[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What excuse do you have for not fixing your life? You could
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: 1427368242470.jpg (114 KB, 625x505) Image search: [Google]
1427368242470.jpg
114 KB, 625x505
What excuse do you have for not fixing your life?

You could move out, lose some weight, get a job, all sorts of things to improve your quality of life. Why haven't you yet?
>>
There's no reason to do it
>>
Because I'm not strong enough.
>>
I'm not interested in being part of this society.
>>
>>25265183
because im not a fat ass like some of you and I dont have my license
>>
>>25265208
you don't have to be a "part of this society" to stop fucking whining about how the world doesnt hand you everything you elliot roget ass cuck muthafucka
>>
File: 1450678533784.png (1 MB, 1516x1076) Image search: [Google]
1450678533784.png
1 MB, 1516x1076
>>25265183
but there's nothing to fix really

I don't live with my parents
I'm not fat
I have a job and I'm in college

that doesn't change the fact that I will always be a social outcast, at this point I don't mind and I have no desire to 'fix' it.
>>
>>25265280
It's amazing how you were able to determine all that from my post.
>>
>being a wagecuck will fix your life
>>
>>25265183
I live off my fake autism, have no interest for anything other than contemplating the miracle of life.
>>
Because I do not have a plan.
>>
>>25265183
There's no guarantee that if I improve myself I'll better my quality of life

If there was a 100% chance that if I did something productive that my life would improve I'd do so in a heartbeat but that's not how reality works
>>
>>25265201
>>25265204
>>25265208
all of the above.
my end is soon, within the next year at most, parents will kick me to the curb and watch me fail spectacularly.
>>
I already did fix my life, I joined the Navy. I'm still not sure if it was worth it to sell out my ideals to do so, but the pay is nice. Once I get my health/stress issues sorted out (at taxpayer expense) and I start getting /fit/, I should be practically Chad-tier.
>>
You could do all that and still be miserable and/or alone
>>
>Move out
I could easily afford it, but I save more when I live at home. It's so I can buy my own flat faster. I might rent after all if I meet a girl to live with, but >implying

>Lose weight
I should work out, true, I'm just lazy shit

>Get a job
N/A
>>
File: 1434834523112.jpg (19 KB, 217x320) Image search: [Google]
1434834523112.jpg
19 KB, 217x320
Because I'm gonna die no matter how much I improve my life. Why bother. I'm gonna an hero anyways
>>
I'm pretty good where I am, I have a job and did move out. I could lose some weight.
>>
>>25265183
>You could move out, lose some weight, get a job,

I did all of this.

Life is still shit.
>>
File: 1436445358382.png (463 KB, 500x515) Image search: [Google]
1436445358382.png
463 KB, 500x515
Because I get to pick my own shifts, work only nights, can take a week off if I please

I only pay 170 a month in rent so the rest goes to saving up for vidya, figures and holidays

I should lose some fucking weight though
>>
>>25265387
It depends. What is your goal? Is it striving for a perceived perfect life or being happy? Little questions posed like that reveal the small secrets that may change one's life. Always listen to your emotions but don't be slave of them. An internal problem with your spirit is as easy to fix as any other problem, where is smoke there's fire.
>>
>>25265183
Cannot not think of anything that would possibly improve my life for an extended period of time. It would only get worse again after that.

>get a job
Right now I have everything provided for me and I need more money. If I worked to keep my lifestyle sustainable in the future that wouldn't be "fixing" anything, it would just be prolonging the status quo.
Plus there's an extremely high probability of being forced to do work I hate for people who treat me like trash. So if I did end up working for my living it would actually make my life worse.
>get fit
That still won't make anyone love me. I'm too ugly. And even if it made people approach me, they'd still just get bored of me after talking to me for 4 seconds and move on.
>get a gf
Inevitably I would want her more than she wants me. We would share happy times and then one day she'd get bored of me and drop me like I never meant anything to her. This would make my life worse, not better. Alternatively, consider the "chad" method. I stop giving a fuck about her and use her for sex, and don't allow her to see me vulnerable. That wouldn't give me any validation because I've just become someone else, and deep down I know I am still unloved; add the fact that it would take an extreme amount of effort on my part to completely change my appearance and construct a social mask, when I could be spending that time enjoying myself on whatever meager hobbies I have left.

In every conceivable case there is only very short term satisfaction, and then long term disappointment. An heroing is really the only option. It's actually a fantastic option and really quite rational if you think about it. If you can endure just a brief moment of pain and fear, you can completely eliminate all pain now and forever. I think that's the ultimate way of improving yourself

>then why don't you just kill yourself instead of whining about it to strangers?
I'm working on it, just come here to get my thoughts out occasionally.
>>
>>25265183
because I've seen through a part I wasn't supposed to
I can see the bullshit designed to keep my content and willing to work and provide for people I don't care about and in many cases I hate
and now that I have, there's no going back, no way I can just go back to being an ordinary 9-5 guy who gets married to a former slut at age 25, provides for her, becomes an alcoholic when she leaves and takes my kids, and then eventually dies alone

I'd rather die now
>>
>>25265488
>and I need more money

and I don't need more money*

I live comfortably enough
>>
>>25265183
I'm doing the losing weight part right now and then I'm going to work on everything else to better myself.
It's still ruff since no man is ever going to love a woman with saggy skin and my dream is to spend my life with someone. I guess I'll decide after losing the weight if I just want to off myself instead.
>>
>>25265183
>move out
Not financially viable.
>lose some weight
Already skinny.
>get a job
Had one, lost my mind and lost it.
>>
I'm working on it. Finally found a career I liked doing, moving up to a real position in it requires a degree, so I'm in college working on that.

My frustrations mostly come from how long I have to go until my life is on track, I'll probably be in my mid-30s by the time I have a stable job with good pay and a decent place of my own and can start trying to date. Until then, I'm stuck on a minimal income and living in my parents house and so can't even think about trying to get laid or anything.
>>
>>25265183
>move out
I'd be broke within 6 months
>get a job
Already have a wageslave job, it's horrid and pays ass
>lose some weight
Already a skelly
>>
>>25265183
>You could move out, lose some weight, get a job, all sorts of things to improve your quality of life. Why haven't you yet?

I've done all those things. I'm a guaranteed virgin for life.
>>
>>25265183
Because every time I try to better myself life shits on me and I fail miserably.
>>
Objectively, I'm doing well, so there's nothing broken that needs fixing. But, my struggle is how to enhance it so I can feel more useful than just working a dumb job, worrying about money, pleb shit, really.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.