[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has any of you embraced a philosophy of freedom? A philosophy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: carrot-dating-photo.jpg (167 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
carrot-dating-photo.jpg
167 KB, 400x600
Has any of you embraced a philosophy of freedom?

A philosophy of freedom is a way of life in which one stops being controlled by his instincts, as much as he can, but not because he wants to attain illumination or a higher goal, but because he has calculated that setting himself free from social demands and bodily instincts he will live a happier life. The closest to it would be Stoicism.

Example: self-employed guy that works at his small apartment as a programmer. He could have a normal job and lose a lot of time working there and commuting and make more money. But why would he sacrifice his comfort? For getting a woman?
If a woman goes to him it will have to be voluntarily out of her own will with this guy not trying to impress her. Which will be almost impossible.

This way of life is akin to Stoicism. And it's alsto a bit of Objectivism and Nietzschean SuperMan. In the end is just how would live a person who is really secure of himself, and is a real non-psychopath Egoist. Only cares about himself, but wouldn't want damage any others, because he has empathy and because he doesn't want to achive any other goals. Even survival is not essential.
Acknowledges that most relationships get built and destroyed because of spurious interests that in the end won't make you happier. The primacy of a comfortable life is a mature acknowledgement of the futility of social demands. Caesar Augustus dreaming of retiring and having free time. This is the territory of the self-developed man, the total opposite of a disowned self, and the main exponent was William James Sidis.

This life path may lead to relative poverty and celibacy (not chosen, but because no woman will want to be with you, because of MONEY), but also peace of mind.
>>
Stoicism and objectivism are shitty ways to live though.
>>
>>25275876
but why? care to elaborate?
>>
>This way of life is akin to Stoicism. And it's alsto a bit of Objectivism and Nietzschean SuperMan. In the end is just how would live a person who is really secure of himself, and is a real non-psychopath Egoist. Only cares about himself, but wouldn't want damage any others, because he has empathy and because he doesn't want to achive any other goals. Even survival is not essential.

>Thinking all these philosophies don't completely contradict

Fuck mate, you're a massive pseudointellectual
>>
>>25275780
>self-employed guy that works at his small apartment as a programmer
i want to do exactly this but have no programming skill. how do you even compete with those curryniggers that code for a nickel per day?
>>
i already have been living in stoicism, it's why peer pressure barely had any effects on me and i retained my integrity all through out my teenage years, i never had any phases or anything and i still like the same shit i did when i was 12.
i always knew i was gonna do my own shit and follow my own path.
if i'm not doing what i want, i'm not happy.
>>
File: boysclub right.jpg (47 KB, 255x320) Image search: [Google]
boysclub right.jpg
47 KB, 255x320
>>25276156

Are you me?

This comment is as original as it gets
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.