[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thread theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1g AKAqCkEs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6
File: meme magic.jpg (86 KB, 671x573) Image search: [Google]
meme magic.jpg
86 KB, 671x573
Thread theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1gAKAqCkEs

>random stacies from your high school who you used to help with their homework are going off graduating from college, traveling ALL around the world and getting "real jobs"
>you never went to college
>you never got that apprenticeship you thought you could get with no experience( "jus b hardworking broXDDDDD")
>you are still working that minimum wage job designed for 15 year olds
>literally everybody you meet is laughing at you for being such a failure
>>
>No best friends to emulate yuru yuri with
>Live in the middle of nowhere, Texas
>Power might shut off at any time because storm
>Internet is shit on the best of days
>>
>>25276111
At least you didnt go to college, graduate with honors (3.7), and still end up with a min wage job designer meant for teenagers.

Feels bad man. Those 4 years were a total waste. I didnt even lose my virginity.
>>
>>25276363
youve got a chance though
So many jobs just want a degree, even jobs paying out 20k a year expect you to have a 4 year degree. Even the fucking peace core requires a 4 year degree to shovel horse shit in third world nations
>>
>>25276453
It's not a chance if you dont meet the other min requirements. Practically every ENTRY LEVEL job out there wants related experience.
>>
>>25276519

So what are people supposed to do?
Ive never understood how people just become successful, I cant even imagine it
>>
>>25276544
I dont know. That's why Im stuck.
>>
>>25276111

Why did you help them with their homework?
>>
>>25276667
almost quads confirms

get your fucking head in the game OP
>>
>>25276544

>get good grades in HS and be part of clubs/extracurriculars
>get into top tier uni, get good grades and be a part of uni clubs/extracurriculars
>do internships during the summers to gain experience while in school
>build connections through internships and clubs in school to secure yourself full-time position upon graduation
>>
>>25276716

tl;dr Just suck up to people and you're good
>>
>>25276667
I wanted people to like me. In high school I wasn't as bitter and scornful as I am now, I was just lonley
>>
File: 1449620963142.jpg (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1449620963142.jpg
1 B, 486x500
>>25276716
This
also Join a Frat
SRS
literally got an internship making 20$/hr watching netflix sophomore year, and a job offer in the spring 100% from frat connections, Im a fucking Com major with a C average too! lmao
>S-Stem masterrace
>>
>>25276111
Yeah OP I'm sure your total life failure is due to the fact you helped people with learn in high school and karma never got around to delivering you a life or perfection.

High school is over nigger get your life together or hold hands with the other NEETs and decide you wanted your life to be this way.
>>
>>25276811
>have potential and high hopes early in life
>become a total nothing in adulthood and feel bad about it
Am I wrong to be disappointed?
>>
>>25276716
The only thing in that part i have trouble is building connections. Is it possible to get a decent 50k a year job, or even a slightly above minimum wage job these days with just skills and hard work, or do you need to make the right friends for those jobs
>>
>>25276111
>Smartest kid in class, best grades in high school, high honors consistently
>Couldn't bag scholarship and go off to decent university because poor.
>Finish community college with associates in computer science
>Can't find job aside from Burger King, no one told me i needed to make contacts until i was already out.

>Random chad from high school that skipped class half days and failed almost every class until senior year
>At my states university, majoring in computer science
>Posted on normiebook about a job offer from Amazon

Life isn't fair
This is why people shoot their schools.

I'm honestly thinking about offing myself at this point. Said chad was an asshole to me through all school (grew up in same town, bully since 2nd grade).
>>
>>25276910
you're the smartest kid in your class and you couldn't figure out how to take a loan for college? kek
>>
>>25276958
I got warned about student loans from a close online friend of mine, and how they fucked him up the ass and he owes the government $85K in his mid-30s
>>
>>25276984
good thing you listened to him, look where it got you.

if you were truly smart and capable you could have done really well in college and been making 80-100k right out of college, paying back those loans within a few years on top of spending like a king
>>
>>25277029
Meh. I know I fucked up.
But how did literal flunk half his classes chad get so far ahead of me?

I basically got shot down from an IT job i was about to get because they were looking for someone with "more background"
>>
>>25277077
maybe he got his shit together in college i dont know
>>
>>25276111
Is she going to redmond? That's where I'm heading after uni and I'm a KV robot looking for a qt3.14 gf. At least I can fucking sell myself to an employer.
>>
>>25276910
>Said chad was an asshole to me through all school (grew up in same town, bully since 2nd grade).
He was better than you then, and he is still better than you now and that's why he is reaping the rewards. He is a winner, he is dominant, and he takes what he wants. Being intelligent has nothing to do with being successful, its all about being the biggest presence in the room. No one wants to hire some faggot manchild with good grades. They want Chad, they want a winner.

