[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /tulpa/ here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6
File: image.png (307 KB, 1280x768) Image search: [Google]
image.png
307 KB, 1280x768
Who /tulpa/ here?

>a friend who actually gets you
>is always around but doesn't annoy you
>can tell you about your inner subconscious thoughts
>can help you read other people because your subconscious can
>you'll never be bored
>>
>>25278993
what the fuck is a tulpa

is it just an imaginary friend?
>>
>>25278993
I've always wanted a tulpa but my life is simply too busy to make one. Also I frequently get intrusive thoughts. Do you think these intrusive thoughts would affect the tulpa in any way?
>>
>>25278993
Been working on one, been neglecting her though since I'm working 80 hour weeks
>>
>>25279023
>is it just an imaginary friend?

"Creating a tulpa" is basically giving yourself a mental illness.
>>
>>25279155
No it's not, fuckboy.
>>
>>25279023
Kinda, but you train yourself to see them, and become semi-autonomous.
>>
>>25278993
is it true that you can actualllyyy fugg a tulpa
>>
Is it possible to have your tulpa give you a hand job or a blowjob?
Not forcing them of course, but if things came to that, would it work?
>>
>>25279023
It gives you [STAND] powers
>>
All the interesting stuff comes from outside your own mind. Doing things like this is pointless and masturbatory. I used to do stuff like this when I was younger (and it persisted for an embarrassingly long time, into my mid 20s), but I gave it up and I recommend you do the same.
>>
>>25280137
>>25280168

There was one guy who tried and said it didn't feel like much, but it's possible. I guess it depends on your mind.

I probably wouldn't personally recommend it.
>>
>>25278993
>tfw satan is your tulpa
>tfw scared he's not actually a tulpa
I have a tulpa bf as well but he's not as well developed

I have to remember that they're all just me.
>>
>>25280137
>>25280168
Yes
Your brain for whatever reason will actually emulate the sensations of fucking/being fucked just like with any other hallucination
It's not perfect, but you definitely get the tingles
>>
>>25279023
They can help you with mental tasks I hear. I tried to make one but lack willpower. They can even touch you.
>>
>tfw no qt 2d tulpa gf
>>
>>25281640
Oh and I also have these aliens that perform experiments on me, or, on the other side, try to break me free from this world when I trip
I also have specific people who pop up in my dreams a lot (captain janeway being the most notable one), so they're kind of tulpas too

My dreamworld used to be so elaborate and crazy and whimsical but now it's either boring mundane shit or this demonic crap. Fuck da world for changing my internal microcosm.
>>
File: b6JXCaj.png (261 KB, 714x623) Image search: [Google]
b6JXCaj.png
261 KB, 714x623
>/mlp/ memes
>>
>>25281742
Anchient Tibet Buddhists invented the technique actually.
>>
how do i do it
please help oh god i am lonely
>>
>>25281685
Janeway is your spirit guide. A-koo-chee-moya!
>>
>>25279299
>No it's not, fuckboy.

Yes, it is. You're basically giving yourself schizophrenia.
>>
>>25281874
There are guides. You basically imagine the thing, until it becomes real, and the harder you try to give it a new mind other than your own, the more real it will be. Same thing with touching it.
>>
>>25281948
>You're basically giving yourself schizophrenia.
You can't give yourself schizophrenia. The way tulpas are generally reported to act is inconsistent with the voices associated with schizophrenia.

Tulpa is something else, but it definitely is not healthy.
>>
>>25281874
It takes hours of meditation basically, and on a daily basis. Evcer seen Cast Away?
>>
File: 1408134256290.jpg (26 KB, 310x451) Image search: [Google]
1408134256290.jpg
26 KB, 310x451
>>25281655

>that feel when you jizz in your pants while in deep sleep

Fuck.
>>
>>25281922
Literally though
Probably the most benevolent and helpful character my mind has conjured up so far
Feels gr8 m8
>>
I want to try make a tulpa to see if I can make it help when learning new things and to see if I can use to with lucid dreaming, but I'm too lazy.

