[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Last Powerball jackpot this year >"$300 MILLION"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: 300million.png (288 KB, 682x492) Image search: [Google]
300million.png
288 KB, 682x492
>Last Powerball jackpot this year
>"$300 MILLION"

JUST
>>
>>25280074
What would you have done had you won op?
I'd just buy 3ds games and take up drinking and live in a small /comfy/ shack in the woods honestly.
>>
>>25280145
Not OP , But I would get a house on the water in my home town, have my family live there, buy them whatever car they wanted and stuff to fill the house. I would buy myself a new Lambo, and BMW, and a Pickup Truck. I'd get a high-rise apartment in NYC and just live the rest of my life with no worries.
>>
>>25280227
Seems pretty comfy, though I'd assume the moment you begin spending on others/flaunting the money via large purchases you can expect a lot of 'distant family' to appear and begin asking for shit. Assuming your family doesn't brag about you buying them shit though I guess it'd work out.
>>
File: 1414551529929.jpg (202 KB, 999x668) Image search: [Google]
1414551529929.jpg
202 KB, 999x668
>>25280145
1. Devise diversified long term savings/investment plan and use some of the difference between tax withholding and total liability for tax deferred donations.

2. Go get an apartment or condo soon so I can stop living in my parents' dining room. Get drivers' license, passport, insurance, and whatever else of the sort I'll need. Can always buy a house later if I want.

3. Do lots of traveling here and there, since I've done next to none before, and eventually want to migrate to warm places during the winter. Continue to enjoy going for long walks, and also leisure time on the computer and watching TV

4. Splurge on luxurious experiences, but not possessions. Owning things doesn't improve quality of life or happiness, but flying first class for long flights, staying at the best hotels, eating the best food, etc. does make things more enjoyable. Being minimalist does not mean having only a bed and computer in your room, but limiting your possessions to quality items that you actually have use for.

5. Learn many skills and develop talents, out of personal interest and enjoyment. Maybe an instrument, foreign language, horticulture, kayaking/rafting, etc. Things you couldn't make a living off of, require lots of free money and time to learn, but may be useful for survival in a post-monetary society.

6. Learn survival skills and how to live off the land. Buy pristine private island with habitable mountains, hire environmental engineers to develop techniques for sustainable food and fresh water production, etc.

Last one is possibly a possibility only if I win something like this $300 million
>>
Total money spent on lottery draws saturday: $27
Total money won on Saturday: $2
>>
>>25280074
Well shit, I guess I'll play again before Wednesday.
>>
>>25281052
How many ticket entries? They're $2 each unlike most other lottery draw games which are only a dollar each.

I usually specify entries, because you could have 1 or 50 on the same piece of paper.
>>
What is the obsession normies have with winning the lotto?

You are literally more likely to die than to win, why don't you just gamble on risky stocks? You might not become a millionaire but you'll have a far greater chance of turning $5k into $20k
>>
>>25282126
For two dollars I can buy a sliver of hope to look forward to at the end of the day. I know I'll lose but that's not the real point.
>>
>>25282126
>>25282174
This, I play to hope, fantasize about what I'd do, etc. Escapism for about $2 but with the insanely unlikely but still possible chance of those fantasies becoming a reality.
>>
>>25282174
>>25282252
I've bought less than 10 scratch offs in my life (24 y/o, no tickets more than $5), and bought 10 entries into powerball (so $20). The scratch offs had zero reward to them, but I must admit, buy powerball tickets had me somewhat high for the next two days. I would lay in bed at night, falling asleep dreaming about how much different my situation would be if I won the $500m or whatever ridiculous number it was up to 1-2 years ago. 2 people won it, so they had to split it, but yeah, the point of my pointless post is that I totally get why people get addicted to lotto even though I don't find it appealing myself.
>>
>>25282318
Yeah, Scratchoffs don't really give the same hope that the lotto does, probably because the results are insant. Like you're not waiting for a few days to scratch some $1 ticket. but the 1-2 days for the lotto like you said, give time to fantasize and be hopeful.
>Tfw used to go on ebay/amazon and just browse all the cool shit I'd buy had I won.
>>
>>25282354
Amazon/ebay wasn't it for me. I dreamed of hiding it as long as possible, abandoning my mom and faggot stepdad, and moving to the other side of the country. She could come with if she divorced him, however. My plans were kinda vengeful.
>>
>>25282402
Eh, I can understand it, I mainly just looked at old Sideshow Jason figures/freddy figures, along with lego sets because fuck the cost. To be fair, you could probably have bought an RV on ebay and ridden across the country. They apparently sell cars.
>>
>>25282436
That takes too much time, maaan. If you live on the West Coast, USA, you're already close to all the cool nature shit and cities anyway, besides new york if that's your thing I guess.
>>
>>25282455
True, Not a fan of NY myself, I'd have went for alaska but given I'm southeastern I would've went train then boat. But if you were fleeing to the west to avoid your mum/step dad, a long road trip would've given you time to decide where to go with all your lotto winnings.
>>
>>25282485
I've already decided. Moving to Portland within months, but I'll only have around $8000 instead of $80+ million.
>>
>>25282675
Hopefully things work out well for you anon, If you end up train hopping, don't. it's pretty risky, if you get in and the doors shut and get stuck you freeze, get caught possibly go to jail, all sorts of stuff. Greyhound would be cheap travel. Probably apply for a job before moving too bro, Or get neetbux.
>>
I used to work for a company that sells lottery tickets online

