[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Seriously though, why are the Beatles considered the greatest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 456787643.jpg (108 KB, 424x349) Image search: [Google]
456787643.jpg
108 KB, 424x349
Seriously though, why are the Beatles considered the greatest rock band ever?
I'm not asking because they are bad or not good at making music, they're just so weird and an odd choice to hold that place
Especially how people fawn over Sgt. Pepper
None of the songs are really "rockish" at all and feel like carnival music
It would make way more sense if people praised Axis Bold as Love or Paranoid by Black Sabbath because they're way more easy going and just what they are
>>
>>25276083
I always thought people considered them pop/pop rock. Sgt. Pepper is psychedelic pop more than anything. Abbey Road is considered the "classic rock" album I think.
>>
It's because the Beatles were great pop songwriters and they coupled that with just enough experimentation to appear innovative but still be extremely catchy and accessible.
>>
Influence, basically.
>>
Cause they made Rubber Soul, Revolver, Sgt Peppers in 2 years. No doubt 3 of the BEST albums of all time.

Dylans got Highway 61 and Blonde on Blonde.

Beach Boys got Pet Sounds.

But seriously, they just changed a lot of the ways music was in their time. Before them it most musicians did not write their own songs. They led the British invasion on America, they went from cheesy pop love songs, to folk/psychedelic, to w/e their end is (rock as a whole?). All in a span of 7 years. They have a massive influence on every musician since. Seriously just read up on their influence somewhere not here.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.