How do I motivate myself?
>>
>>25282075
That's why you make a tulpa, so you can imagine that you're not cumming into nothing.
>>
>>25281805
You're a mook.
>>
>>25282096

Still wish I didn't, getting my pants all dirty while I'm all comfy and shit totally ruins it for me.
>>
>>25282090
They call them wonderlands, when you are making a tulpa. You're NOT supposed to fall asleep. Or maybe you could after it is made, but still a bad idea. It'd be just as powerful as you and not all people can wake back up from those.
>>
>>25282123

Wait, I was under the impression that the whole tulpa thing only works when you're asleep.
>>
>>25281685
I also have a tulpa of my gw2 character, too
Forgot about that one
That's one of my least favorite ones, though, because it's a lot more of a self-insert
>>
>>25282123
>You're NOT supposed to fall asleep
>It'd be just as powerful as you and not all people can wake back up from those

This is the meme RP garbage I don't care for. When I looked into it a while ago, people were claiming that falling asleep will have literally no affect unless you believe it will. It's like lucid dreaming in that what you believe will/should happen will actually happen.

I also meant using a tulpa to help with lucid dreaming after I've created it.
>>
>>25282153
No they'll operate while you're awake
But building tulpas requires a certain level of lucid dissociation from reality that's easiest to achieve with between sleep and waking states or meditation
Otherwise physical stimuli will drown out whatever it is you're trying to create

They sort of become autonomous programs that run inside your brain, if you will
>>
>>25282153
Nope. It's for being awake.
>>25282168
The my little pony guy thought the same thing, not that the story is true.
>>
>>25278993
My tulpa is dj khaled
>>
Are there any academic papers or anything reputable on the existence of tulpas? I want to believe but this seems fake as fuck
>>
>>25282276
There are online communities and everyone says they're real there. And wikipedia tells you about it. I'd start with wikipeida.
>>
File: khaled.jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
khaled.jpg
17 KB, 480x360
>>25282272

original the comment go away
>>
>>25282276
The basic theory behind it is that everything you understand actually is a thoughtform- your brain's interpretation of what actually exists (which is why it's difficult see things as they "truly are", because in order to do so your thoughtform of that thing would have to match the real thing).

When you think of someone in your head, you're not actually thinking of them, your thinking of what your brain has compiled about them and then turned into a percievable, but somewhat illusory, composite.

Tulpa-making relies on changing the source material for your thoughtforms. Instead of external reality, your brain literally just makes them up. But it isn't just creating a cluster of certain characteristics or whatever, you have to fool yourself into believing this is a real person and create the exact same kind of composite that you would IF they were real. Then, depending on what that composite is, it might be able to talk to you or not or what have you. There's a lot of variance imo, but the basic point is that you stop building the framework of your internal world directly from the external, instead it becomes somewhat self-referential as your internal world (or "you") feeds into itself, instead.
>>
>>25282388
That's a big wall of text that doesn't answer his question.
>>
>>25282432
Not him but:

Of course no one cares to ask someone if they have a tulpa. They can't even tell schizophrenia from bpd, nor bipolarism half the time. There can't be a study if people see no reason to have one. They'd at best call it temporary insanity. What could a study actually learn? It'd just be an opinion poll, and they have online communities for that.
>>
>>25282432
What was the purpose in making this reply?
I was just trying to be helpful.
>>
>>25282505
Some people trust the jews and can't think for themsleves.
>>
>>25282505
Well it wasn't meant to be as rude as it sounded, but it really doesn't answer his question.
>>
>>25282706
Nope, it doesn't really.
I was more targeting the "it seems fake as fuck" part by at least attempting to explain the line of thought behind it
I saw that part of his post as him not understanding what it's all about, could be wrong on that though. Maybe he gets the concept but still thinks it's retarded, I have no idea.
>>
Tulpamancer here, currently sitting down with the 'tulp for a nice cup of tea, AMA.
>>
File: 1450729799469.jpg (334 KB, 1680x945) Image search: [Google]
1450729799469.jpg
334 KB, 1680x945
>>>/trash/676223

You guys are all welcome to come by here for information and a community of old and newfags willing to assist.
>>
Can EEG tell the difference between normal brain activity and brain activity with tulpa?
>>
>>25282926
Post pics of Tulpa
>>
>>25282926
Do you actually see yours?
Mine functions more like a split personality that just tells me things, like a compartmentalization of myself
>>
File: 1335449565984.jpg (102 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1335449565984.jpg
102 KB, 1024x768
Kill yourselves bronies
>>
I'd really like to believe this shit was real but going to the effort to realize I'm just a fucking moron buying into an mlp meme would be too much for me to bare to be quite honestl familia
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.