[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm in a bit of an awkward position /r9k/. Looking for some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1
File: JwXMoZK.jpg (585 KB, 1280x1795) Image search: [Google]
JwXMoZK.jpg
585 KB, 1280x1795
I'm in a bit of an awkward position /r9k/. Looking for some advice.

My brother broke up with his girlfriend recently but needs to stay living in the local town so he can continue his job. I've been trying to move out of my parents house, and have been asking him for advice (predating the breakup). Now he's pounced on the opportunity and asked me to move in with him, and since I felt bad for him, I immediately said yes.

The thing is, my brother is a bit of a dick. He talks down to me and has this very antagonizing way of talking. He always makes me feel guilty and lazy, now matter what I do. I fucking hate being around him because of this.

So, what's the best way to get out of this without hurting his feeling, or at the very least not making him mad?
>>
>>25267523
You do what a fucking adult would do, and you tell your brother straight out that you're having second thoughts about his proposal. You tell him this straight to his face. You elaborate on how your brother's behavior is toxic for your relationship, and how you won't let that shit fly if you're moving in together.
You don't have to settle for a decision during that meeting. You just tell him this, and give it a few days to let it sink in. Then wait. Wait for your brother to call you. Let him make the initiative. If he does, it means he's accepting your terms. If you take the initiative first, your words will lose every bit of authority they had.
Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.