but i'm too drunk and stoned. i hate everything and everyone, every board on this dumb website has a pre-conceived agenda the prevents honest discussion, every person i've met is the same why? why are your stupid fucking feelings preventing you from having an honest discussion, and more importantly making it more difficult for me to learn? i have to go to 5 websites to disseminate the information and form my own objective opinion. am i just lazy? i don't feel like it should be that way. i can accept that people have reached different conclusions than me on a subject. thats understandable, and i've changed my opinion on many things based on conversations with others. but it's painfully obvious when someone has an agenda they're trying to push and they're not being objective in their arguments. it bleeds through in their words, in the language they use. oh wow this was longer than i though please just let it sink to the last page and drown like the rest of my life
>>
>>25280305
>am i just lazy
Yes. Everyone everywhere has an agenda. Believing otherwise is, frankly, infantile. The only people in anyone's life who never had an agenda were their mom and dad. Everyone else wants to sell you something.

Literally everyone.
>>
>>25280341
i have and don't want to sell anything. how is it that every single person is just a parrot for some corporation?
>>
>>25280394
i meant that i don't have anything to sell. my dramatic speech got in the way.
>>
>>25280341
also, why is it infantile to want a better world?
>>
>>25280394
It's called self interest. Your lack of experience gives you a lack of bias. It has nothing to do with corporations, it has to do with groups of people all having similar interests.

There is no objective truth. You have to establish your own reality, no one will do it for you, and to expect anyone to do so is, again, infantile.
>>
>>25280305
>but it's painfully obvious when someone has an agenda they're trying to push and they're not being objective in their arguments

Oh GOD those feels every fucking day. This is what people mean when they say we live in the fucking matrix.
>>
>>25280458
>You have to establish your own reality

Why does OP have to? So it's easier for you to fill in the gaps and cope and he, not you, is a pooped-pants baby?

There is no objective truth, that doesn't mean the human mind can provide an adequate replacement.
>>
>>25280458
but there are objective truths, or rather, there are ways to convey thoughts that aren't obviously tied to an agenda.
>>
>>25280526
He doesn't. He could tune into one outlet all day, every day and get his bias from them. Gawker, Fox, etc.

>>25280531
This isn't true. Everyone has an agenda. Every philosopher who ever existed was out to prove something.
>>
>>25280570
then what's my agenda? do i have one that i'm simply not aware of? can total objective truth itself be an agenda?
>>
>>25280570
Either way it's trading one distraction from his own mortality for another.
>>
>>25280612
to be sure i'm acutely aware of my own mortality. it weighs heavily on my mind.
>>
>>25280606
>what's my agenda
>can total objective truth be an agenda
Yes, many people spend their lives in pursuits of absolute truths. Unfortunately they really don't exist in any field. Even in hard science all you can do is form a hypothesis, test it, and replicate it enough times to make people generally accept it's accurate.
>>
>>25280649
At least you think about it instead of shitposting on "we're all gonna make it brobro" levels.
>>
>>25280690
i'm unfortunately becoming all to familiar with this behavior. entering graduate school was a bit like dorothy peeking behind the curtain.
>>
>>25280434
Because you're supposed to grow up and the world is supposed to be awful when you do
This is the narrative most people follow so they want you to follow it too
Many people cannot be shaken when it comes to their belief in absolute decay
AGENDAS MY MAN
NOTHING YOU WANT WILL COME TRUE, SO YOU HAVE TO PRETEND THAT WHAT YOU WANT ALREADY IS TRUE LIKE A CRAZY PERSON
>>
>>25280458
>Your lack of experience gives you a lack of bias.

>No one stuck their boot out for you to lick yet. Why don't you leave mom's basement and b urself
>>
>>25280690
*too

correcting a grammar mistake is not original so here you go blah blah fuck my butt
>>
>>25280711
don't knock the power of positivity. there a balance between thinking positively and being delusional, but there is something to be said about enacting meaningful change in your life by getting right in your mind
>>
>>25280786
>implying i think op should pick someone else's bias to adopt
>implying adopting someone's bias means being urself XD
>implying I ever leave my mom's basement

>>25280734
If you expect everyone to have a bias from the start it becomes much easier to identify it. Once you understand the bias you're confronted with, it's easier to look past whatever they're pushing and get something more out of the facts.

