[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why should i be a good person
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7
File: tumblr_nzknv6r5Zk1s5e5bko3_500.gif (1 MB, 500x215) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzknv6r5Zk1s5e5bko3_500.gif
1 MB, 500x215
I need reasons to keep being a good person. I'm so sick of keeping with the moral high grounds and following strict ethical standards.

i keep getting into situations that test my moral standards and stay on track while other more privileged people can just ignore these things. I am so sick of suffering and allowing myself to feel shitty about myself.

i follow your strict SJW standards and have nothing in return. there is no reason to be politically correct, righteous, and a good citizen when nihilism and harm produce results.

im going to be as aggressive as I want to be so go fuck yourself. its exhausting being arab because you constantly have to be on good behavior even in private because you always run the threat of police suspicion. go fuck yourself. there are so many people in the country that are absolute assholes and my privacy has become the victim due to no fault of my own. I am a second class citizen because of my race. blacks and other minorities have their voices such as the NAACP while I have to keep silent about gathering arabs to talk about pertinent issues.

so tell me /r9k/ why they fuck should i be a good person? why shouldn't I practice my sociopathy? why shouldn't i leave trails of devastation everywhere I go? people are so stupid it's so easy. I look past that and genuinely do good in the world and have followed your standards. why should i keep listening to society?
>>
>>25257930
Welcome to the red pill.
>>
File: what can i say nigga.gif (1 MB, 291x260) Image search: [Google]
what can i say nigga.gif
1 MB, 291x260
>>25257930
if you have to pretend to be good, you probably never were

i'm not saying that's wrong. but no one should be expected to act outside of their true nature
>>
>>25258015
lul true nature? We been programmed to act a certain way. It's not a man's true nature to be beta nor is it to be "good" or "bad"
>>
>>25257930
>why they fuck should i be a good person?
being an sjw shill is closer to being a blind sheep. Maybe you're angry because you've been trying to be a bad person.
>>
File: frustrated.gif (640 KB, 480x204) Image search: [Google]
frustrated.gif
640 KB, 480x204
>be at one of the biggest universities in the US
>#justanumber
>have a foreign indian friend who is a great guy
>he's really friendly and wants to produce music
>he starts talking to some girls
>one girl in particular he really likes
>they start publicly flirting
>then one day she stops, because she has a boyfriend
>indian friend was never aware of this
>next week he gets filed with a sexual harassment case
>the girl said she was being stalked
>absolute bullshit and everyone knows it
>he gets suspended and then expelled because the girl was guilty not because of any harm he caused
>he is currently homeless

here's where it gets funny, we are mandated to read To Kill a Mockingbird across the country in high school
>literally the same issue
>he was in the same position as Tom Robinson
>the entire town does not want him partly because of his skin color so they accuse him of something he didn't do

he's homeless right now and might have to return to india. why are people so fucking horrible?
>>
>>25258062
i think you misunderstood

i'm telling him not to care about those concepts
>>
You're too much of an angsty edgy bitter sour grapes rejected faggot to ever actually be a real sociopath. Sociopaths only care about getting theirs, whether they are compliant with society's moral code or not. The concept of "moral high ground" doesn't even exist to them except as theater for the neurotypical chumps. It's a brain disease as much as autism or ADHD is.

The fact that you have to debate whether or not to be a sociopath or post this pathetic desperate thread that's basically thinly veiled begging for a bluepill shows you ain't got what it takes.

Let's be real for a second, if you weren't getting into trouble with the law, doing drugs and banging the hottest girl in school at 15 (while not having chad genetics) you will get chewed up by other dark triads who recognize your insecure posturing.
>>
Following the rules of society is supposed to ensure that society will support you when you have bad luck and give you the benefit of the doubt. If you feel that society is not supporting you and doesn't care about you, it's natural to wonder why you should follow the rules.

Specifically, what is it that you think society is doing to be unfair to you?
>>
File: apathetic.gif (869 KB, 192x192) Image search: [Google]
apathetic.gif
869 KB, 192x192
>>25258066
>>25258015
it might steam from the fact that people genuinely think they're superior, but humans are innately selfish, destructive people. you have to have self control, there's not doubting that.

I am a good person but you see the other side, and the grass is greener. I don't try to be a good person, I am a good person.

but good people are usually the one's that have the eat the shit that society produces. why would you want to have to deal with how horrible people are when you can be horrible and live a better simpler life?
>>
>>25258181
why are you so mad? what are you projecting? what nerve did i hit?

