[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw brother and sister home for holidays >tfw brother
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: scaredanon.jpg (8 KB, 250x236) Image search: [Google]
scaredanon.jpg
8 KB, 250x236
>tfw brother and sister home for holidays
>tfw brother and sister also in college and have 4.0s
>tfw mom forcing me to do well and improve in my classes
>tfw had a 3.9 and now have like approximately a 3.2
>tfw grades come soon
>brother and sister and mom will all judge and yell at me
>>
File: 4chinz.webm (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
4chinz.webm
1 MB, 640x360
>>25275722
>4.0 in college

Both impressive and unnecessary unless you want to become a doctor/get into Yale law school/go into academia etc.

Don't worry too much man. One quarter/semester with a 3.2 won't kill you. Pick back up next quarter. Also

>college

You're a grown ass man dude. Time to stop worrying so much what your mom thinks about your grades.
>>
OP why are your grades slipping? Are you studying enough?

D-do you need me to take care of some of your needs so you can focus on studying?
>>
>>25275722
respective majors?
>>
>>25275722
Why even go to college? Just be a NEET, I've done it for at least 4 years now, it's great
>>
>>25275862
what about when you have to stop NEETing?
>>
>>25275909
That'll never happen
>>
>>25275909
What about when you get fired from your job? Same shit.
>>
>>25275806
Dude I had 3.0s last year and absolutely needed at least a 3.5 to cancel out last year

Fuck my life senpai FUCK
>>
>>25275806
>go into academia

GPA is like the fourth or fifth primary concern if someone wants to get into a gradschool. Like anything above a 3.75 is effectively a 4.0. It's all about papers, networking, standardized test scores, etc.
>>
>>25276342
and climbing the school ladder

it's difficult to get into a better school then you went to for undergrad but it's almost impossible to get a job at a better school then your got your masters or doctorate
>>
File: 1448763947050.jpg (75 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1448763947050.jpg
75 KB, 720x960
>>25276306
>Dude I had 3.0s last year and absolutely needed at least a 3.5 to cancel out last year

What do you want to do post college?

You may not "need" anything.

>>25276342
I'm just saying that there are a very limited number of avenues where having a high college gpa will pay off.

Oftentimes it's not worth the effort to go the extra mile in college- there are better uses for your time unless you're looking at one of those select career/grad-school paths
>>
>>25275722
unless your brother and sister go to fucking duke and are majoring in EE, dont worry about it. a 4.0 is nothing special unless its at a very good university.
>>
>>25276384
work with servers / hosting

i had a fucking 3.9, I was so happy and my life felt so much brighter. I finally improved and thought I got my life on track but then I just fucked it all up
>>
File: 1449960125229.jpg (142 KB, 1023x662) Image search: [Google]
1449960125229.jpg
142 KB, 1023x662
>>25276507
Hey nigger, as long as you can get a job/get paid it really doesn't matter.

If having a 3.9 makes you feel happy and proud of yourself go for it but don't tear yourself up too much if you can't maintain.

Ultimately it's a secondary concern at best.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.