[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw your skype friend doesn't show up online anymore
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: Screenshot (55).png (6 KB, 506x161) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (55).png
6 KB, 506x161
>tfw your skype friend doesn't show up online anymore
It hurts. I really wanted to make it work but didn't get the chance to try.

How do you keep a conversation going when you're both robot aspies?
>>
>>25259540
I don't, I find a non-robot aspie to talk to to balance out conversations
>>
I got really lucky and shes just the most lovable person ever. Shes my gf now but Im not sure what she sees in my because I'm trash but I did something to win her over.
>>
>>25259588
The problem in my experience is that normals are distracted by having multiple conversations with their friends going on at the same time so they can't really give a robot the sort of conversation they're looking for.

I don't want or need to be the center of attention, but if the other person takes 5-10 minutes to respond every time I get really anxious for some reason.
>>
I'm not talking to any of my skype friends anymore. It's just a waste of your time 100%
>>
>>25259540
Ive been having this trouble too, maybe I am uninteresting, but I carry all the conversations I am in with people from 4chan.

Maybe we should talk
>>
>>25259657
I've noticed a change in the way people have online conversations in the smart phone/normie book age.

I have about ~4 conversations going with normie friends (2 live in same city, 2 live in different cities and time zones) and it seems that you just kind of, type a thing and then go on doing whatever. They'll reply when they see the message, sometimes that'll be right away, sometimes it'll be hours or days. Sometimes they don't reply *shrug*

No more "hi! whats up" kinda thing, just messaging each other interesting links or asking questions or telling them something cool etc.

It's like, you're assumed to be connected always, unlike in the MSN/IRC/ICQ days where you'd pop online and have to be at a computer, if you know what i mean?
>>
>>25259657
Not the anon you are replying to, but i agree with him.
Yeah what you are saying is true, normals will indeed take longer to reply. But there is a select few that will actually try to keep conversations going instead of making you wait, which I hate too.

To be honest, unless you have an external thing to comment on like a video game, two robots just doesn't work out.

The only people I talk to are ones that are able to make conversation out of anything and even then I manage to create dead air often.
>>
Whenever I meet people from here we never have anything to talk about, and when I show interest in something I don't know it's usually assumed I'm patronizing because even though I'm an emotional infant I have a job and go to college so I must be a chad.

This conversation actually happened.
>I'm into Anime X, Y, Z.
>Oh I don't watch much anime, is it anything like G?
>No. It's more character driven.
>oh. Like how?
>Just go to this website and read. I'm not explaining the entire plot to you.
>o-okay, so what games do you play?
>Mostly fighter games because I'm good at them.
>I don't know things, is that like MOBAs or Mortal Kombat?
>Mortal Kombat is NOT a fighter game.

Eventually I just stopped talking to this guy because it was constantly like this.
>>
>>25259817
>Mostly fighter games because I'm good at them.
>I don't know things, is that like MOBAs or Mortal Kombat?

Maybe people don't want to talk to you because you're a fucking idiot
>>
>>25259733
I know exactly what you mean. 10 years ago if you were in a conversation with someone it really meant that you were in it. Not responding would've been pretty much equal to walking out on someone while talking irl. Nowadays you can't really expect anyone to respond at all, since you're constantly connected all the time. Now it's more like you're both people in the same room occasionally shouting something to each other from across the other end.
>>
File: 1450658490266.jpg (28 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
1450658490266.jpg
28 KB, 500x366
>>25259834
y-you're him aren't you?

Let's talk about my love for RTS games and see how far you go before looking like a fucking idiot.
>>
File: 1525414523433.jpg (142 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1525414523433.jpg
142 KB, 600x600
>find friend
>talk to him 24/7 on skype
>literally connect with him on all topics
>makes some small mention of him might being able to get a gf
>only hear from him like once a day
>once a day turns into once a week
>once a week turns into once a month or something
>always replies late
>eventually stops replying

FUCK YOU MATT, YOU WERE MY ONLY TRUE FRIEND M8, I HOPE YOURE HAPPY NOW FAGGOT.

Let this be a lesson, never trust people from the UK
>>
>>25259853
I'm pretty sure if you don't know the difference between fighting games and mobas you don't know jack shit about RTSes either you fucking dumb retard
>>
>>25259853
>Let's talk about my love for RTS games
I'm not that guy or your friend, but what shit taste. Autistic map painters are what's in
>>
File: Capture.png (56 KB, 263x112) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
56 KB, 263x112
>>25259899
Oh man get a load of this guy. I'm sure people are lined up to be your skype friend. edgy/10
>>
How do you even talk to multiple people at once?

Just a second person chatting me up creates a high stress situation for me.

Do I just talk about the exact same things as with the first person?
Because that's how it often seems to be.
>add someone from skype thread
>have conversation about feels we both feel
>add another someone
>have literally exact conversation again
>rinse and repeat
>sometimes you have the same conversation with multiple people at once
Is it supposed to be like this?
>>
>>25259934
>RTS
>crusader kings 2
1200 hours playtime and you still don't know what type of game you're playing. Definitely a screw loose up there.
>>
>>25259894
was going to express my sympathies but then realized youre a tripfag

get fucked attention whore
>>
>>25260000
I can't be mad at those quads faggot.
>>
Post Skype usernames. I need friends.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.