[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw want to believe in God and the afterlife but can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: 1423016911577.png (698 KB, 608x715) Image search: [Google]
1423016911577.png
698 KB, 608x715
>tfw want to believe in God and the afterlife but can't logically bring myself to do so
>>
Try drugs, yoga, and breathing techniques
>>
>>25266531
some things you experience

the gnostic knows god, not thinks god
>>
>>25266531
Accept your Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ and you won't burn in Hell for all Eternity.
>>
>>25266531
Just spend all your time around different types of christians. sooner or later you will meet one smarter than yourself and he will convince you to see things his way. I use male gender pronouns because we all know men are smarter than women. Even if he is not right and there is no god, he is smarter than you and will convince you otherwise.
>>
>tfw don't want or need to believe in God but thinking of faking it just to have the company of some nice Christian people
>>
>>25266603
This, it's not something you just think about and say "yeah that makes sense", you have to experience it. There are lots of ways of coming into mystical experiences, there are a lot of channels in the brain that allow you to see and experience holy revelations. It's something you have to feel and go through, you have to go out and do things to make it happen. You can't sit in your room all day jerking off, posting on 4chan, and expect to find the divine. You have to go out, experience things, meet the people around you, engage in religious activities, meditate and pray, really think about the things you're experiencing and try to incorporate them into your life.
>>
Try some kind of dissociative I guess.

I don't know, though, I'm just schizophrenic and have read that the experience is similar.
>>
>>25266701

I had some intense religious experiences when I was psychotic. Maybe this is what all those religious people are after
>>
>>25266531
Look at it this way, it's a logical way of promoting personal happiness because. A, it was wrong you die and cease to exist but that's okay because when that happens your personal beliefs don't matter anyways or. B, it was right and your far better off.
>>
Personally, I like the thought of complete oblivion more than an afterlife. The thought of existing forever in some other plane of reality is honestly kind of freaky to me, so I would like to completely die when my body fails.
>>
>>25266718
Me too, when I was manic I felt this all-encompassing love for humanity. I got chills down my spine thinking about how we're all connected in a very deep and spiritual way. My senses were so profound, it felt like I was floating outside my body. It was like I was on acid or something. I felt like this intense urge to figure out the divine truth of humanity, to figure out why we're here and what we have to do here. It felt like there was a higher medium of consciousness that I was on the verge of breaking through into, and I was going to take the whole world with me. I was like a fucking prophet or something. When they committed me, they put me in these robes that made me look like Jesus and I was laughing my ass off until I cried because I really thought I was going to combine the minds of all mankind into one supraconsciousness.
>>
>>25266687
Bullshit. If that were true, there wouldnt be missionaries. Besides, most religious people are force fed that shit as children. I've been exposed to Christianity all my life but I'm still not convinced. But I don't necessary think spiritual individuals are ignorant, I just don't get it myself. I guess God made me this way.
>>
>>25266749
Pascal's wager is retarded. Consider: christianity is wrong but some other religion is right and you get punished for non-belief. Suddenly you lose something for believing and being wrong, AND you lose something for disbelieving and being wrong.
>>
>>25266866
But in that situation you would still be boned by being aethist (think I spelled that wrong) and if aethism isn't making you happy why the hell wouldn't you make that gamble? If I get to choose between 100% chance of fucked and 90% I'll try that 90%.
>>
>>25266832
What's your diagnosis anon?
>>
>>25267224
Schizoaffective disorder. The hallucinations aren't too debilitating, I actually kind of like them. They're like micro-dreams. Sometimes I think I might have some kind of sleep disorder that makes me dream while I'm awake, because I'm not like hearing voices and seeing things while I'm walking around doing my every day life, it's only when I'm relaxed and closing my eyes.
>>
>>25266687

>you have to brainwash yourself or jump to illogical conclusions to feel God

lel they aren't even trying to hide it anymore
>>
>>25267347
Well obviously you can't get the full effects of food if you're eating Hot Pockets and Captain Crunch, you have to go out and taste gourmet foods and go through the full experience. Religious experiences have to be sought out like anything else.
>>
>>25266623
You sound like an old man, you realize threatening people(with hell)doesn't make them believe in a god right?
>>
>>25267565
Visit my website for the full argument:

hownew.ru
>>
>>25267601
>taking the bait
Looks like you're the one who's new
>>
>>25266531
Narcissism is holding you back. You are too self-absorbed to find meaning in anything else.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.