The universe has a way of setting things right regardless of grades or other meaningless shit. You are where you are because you are weak, he is where he is because he is strong. NOTHING ELSE MATTERS, LITERALLY NOTHING
>>
>>25276910
the sad thing is there are so many great colleges that offer crazy financial aid to high achieving low-income students
>>
>>25276842
ITS BECAUSE YOU'RE SITTING ON YOUR ASS EXPECTING SHIT TO JUST HAPPEN TO YOU, IT DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>25277235
Im not really low income. At the time I didn't qualify because I was living with my mom and she made 80K/year, just told me not to expect jack shit for help with anything after 18. College, food, clothes, ect.

I barely managed to save $50 every month after my food and rent to her.

>>25277211
>setting things right
>spend hours studying from basically second I was born
>Give up social contact for studying and books
>Work my hardest to get good grades, take every chance for extra credit
>Never had a grade lower than B+ *in my life, from primary school*
>Wind up a deadbeat loser in a trashy apartment playing F2P MMOs, eating ramen, shitposting on 4chan, and working 50 hours a week to make rent
>"universe setting things right"

Fuck off, you fucking chad normie faggot. I hope the next elliot takes you with him.
>>
>25277369
>setting things right
>spend hours studying from basically second I was born
>Give up social contact for studying and books
>Work my hardest to get good grades, take every chance for extra credit
>Never had a grade lower than B+ *in my life, from primary school*

Literally worthless endeavors. What a successful man would do:

>Build up confidence and social connections by going to parties and dating/fucking women
>Assert dominance in any situation possible, control every room you're in
>Get through high school in any fashion, no one cares what your grades were
>Build connections through your social skills that set you on a successful path no matter how you do in school

Last part is main part. If you can't win socially you can't win. LITERALLY, LITERALLY the only factor in getting jobs is social connections unless you start your own business. Everyone just gives jobs to the people they like regardless of qualifications, no one gives jobs to kids that got good grades that they feel no connection to.

Chad will be handed promotion after promotion and coast through life on the easy train, while you work your ass off and get absolutely no return from it. You chose the wrong path, hard work and intelligence are meaningless. Social dominance is the only valuable trait in the workforce.
>>
>>25277369
See
>>25277561
Fucked up my goddamn arrows. Class is in, learn how winners get ahead in life
>>
>>25277561
Everyone told me differently.
My teachers told me to get good grades and everyone would just be friends with me when they can benefit from it.

My family told me getting good grades would guarantee me an amazing job sooner or later

My therapists told me just to stay my course and i'd be rewarded a hundredfold in the future

My priest said that one day the meek would inherit the earth and my worries would be gone for good.
Why did they all lie, anon?
>>
>>25277679
They are normies, they make connections and have successful social interactions wherever they go. Good grades in combination with normie social skills is a powerful combination.

You however have no social skills and did not make the proper connections in college to springboard yourself after graduation. Thus you find yourself here, an overqualified robot with no social skills.

If you had the social skills in place your qualifications would mean something. Also, you went to community college. People only care about the name of the college you went to, literally no one on Earth gives a fuck what your grades are unless you're applying to NASA or some shit. Chad went to the college with the name value and probably did just enough to graduate. That is worth SO much more than getting great grades at the no name college you went to.

Your worldview is so naive, you seem very sheltered and most likely did no have a strong male role model growing up. I am here to answer all your questions now though, gain some real world knowledge and now what your teachers told you to get their stats up.
>>
>>25277896
Your worldview is so naive, you seem very sheltered and most likely did not have a strong male role model growing up. I am here to answer all your questions now though, gain some real world knowledge and not what your teachers told you to get their stats up

Fixed, jesus I fucked that sentence up
>>
>>25277950
>no strong male role model

Surprisingly accurate.
I was a rapebaby and my mom was a hyper-feminist because of it, never met father.

