[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NEETs, wwyd
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 2
File: 1450624201488.jpg (72 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1450624201488.jpg
72 KB, 960x960
If you were your parents, what would you do to get your kid out of the basement, so they could live a normal fulfilling life?
>>
Observe them, note their individual strengths and weaknesses, note their passions and interests, try to discern where passion(s)/interest(s) intersect their strength(s) while avoiding their weakness(es). Then encourage them along that path, suggest it to them, show them the benefits to be reaped.
>>
>>25272187
I would only have kids if I were rich enough to provide for them through their early adult years, or at the very least could provide them a good paying job via my nepotism.

Which is why I'm never having kids.
>>
>>25272187
Say we're going on a vacation and never come back.
>>
>>25272187

tell them to get the fuck out of my house because I'm not a shitty pushover
>>
>>25272187
I would take all their videogames and give them to charity, Biggest waste of time.
>>
I find it funny how robots act all tough here against us basement dwellers. You are the biggest pussies and you are in no position to criticize us when your own lives are such fucking messes.
>>
>>25272399
>giving your waste of a child your house
Are you retarded?
>>
>>25272187
What would help me would be being handed an easy job without having to go through the horrible application/hiring processes.

So I guess the only way my parents could help would be to put themselves in a position to get me an easy job through nepotism/cronyism, but that will never happen because my mom is a NEET and my dad is a truck driver.
>>
>>25272493

>excellent paying job, girlfriend, nice clean home, good relationship with family, come to /r9k/ to laugh at NEETs

muh "everyone else is failing just as much as I am" projection meme
>>
Pay for my wife's son to live in his own studio flat and write my will so he inherits all my assets.
>>
>>25272537
Your life must fucking suck if you come here for entertainment you retard.
>>
>>25272507

>NEET wanting to be handed something easy

wow 10/10 truly shocking
>>
>>25272560

>more projections and generalizations

I stay for the aspie NEET greentexts
>>
>>25272187
Change the locks.
>>
>>25272586
again, nobody with a health and enjoyable life would come here for fun, it makes no sense and you are a lying dipshit
>>
>>25272563
Sure, I'm in this position to begin with because of anxiety issues.

I've come a long way in improving my mental state, but I still can't find the strength to go from a decade of NEEThood to actually getting a job without any assistance whatsoever. If I had someone to help ease me into it I think I could do it.
>>
>>25272563
It's about it being easy. Today, you need to impress others to get a decent job. When you're poor, ugly trash, nobody cares even if you have the necessary skills. Even in fields like IT which I'm in with loads of autists, it's become all fucking connections.
>>
>>25272642
It's always been that way. You would have been a quiter failure back in the day too.

Dont be yourself senpai.
>>
>>25272609
I feel the same way, I don't feel strong enough to face the real world by myself, I don't have one friend, I'm scared my weakness would lead to a quick suicide, at least I have my parents to talk to here. I cant interact with strangers and enjoy it, everything is a miserable struggle.
>>
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 300x250
I would cancel internet service to the house and stop feeding him/her.

Pic related.
>>
>>25272607

keep telling yourself that everybody else is as miserable as you while your body aches from not going outdoors for 8 weeks and your parents slip further into disappointment and depression
>>
>>25272673
Wah wah. Life is too hard. Mommy help!
>>
>>25272689
you do realize this is a pointless argument, i dont know anything about you and you only know one thing about me

I stick by my strong hunch, people with happy lives like you claim to have would never dream of coming here

you are one of us you miserable fuck, admit it
>>
>>25272673
I don't even mind interacting with strangers sometimes, but the thought of applying to jobs, trying to bullshit my way through an interview with a decade of NEET as my history, taking a drug test, trying to learn the job quickly and do it right, being worried about bathroom breaks, etc. just scares the hell out of me.