I've been rejected but I have my fair share of success. I'm not some autist NEET, I have my shit together.

i don't want to be a sociopath but there are no doubts that I would be an extremely effective one.
>>
>>25258298
>there are no doubts that I would be an extremely effective one.
Posting this thread itself is indicative of doubt.

If you have to ask, it's not for you.
>>
File: Condi_rice.jpg (115 KB, 600x1087) Image search: [Google]
Condi_rice.jpg
115 KB, 600x1087
>>25258191
the rules are not in place to help anyone out. the entire system is an inefficient bureaucracy staffed with people who succumb to the whim of politics and corrupt public opinions.

there are many great welfare and transfer payment programs out there but they have not produced any sustainable results.

i don't want to start a career and then get fired because ISIS did something stupid and spread fear, uncertainty, and despair which ultimately just harms me.

there is a sizeable majority of people who would not want me at a fucking family dinner because they have some racist uncle or grandparent.

i work hard, study, exercise and lift, volunteer, travel, and genuinely have a good time with people and keep a positive attitude. society needs to get its shit together and remove the insecurities, jealousy, bigotry, hate, superiority that it constantly fosters. people need to understand that their actions have consequences
>>
Fuck the SJWs say whatever the fuck you want OP.
>>
>>25258361
maybe you should go fuck yourself and realize that there might be multiple reasons why i fucking post including to vent frustrations.

sociopathy is not some exclusive club. its something that whiny bitches who drank the kool aid do
>>
why are people answering to a copypasta?
>>
>>25258472
>>25258472
if i sound like one then its already too late

i was hoping my story wasn't common
>>
>>25258577
well at least here in r9k it's the third time i've seen something pretty much exactly like this, but well, if this is not bait, the answer is probably: if you want to be surrounded by good people you gotta be a good person, because good people usually avoid bad people.
>>
>>25258644
I might just have to become a fuckboy
>>
>>25258757
why would you become a fuckboy?
>>
>>25258767
i would use woman for sex because the game doesn't favor people with character like mine
>>
>>25258800
if you can be happy that way, go ahead
>>
File: panda.gif (499 KB, 462x320) Image search: [Google]
panda.gif
499 KB, 462x320
>>25258767
i would use effective communication techniques that are based on incredibly shallow and hostile behavior
examples:
>texts limited to a couple words
>texts with no emotion at all
>not even texting back
>not showing passion for things outside of vidya and sports
>spreading gossip

its more effective than genuine human connection. nowadays I get more meaningful and fulfilling conversations from cleverbot. i wish that wasn't true
>>
>>25258876
if you can be happy that way, go ahead...
i don't know why people think the goal is anything other than happiness... the goal is not to become rich, it's to buy things that'll probably make you happy, the goal is not to fuck bitches, it's to find happiness in sex...

Hell, if i could reprogram my mind to feel eternal bliss i would even if the price were my entire personality.

So just ask yourself if you can be happy acting your entire personality, not trusting anyone and not having any meaningful relationship for the rest of your life, if the answer is yes, i say go for it.
>>
>>25257930
>my privacy has become the victim due to no fault of my own. I am a second class citizen because of my race

Lol should have thought about that before being a fucking infidel terrorist. Fucking Jihadis will never understand.
>>
>>25258968
happiness is an outcome but not the only one

productivity and contribution to society and family are others

all systems of public rules are meant to provide a structured approach to live a normal life. when the are blatant and widespread examples of entities breaking public rules while you are suffering from following them, what incentive do we have? when public officials and public organizations are not ethical and moral, what good is it to give yourself a handicap by following the rules?
>>
>>25259059
well, people seek productivity and contribution to society and family as a means to achieve happiness, there is no selfless act, people won't do something if there isn't hope that it will translate to happiness sooner or later.

Also, i don't know about your happiness, but to obtain mine i don't need to be good for the systems of public rules, i just need to be good for the people i care about.
>>
File: olmec.jpg (39 KB, 500x372) Image search: [Google]
olmec.jpg
39 KB, 500x372
>>25257930
Stop thinking about people as "good" and "bad". There are just people, with varying amounts of empathy, who make choices based on many variables.

The question you should be asking is "why do I keep doing good things for other people?" and the answer is: you don't have any obligation to. You can let others be or actively harm them as well, which would be neutral or "bad" respectively.

But the choice is yours and yours alone.
>>
Nice tumblr gif
Fuck off
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.