If you really want to get rich, that's what you should do. On a good day (the day of the draw on a large jackpot) we'd pull in half a million dollars in sales.
>>
>>25281570
Typically five max. That's it.
>>
Buy stocks in whatever looks decent from my shoddy research. Buy a decent car, buy a house and rent rooms to randos, have parties and never allow chads or Stacies or femanon whores to attend, get a big German shepherd from the shelter and make it my best friend , go take classes at the local college for fun even though I already have a degree, never set my alarm clock ever again, get as much delivery food as I want, probably have a Butler too, spend holidays in cities I've never been to. Die alone on top of my millions.
>>
>>25280074

saving bread
>>
File: Samurai-flamenco-1.jpg (165 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Samurai-flamenco-1.jpg
165 KB, 1600x900
I just bought 5 tickets, I'm winning that mother fucker.

I need to move the fuck out of my house with all these NORMIES REEEEEEE
>>
I would pay off the loan I have on my car and then buy myself a new Ford F250. I would buy my parents a house and give them a few million dollars to pay for electricity and water and stuff like that for the next few years in the new house. I'd buy myself a PlayStation 4 and get Rock Band 4, Madden 16, and Grand Theft Auto 5. I'd buy a house in each Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Kentucky, Alabama, Montana, Texas, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, Wyoming, and my home state of New Jersey. I have 13 people (4 friends and 9 people who I see a lot but don't consider myself to be close with them) that I'd give $1 million to, and one close friend along with my 6 siblings who I'd give $2 million to. I would quit the landscaping job that I do and travel across the country and visit every state, except for Hawaii because it has the highest concentration of gays and I don't like gays. I would research stocks and invest $20 million after I complete my research. I'd join a gym and get /fit/ to compliment my newfound wealth and confidence. I would buy nice clothes and try and to meet a qt and not disclose that I am a multi-millionaire until after we have sex for the first time. I would save maybe $5 million in my checking account to use for whenever and put the rest into my savings account. I'd get a part time job in whatever state I want to live in just to keep myself from getting bored and hopefully settle down with a qt somewhere. Life would be grand.
>>
>>25287771
Terrible idea, except buying a house in PA, go to Lancaster it's fucking beautiful and peaceful as fuck.

Everything else seems like you're trying to hard to be loved.
>>
>>25280227
That's the behavior the previous jack pot winners had and went broke, you need to try to get the jack pot to keep you anonymous, you need to go to a bank see what's the best way you can make your money grow from interest, you need a strict budget so you don't blow it all in a couple years
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (124 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
124 KB, 1920x1080
>>25287948
>blowing 5000 years of money in a couple years
>>
Reminder that if you're poor you will stay poor if you win the lottery - a majority of the people who win blow the money in about a decade.

The first, and I mean FIRST thing you should do if you win the lottery is this: hire a lawyer. Hire a really good one, and keep him on retainer. Then you hire an accountant, a really good accountant, and you tell him never to give you more than 100,000 every month. If that's not enough money for you to live on then I don't know what the fuck you're doing with your life.

From there, live as according to your means. Buy that Lambo, buy that house, but never, ever, ever go above 100,000 a month.
>>
>>25287898

If I have $300 million or whatever it comes out to be after the taxes like $130 million, I can afford to give my family and friends a few million dollars.
>>
>>25287975
Kek, it happens all the fucking time. People who live in poverty who suddenly cone into wealth don't know what to do with themselves.

So they splurge and buy all the nice things they've always wanted, next thing they know *poof* poverty stricken once more.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.