I'd actually be willing to work for less than minimum wage if it were possible to do that in exchange for not being so pressured.
>>
>>25272694
>dear diary, today I made fun of somebodies problems on the internet

you are like some pathetic stereotypical school bully, you are more useless than me
>>
>>25272773
yeh when i do go for a job i will look for something simple, hard to fuck up and with minimal human interaction, i couldnt cope with more
>>
>>25272815
Night shift grocery store stocker (person who arranges food onto the shelves).
>>
>>25272836
not bad, yeh night time jobs might be a way to go
>>
>>25272773
You can maintain my lawn. I'm paying 50 cents an hour. No pressure either.
>>
>>25272795
Except I have a girlfriend, friends a career etc.
>>
>>25272911
what use is that if you are so pathetic you have to seek happiness on here, it can't be going well for you m8y
>>
>>25272955
Well i came for the Orgeon shooting, I stayed to laugh at the suspended adolescent rerards.
>>
>>25272993
damn i envy your life, you showed me
>>
>>25273014
Have you tried whining like a little bitch on the internet yet?
>>
>>25272607
Not being a fuckin lazy neet doesn't mean that I shouldn't know about this site full of losers, I originally came to /b/ for the cringe post
Learned from there that /r9k/ was a cringe source
>>
>>25272891
50 cents per hour is far too little. Even if you lived right next door and there were no travel expenses, it just wouldn't be enough money to help my situation.

I have a minimum - it's just not quite as high as $7.25 per hour for something low pressure. $5 an hour or so seems more reasonable.
>>
>>25273072
yeh I used to do that a lot, I'm prone to it
>>
I don't know man, is your fault to choose the neet life

Fucking man up and accept the consequence of your choices
>>
>>25273087
I'm prepared to go as high as $1.25 an hour. But every once in a while, I will throw nickels at you and you'll have to dance a jig.
>>
>>25272278
>Observe them, note their individual strengths and weaknesses, note their passions and interests, try to discern where passion(s)/interest(s) intersect their strength(s) while avoiding their weakness(es). Then encourage them along that path, suggest it to them, show them the benefits to be reaped.

Most sane response so far.

I hereby grant you permission to breed with a human female.
>>
If I was my parents I would've killed myself for having such a shitty retarded kid.
>>
>>25273103
there is no fucking choice but to accept it, doing something about it is hard when you dont have the balls or motivation

give good advice instead of useless general advice like man up, we already FEEL the shame we dont need more of it
>>
>>25273139
Maybe $3 an hour with no dancing. Awkward stuff like that is what I'm trying to avoid.

I also require free access to a clean, modern bathroom.
>>
>>25273193
Nope. No dancing is a deal breaker. Why hire a tard if you can't humiliate them from time to time?
>>
>>25273219
I'm willing to work cheap in exchange for being treated well otherwise.

Unfortunately the minimum wage basically means that I can't negotiate a lower wage in exchange for easier hiring and less pressure, creating a barrier against me entering the job market.
>>
>>25273303
Are you fat senpai? If not, maybe you could be my butler.
>>
>>25273342
I'm a little overweight, but not obese and I can be presentable if the effort is put in.

Being a butler and/or chauffeur would actually be an enjoyable job for me. I'd love to get paid to drive some old lady to the grocery store in her Cadillac.
>>
>>25272278
>discern
First reply and best answer so far. This would not make the robot into a normie, but you would potentially get your kid to do something with their life.
>>
>>25272187
Reflect on how I fucked up on raising my kid, and then cry a lot.

but seriously, one thing to NOT do is to throw empty praise at them. My mom would always be like "oh anon don't stay locked up in your room! You have so many talents and you're so talented and you should share your talents with the world!"

I want to call out her bluff and say "Yeah? what talents?" but I don't want to deal with her crying.
>>
>>25272187
As a former neet I would make sure they aren't wasting all their time.
>Get them to go to the gym
>Get them to read classic lit
Also depends why they're a neet, if just not good socially or if they are outright stupid/druggies.
Would definitely not consider them disappointments so long they are bettering themselves.
>>
I would start fucking his mother very loudly near his room to establish dominance.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.