[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some impressive figures in the history (or present if
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: hard hitler.jpg (17 KB, 220x348) Image search: [Google]
hard hitler.jpg
17 KB, 220x348
What are some impressive figures in the history (or present if applicable) of mankind? For instance:

>serial killers who fucked with the police and never got caught
>powerful rulers who came into power from nothing
>a magician who did crazy shit no one has ever managed to figure out

It's hard to explain, but basically any person who did something so incredible that only a few people could do in any given society.
>>
>>25268656
I know a couple

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D._B._Cooper

>D. B. Cooper is a media epithet popularly used to refer to an unidentified man who hijacked a Boeing 727 aircraft in the airspace between Portland, Oregon, and Seattle, Washington, on November 24, 1971, extorted $200,000 in ransom (equivalent to $1,170,000 in 2015), and parachuted to an uncertain fate. Despite an extensive manhunt and an ongoing FBI investigation, the perpetrator has never been located or positively identified. The case remains the only unsolved air piracy in American aviation history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrian_Carton_de_Wiart

>] He served in the Boer War, First World War, and Second World War; was shot in the face, head, stomach, ankle, leg, hip, and ear; survived two plane crashes; tunnelled out of a prisoner-of-war camp; and bit off his own fingers when a doctor refused to amputate them. Describing his experiences in the First World War, he wrote, "Frankly I had enjoyed the war."
>>
>>25268694
Oh shit I heard the stories before. Good to know the names behind them. Got any more?
>>
>>25268656
>serial killers who fucked with the police and never got caught
How the fuck would anyone know if he was never caught? D-g damnit retard
>>
>>25268694
Fuck man its so crazy it sounds fake
>>
>>25268975

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Kaczynski

>Kaczynski was born and raised in Evergreen Park, Illinois. While growing up in Evergreen Park he was a child prodigy, excelling academically from an early age. Kaczynski was accepted into Harvard University at the age of 16, where he earned an undergraduate degree. He subsequently earned a PhD in mathematics from the University of Michigan. He became an assistant professor at the University of California, Berkeley in 1967 at age 25. He resigned two years later.

>Between 1978 and 1995, Kaczynski engaged in a nationwide bombing campaign against people involved with modern technology, planting or mailing numerous homemade bombs, ultimately killing a total of three people and injuring 23 others. He is also known for his wide-ranging social critiques, which opposed industrialization and modern technology while advancing a nature-centered form of anarchism.
>>
>>25269177
For some reasons it doesn't let me post this one, let me try again.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mariya_Oktyabrskaya

Her tank was immobilized. Mariya immediately got out of the tank and began to repair the track, amid fierce small arms and artillery fire. She ignored orders to remain in the tank. She managed to repair the track, but she was hit in the head by shell fragments and lost consciousness. After the battle Oktyabrskaya was transported to a Soviet military field hospital at Fastov, near Kiev, where she remained in a coma for two months, before finally dying on 15 March. The following August, Oktyabrskaya was posthumously awarded the Hero of the Soviet Union award in recognition of her bravery in the battles around Vitebsk.
>>
>>25269177
>>25269199
These two aren't super impressive. They're cool and kinda unusual, but not ridiculous and amazing like these >>25268694
>>
>>25268999
Zodiac killer, for example. He even toyed with the police a lot, but they never caught him
>>
>>25270140
Well>>25269177

Was basically a genius, he also made the FBI look like mongoloids for a decade as they were unable to ever find him, still he managed to publish his manifesto and his handwriting was recognized by the brother.
>>
>>25268656
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Kuklinski

>According to Kuklinski, he killed numerous people over the next 30 years. Lack of attention from law enforcement was partly due to Kuklinski's ever-changing methods: he used guns, knives, explosives, tire irons, fire, poison, asphyxiation, and even bare-handed beatings, "just for the exercise". The exact number has never been settled upon by authorities, and Kuklinski himself at various times claimed to have killed more than 200 people.[3] He favored the use of cyanide, since it killed quickly and was hard to detect in a toxicology test. He would variously administer it by injection, by putting it on a person's food, by aerosol spray, or by simply spilling it on the victim's skin. One of his favorite methods of disposing of a body was to place it in a 55-gallon oil drum. His other disposal methods included dismemberment, burial, or placing the body in the trunk of a car and having it crushed in a junkyard. He also claimed to have fed living human beings to huge cave rats in Pennsylvania and recorded footage in order to collect torture contracts and for convenient disposal. Upon viewing one of these tapes Roy Demeo reportedly could not finish watching and said Kuklinski truly "had no soul".
>>
>>25270168

He was likely caught, but just never connected to the crimes.
>>
>>25270253
Well I didn't know the FBI part, that's pretty impressive.
>>
Bumping for more glorious names. Come on, anyone, give me anything. Anything from Hitler to Alexander the Great to Houdini. Let's do this.
>>
JESUS CHRIST BUMP
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.