[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Isn't Hedonism the only truth in life? If something feels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: 78687678436783.png (21 KB, 473x500) Image search: [Google]
78687678436783.png
21 KB, 473x500
Isn't Hedonism the only truth in life?

If something feels good, do more of it.

Life has no meaning, what else is the best use of our limited youth and life but seeking pleasure?
>>
File: 1428157697953.png (219 KB, 446x450) Image search: [Google]
1428157697953.png
219 KB, 446x450
>>25268665
i agree. whenever i find drugs, i do em. whenever i see tasty food, i eat it. whenever i see something unguarded, i vandalize it

fuck everything and everyone because we're all gonna die
>>
atheistic hedonism is the most oppressive lifestyle these days.
>>
The problem with hedonism is it's usually a zero sum game.
You can be hedonist in your youth but when you get older the repercussions will come.

No education, no good job, no desire to be productive will make you one poor sad fuck soon enough.

Especially for millennials, we are already royally fucked as is. If you fuck up your youth it's game over.
We don't have social security or any safety nets.
>>
>>25268715
Exactly. There's an old quote about hedonism: "Laugh, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we may die. But, alas, we never do."
>>
Thats short'sighted.
Everyone is inherently hedonistic just as everyone is inherently selfish.
However the majority of people have mental faculties sophisticated enough to understand the concept of withholding gratification - current pain for larger future gain.

Everybody is out for pleasure and happiness. Just because they aren't constantly indulging in it, nor in the same way you may be, doesn't mean they aren't hedonistic.
>>
I used to do that but it led me to trying to kill myself.

Now I do a modified version of it where the only drug (counting alcohol) I take is deveined maeng da kratom, it's cured my suicidal depression but isn't as mdmawesome as some drugs
>>
>>25268665
the only true hedonists are drug addicts and smokers
>>
But pursuing pleasure wont net you happiness. Seeking pleasure for pleasures sake is unhealthy and unsustainable.
>>
ITT: Idiots confusing libertinism and hedonism.

You can still think long term and plan for retirement whilst being a hedonist.
>>
File: Elagabalus.jpg (124 KB, 470x479) Image search: [Google]
Elagabalus.jpg
124 KB, 470x479
>>25269699
>tfw you will never be a Roman Emperor
>tfw you will never take part in orgies
I want to drown in pussy and dicks
>>
>>25269777
>You can still think long term and plan for retirement whilst being a hedonist.

More semantics. What a fucking retarded statement.

Delayed gratification implies success and a proper retirement.
Being a real hedonist goes against those very rules.
>>
File: 1450033747618.jpg (337 KB, 2000x2864) Image search: [Google]
1450033747618.jpg
337 KB, 2000x2864
You could talk about hedonis if you are 10/10 and with billions dad money on your acc.

What kind of hedonism can neet let himself?

40cm pizza?
dildo in the ass during fap?
another ounce of weed?
new piss bottle with bigger hole?

top kek
>>
File: fedora160.jpg (235 KB, 1298x1440) Image search: [Google]
fedora160.jpg
235 KB, 1298x1440
*tips fedora*

Life has meaning you edgy fedoralord loser kid.

Might as well kill urself if u don't believe in Bible LMAO.
>>
>>25269811
>"More semantics. What a fucking retarded statement."
>Proceeds to spurt his own unfounded take on the definition of hedonism
>>
>>25268665
Great thinkers have approached this subject for millennia, marginally improving their arguments for each time - and you have the foolishness to act smug, believing that you have discovered truth that no other man has?
Pick up a book on philosophy for once, and maybe you'd get somewhere. As far as hedonism is concerned, I recommend Plato's dialogue "Gorgias", wherein Socrates argues with the famed Rhetorician Gorgias and his students on whether or not hedonism is the most satisfying way of living. You can find the text for free online.
https://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/p/plato/p71g/index.html
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.