[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /dumb/ here? >tfw have to google Pythagorean theorem
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8
File: 1451066820360.png (51 KB, 240x232) Image search: [Google]
1451066820360.png
51 KB, 240x232
Who /dumb/ here?

>tfw have to google Pythagorean theorem
>>
>>25278964
you're not dumb i suck at math too , all my grades were straight A's except for math, the highest my math grade ever got was a C. don't worry friend
>>
Just because you had to do that doesn't make you dumb. You probably just aren't into math and it's not your thing. The people who call you dumb for that are either math-interested/inclined people, or people brainwashed my the education system that think everyone needs to know the Pythagorean theorem, Shakespeare, and how to play a violin or tuba.
>>
>>25278964
>/dumb/ thread
>it's actually filled with smart people

fuck off
>>
>tfw the only things you find interesting are intellectual subjects
>tfw when you're too dumb to engage with them in a meaningful way

I'd give up any two of my limbs to be more intelligent. It's really all I want in life.
>>
>>25278964
Incredibly. I was still on 8th grade math when I graduated and I just couldn't do it. I couldn't understand it and didn't get it when people tried to explain it.
>>
>>25278964
2bh homie I did Cal II and still have to google trig shit a lot

if you don't use it you lose it man, and stuff like the pythagorean theorem are things you can't really discern by yourself (at least not without a lot of time and effort) you just gotta have a reference for things like that
>>
>>25278964
Try to prove stuff in mathematics 99% of the people can't prove anything in mathematics. If you can prove it you will never forget it.

Also law of triangles has many interesting proofs.
>>
>>25279336
>tfw feel this feel
it's a feel, alright
>>
>>25279376
>tfw I have Calc 2 next semester
>tfw barely passed Calc 1 this semester
>tfw physics/engineering dual major
>>
>>25279503
>physics/engineering dual major
jesus, im praying for you
>>
>>25279627
It's actually not that bad because both majors require a lot of the same classes. It's gonna take me five years instead of four but I get two pretty solid degrees out of it
>>
>wiki Waco siege
>still don't understand

So it was a cult, and the gubmint didn't like them. That's all I need to know right?
>>
File: 65756865798.jpg (16 KB, 330x353) Image search: [Google]
65756865798.jpg
16 KB, 330x353
I am fucking goddawful at math. I haven't done it in almost 6 years now since the last time I took maths was in 10th grade.

>TFW it's the only class I need for my AAT and I'm scared to take it.

Bros I wanna git gud at math but I hate feeling stupid over not knowing basic algebra. I have A's in every class I've taken so far and I don't want to fuck that up with math.
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 500x350
Mathway senpai. Google it
>>
File: 1447851781943.jpg (50 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
1447851781943.jpg
50 KB, 409x409
>tfw stupid
>tfw still get perfect score on the asvab
>tfw work prestigious sounding technical job
>mfw everyone thinks im intelligent
>>
>>25280460
And that Bill Clinton and Janet Reno sent tanks and helicopters to slowly torture women and children to death
>>
>[equating intelligence to knowledge]
I fucking hate this meme
>>
>>25281124
There were other people in there too though.
>>
>>25278964
I couldn't pass calculus, and my life has been a slow descent into hell ever since.

People who can't path calculus should be euthanized to spare them the suffering of never being able to have a real career. I dont want to work with my hands and wageslave for the rest of my life.
>>
File: 1445160209126.jpg (64 KB, 295x366) Image search: [Google]
1445160209126.jpg
64 KB, 295x366
>>25278964
>failed geometry
>anything more complex than basic math operations triggers me
>didn't learn shit in algebra throughout 8th-12th grade
>>25281178
but he is right. I'm still a dipshit though.
>>
>>25278964
>ESE for over half of my schooling
>normal diploma though
>>
> tfw learning English since 4 years
> tfw sometimes you reach to vocabulary for some simple words like "explanation"
>>
File: yeb.png (179 KB, 391x382) Image search: [Google]
yeb.png
179 KB, 391x382
>>25279336
>tfw used to read philosophy when I was in hs
>read over 100 books from my library, spent countless hours reading
>didn't get anything out of them
>too dumb to remember
>tfw 25 and failed community college multiple times
>in the beginning I'm motivated to succeed
>towards the middle I'm to apathetic to even try, I just accept the Fs and don't even give a fuck
>sometimes I'm too unmotivated to use the restroom and crap my pants
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 582x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 582x600
>japanese american
>only know a few phrases in japanese
>can't even remember how to write my name in kanji
>only know english
>mfw trilingual people
>>
>>25281220
Please, tell me your cap of knowledge in algebra/geometry. Pupils in Russia in 9th grade(14-15y.o) are now learning how to fiddle with square and bisquare equations, and in geometry - sin. and cos. theories in triangles.
>>
>>25278964
>>25279312
The perception of intelligence can be relative. Even though I consider myself /dumb/, my measure is against those much smarter than I am. This is in contrast to those who are dumber than me, yet they look up to me as a pretty smart guy.

Btw, it's okay to be /dumb/. Find your strengths and use them to your advantage.
>>
>>25281213
Nigga trades can make mad money
>>
anyone else /have to repeat algebra 1 in 9th grade and looked like a fucking idiot/
>>
>>25282187
Holy shit... yes. I always overslept in the library prior to that class and dragged myself to class knowing I was going to get yelled at
>>
>>25282219
My whole highschool was a living hell, since it was a private school and only 3 other dumb fucks repeated, the whole school looked at me as a dumb fuck

>tfw math ruined my life
>tfw everyone would say "heh anon you still in algebra?!?! xD XD"
>>
>>25279336
No wonder your dumb, you post on some Mongolian cartoon image board instead of reading shit about intellectual topics and then wonder why you are stoopid. Smh desu senpai
>>
>>25281328
>Pupils in Russia in 9th grade(14-15y.o) are now learning how to fiddle with square and bisquare equations, and in geometry - sin. and cos. theories in triangles.
Wow, Russia does what literally the entire fucking word does. You Slavniggers sure are special and unique.
>>
I started taking Adderall and saying some potent shit at school, and everyone thought I was smart as fuck so I thought I was as well

Then tolerance built, and now I'm not profound at all anymore. I have a lot of trouble getting the ideas I want to express in communicable form, so I end up explaining it in a very disorganized fashion and sounding retarded while doing so.

now I just feel like I'm not special or smart at all
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.