[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw just finished Oldboy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1446426477711.jpg (29 KB, 176x242) Image search: [Google]
1446426477711.jpg
29 KB, 176x242
>mfw just finished Oldboy
>>
Old boy got so hyped up to me over the years. I watched it recently but it was kind of disappointing.

Like it was less intensely violent than other movies, the ending didn't really make sense. Idk. incest doesn't rly bother me that much.

I mean I enjoyed it, but the way people talk about it I thought it would be like the greatest movie ever.
>>
>>25280077
well if you hype anything for years then its bound to be a let down

i thought the ending was good, i mean what worse thing could you possibly do to a man?
>>
It's a great movie. I swore I would not rewatch it ahen i first saw it because it was too intense, but then i felt compelled to rewatch it 2 days later.
>>
>>25280077
the fight scenes were shit tho desu, bad acting
>>
>>25280077
did you watch the korean one or the shit spike lee one?
>>
>>25280316
Obviously the Korean one.

I read a bit up on the spike lee one and now I kind of want to watch it actually but idk if I'll get around to it.
>>
>>25280316
anyone who watched the Spike Lee version only
should kill themselves.
>>
>>25280369
get drunk first, thats my advice. Its not terrible but its not that great of an adaptation
.>>25280373
I agree
>>
>>25280119
Idk it just seemed like with therapy or other hypnosis they could of gotten past it. Like it wasn't the end of the world, probably not worse than locking him up for so many years

I mean yeah it was bad but he acted like it totally ruined his whole world. Idk.

Sorry I feel like I'm misrepresenting my own feelings. I really enjoyed the movie but it got so hyped up I was a little disappointed in the end. But it was well done I though.
>>
It was actually a plot twist that surprised me for the first time in years.
>>
File: oldboy-happy-ending1.png (644 KB, 876x372) Image search: [Google]
oldboy-happy-ending1.png
644 KB, 876x372
This ending was great,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyaRfvTFyYc
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.