She made me take pills until I was 15 to "push the toxic masculinity" out of me.
>>
>>25276740

>get good grades
>sucking up

uh, no

work hard and don't be an unlikeable jackass. You don't need to suck up, just don't be a tremendous spergy faggot in real life like you are on the internet and that's enough

>>25276843

i personally hate "networking", and your ability to get a job depends on the particular field you're in. finance is very network-heavy which i loathe but it's also the kinda place where if youre autisticially good at your job that works as well

i'd imagine most stem related fields are filled with spergs so by simply not being as big of a sperg you can stand out by default. finance is full of chads
>>
>>25278368
Your passiveness and lack of ability to take a job for yourself is because of that. Whoever your father is fucked up your mom mentally and ruined her ability to raise you in way that makes you successful. You were raised to color in the lines and be Mommy's perfect little boy who never did anything wrong, which is not how you get ahead in life. The more you take from the world, and the more you expect from it, the farther you will go. Successful people take, take, and take some more. Also that robbed you of a male role model at the same time, leaving you doubly fucked.

Do anything you can to build connections now, and maybe consider going back to college if you can't figure anything out within a couple years. If you do go back to college, act like they owe you something for not being able to get a job the first time. Take everything from them, give nothing. Get the degree and don't fuck yourself up trying to get good grades. Get decent grades and focus on meeting people, only worry about passing and not excelling. Build connections now, if you hit age 30 without building a social foundation for yourself and getting on a career path you will just be the unsuccessful old guy that no one wants anything to do with. Fix yourself NOW before its too late.
>>
>>25276111

Select all images of bodies of water such as lakes or oceans.
>>
>>25276958
How the fuck was he gonna pay it back, smart ass
>>
>>25279327
With the job he could get from a real degree at a real university. His cheap play diploma obviously doesn't have him in a better situation.
>>
File: 1443869763899.jpg (201 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1443869763899.jpg
201 KB, 600x600
>>25276111
>spend teen years doing nothing but exercise
>fittest guy in the grade, looking to start competing in MMA
>no plans for future, just going to be a personal trainer
>get depressed, leave school, get obese and eventually can't walk to the fridge without running out of breath
>all I ever had was fitness and now I actively went out of my way to destroy that
>look at people from my old highschool on facebook and they're all fit
>even my cousin, who I used to help train with weights a quarter of what I was doing can kick my ass
Here's some more appropriate music https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1gi_aOe334
>>
File: 700.jpg (23 KB, 600x606) Image search: [Google]
700.jpg
23 KB, 600x606
>>25276111
>only male in a sea of girls in my English department
>they're all either teachers or wageslaving at Barnes and Noble
>I actually enjoy the craft and read the shit we get assigned in class without being a little bitch
>now I'm writing advertisements
>coast by all day writing stupid bullshit
>laugh with my other advertisement bros because none of us care about the products we're selling
>on my way to promotion because I'm good at polishing garbage
Life is good.
>>
>>25276300
yo I'm in the storm rn too. Where at? Near plano tx here.
>>
>>25276910

Whomever told you life was fair was a fucking liar. Life isn't fair, deal with it.
>>
>>25279571
also to clarify: if you're a girl I don't want to fucking talk to you.
>>
>>25279327
With the job he would get with the degree dumby
>>
>>25279578
Fucking seriously. Poor guys worked his ass off his whole life for literally nothing. No connections = No job. Simple as that, people only give jobs to their friends and people that can make an immediate impression. And no one gives the SLIGHTEST fuck about what your grades were in HS or college. All that matters is where you went and that you graduated.
>>
>>25277679
Your idols are full of shit and the sooner you stop listening to anything they say and use logic to come to your own conclusions the sooner you'll excel
>>
File: 1393388979056.gif (650 KB, 647x363) Image search: [Google]
1393388979056.gif
650 KB, 647x363
>>25277679
>My priest said that one day the meek would inherit the earth and my worries would be gone for good.
>evangelical single mom
>always told me to be modest and meek
>follow this advice and get ignored by everyone
This advice ruins people. I spent my high school years trying to figure out why everyone ignored me, why I was invisible, how these guys were talking with girls so arrogantly yet they loved it... how could that be possible when girls loved the meek and quiet guys? Surely one day a girl would notice how humble I was and we would fall in love and live happily together forever... right mom?

Oh it never happened. I stayed up at nights trying to figure out what was wrong with me. It took me 2 years of isolation, contemplating my life before I figured out how bullshit it all was... I hope people die
>>
>sick
>can't afford insurance
>pay out of pocket to go to doctor
>gives me a shit ton of steroids
>angry all the time, pain getting worse, can't afford hospital, doctor on vacation not that I can afford to see him either

XD
>>
>>25280260
Why didnt you just work hard bro! XD
Just apply yourself and get a gud job man!!
>>
>>25280328
Is this how they deal with people like us anon, left to die like rats in our cages XD?
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.