It's not "just grow up xD" or "jus b urself XDDD." We just have to expect everyone to be looking out for themselves and their interests, biases, and agendas before anything else.
>>
>>25280886
it's not a problem of identifying. i'm not some gullible weeb that gets taken advantage of. i'm just drunk and wish we could all hold hands and play hackey sack together.
>>
>>25280966
such a lovely vision only happens when celebrating blind patriotism or christmas anon

i'm off to get stoned and possibly drink more. fun thread anon, hope you have a good one.
>>
>>25280305
Because people are often more interested in what they want the world to be than what it is
And, in many cases, what they want CAN become what it is with enough effort. So there you go.
>>
>>25280998
be safe and take care ^_^
>>
>>25280856
Then say it.
>>
>>25281232
say what? getting right by myself doesn't affect the behavior of those around me.
>>
File: 1437496501358.jpg (32 KB, 297x331) Image search: [Google]
1437496501358.jpg
32 KB, 297x331
>>25281302
No I guess not. But there's still nothing to say about it.
>>
>>25281380
if "it" exists, by definition, then there is always something to say about "it"

what are we talking about again?
>>
>>25281414
You know what. No.

If I have nothing to say about something, I don't tell people the opposite. Was getting caught part of your plan?
>>
>>25280305
I'm so sick of people thinking they're enlightened philosophers because they're drunk or high

Some people have different opinions to you and believe things you don't. Does it really matter if you argue with someone with an Agenda? Everyone has an agenda. Their agenda is irrelevant because the truth is in the evidence, it may be annoying to have people spamming the same shit all the time but it's not going to make it any more true
>>
>>25281450
dude, i legitimately don't know what you're trying to say.
>>
>>25281577
>there is something to be said about enacting meaningful change in your life by getting right in your mind

What is the thing
>>
>>25281483
please highlight the part where i suggested in any way that i was an "enlightened philosopher."

actually you're sort of right, except that i always feel like this. i'm just not courageous enough to make a thread until im drunk or high.

also the agenda IS relevant because as i stated i now have to knowingly sift through tons of data because i cannot trust what anyone tells me. whereas if you ask ME something i will tell you honestly what i know based on what information i have.
>>
>>25280305
For the last time, Mbti is bad
>>
>>25281662
>courageous
>>
>>25281597
if you're talking about the "thing" attached to the end of "some" then that thing is there is some degree of correlation between being optimistic and objectively good things happening to you. even if the most positive thing is that nothing bad happens, it's still a sum zero game and it COULD POTENTIALLY be better so why not? maybe, does that make sense or no?
>>
>>25281714
i'm a sensitive person, amigo
>>
>>25281671
i don't know what 'mbti' is and i'm also not going to look it up
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 779x751) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 779x751
>>25281731
Sorry fwiend
>>
>>25281756
Unironically*
>>
File: ZjmiBVe.jpg (96 KB, 640x514) Image search: [Google]
ZjmiBVe.jpg
96 KB, 640x514
>>25281860
(i know)

because i'm not allowed to just agree with you i have to type this whole other segment. is this enough? or this? i don't know. where will it end? it could end here, possibly. but who's to say. because there is a limit on discourse, and i'm not allowed to simply acknowledge that i have read and understood what was presented before me. butt butt farts buttt doodly fart
>>
>>25280305
This picture looks more and more welcoming everyday anon. Yet I'm still happy.
>>
>>25280305
guilty. it makes me feel better to push my agenda, as if i think i'll change the way people do things someday -- for the better. maybe there will be another person in the world pushing the same thing and we could 69 like we were meant to
>>
>>25280305
OP why do you have an agenda against agendas?
>>
>>25281662
>i'm just not courageous enough to make a thread until im drunk or high.
people like you need to realize, by behaving like this youre censoring yourself and letting the more vocal people on this board to make their own shitty threads. i dont wanna hear from the people who are normally vocal enough to make threads. its not as thoughtful as a thread like this
>>
>>25282139
because an agenda raped my mother and killed my father
>>
>>25282214
this board got too focused on shitty weird life forever alone weeb virgins. you can be one, none, or all of those things and still feel disconnected from mainstream life. i thought that would be the common bond.

i'll make a sober thread within a week, because you give me strength, anon
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.