[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does this make you feel, r9k? Especially those of you with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
How does this make you feel, r9k? Especially those of you with ACTUAL social anxiety?
>>
>>25272054
I don't even have social anxiety (I think) and I know that's bullshit.

If your meme illnesses aren't diagnosed by a medical professional it may as well be nonexistent.
>>
>>25272054
What she has is more conventionally termed "shyness".

since I'm not a heartless person, I feel at least sad for anyone that has something negatively effect their lives.

>>25272128
>thinking someone with actual serious SA would ever speak about their problems with a medical professional
Maybe if I was a kid and had parents who cared enough to force me to go. but too late for that.
>>
>>25272054
>counting for money before you pay
EVERYONE DOES THIS FOR ANYTHING OTHER THAN ANXIETY

FUCKING RRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>25272177

The rule of thumb is

If you havent been professionally diagnosed then your SA is a meme illness and you should kill yourself.
>>
File: Screenshot_1.png (124 KB, 341x377) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1.png
124 KB, 341x377
>be in social situation
>say nothing unless spoken to
>y u so shy
>i'm not i just i don't have anything to say

why do people make this misconception
>>
>>25272128
>>25273684
I haven't been to the doctor in over 15 years, doesn't make it any easier to deal with the crippling depression
I get your point though, normie shitters who go around bragging about their undiagnosed mental illnesses on social media are cancer
>>
>>25272054
after becoming a shutin i got nervous a lot but then i remembered my training and realized im good. being nervous does not mean social anxiety
>>
>>25272128
>I don't even have social anxiety
Please don't pretend to know anything about something you don't know anything about.
>>
Social anxiety just means you feel anxiety in social situations. That is it.

The fact that you are worried about people appropriating "real social anxiety" means that you treat social anxiety as if it were an identity.

You are doing the same thing they are.

And it's woefully pathetic
>>
I don't insist that she doesn't have social anxiety just because her life is better than mine.

A lot of people have it, including girls. It's not as bad for them, but they're still experiencing the symptoms and I have no reason to get upset about that.
>>
>not leaving voicrmails
How about not being able to make phone calls without throwing up
>>
>>25274225
yeah

more severe for some than others too
>>
File: 1450838366646.png (587 KB, 1920x1039) Image search: [Google]
1450838366646.png
587 KB, 1920x1039
ITT retards who think social anxiety and social anxiety disorder are the same thing
>>
File: 1441749898347.png (49 KB, 190x182) Image search: [Google]
1441749898347.png
49 KB, 190x182
Disorders are not a competition.

I have anxiety. She has anxiety. Mine might be more severe, but it doesn't make hers less valid.
>>
>>25273802
it's all about who shouts the loudest
then they never shut the fuck up one second so you have to interrupt them
then you give up playing their baby game of craving for attention and you stick out as a weird / shy for not screaming your opinion at people
>>
>>25274688
>give up
i was never playing to begin with
>>
>>25272054
I mean all what she described is really hard for.
Except leaving voicemail since I can't use phone at all.
>>
>>25272054
>posts about social anxiety on facebook completely contradicting the symptoms of social anxiety.
Someone with real social anxiety wouldn't be able to do this.
>>
>>25274928
Obviously people with social anxiety are probably able to post here (not saying I have it) because it helps to be anonymous and have all threads eventually deleted.
>>
>>25272128
Going to the doctor and letting some rich old Jew dictate everything about your life to you is a meme

>>25274928
I had social anxiety but I worked through it and got help, now I even have a normiebook. Someone is probably just trying to relate their struggle to others. If you're a girl then it's probably easier to get over social anxiety, but until you figure out why you have it and how it can be fixed its tormenting.
>>
>>25272177
People do brave shit everyday, speaking to a pro takes a lot from someone with SA, but people do it. Sorry for reddit tier response.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.