[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Art And Science Of /Comf/-Maxxing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 20151121_232831.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
20151121_232831.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
A topic I've been thinking about lot lately is that of comfiness; specifically, how to maximize the frequency that it occurs in our lives. We all know that comfiness, zen or whatever you call it is the ultimate state in a robot's life; yet so few of us ever take action to achieve it. With that in mind I have compiled a list of actions that, if taken consistently, will lead you to that ultimate ideal we call a 'comfy existence.'

> 1. Invest in a good mattress.

A good mattress does so much for you in terms of maximizing COMF. I recommend a queen size Tuft and Needle Mattress... It's $600 but many of these types of mattresses routinely cost like $2500 so it's a good deal.

https://www.tuftandneedle.com/mattress/shop

> 2. Work as a freelancer from home.

I personally make a living as a freelance web dev on sites like UpWork and Elance, allowing me to earn money from my bedroom. No dealing with normies IRL = comfmaxxing.

> 3. Ready Comfy literature.

The essays of schopenhauer are a particularly good example of comfy literature. This helps you attain that 'comfy' mindset that follows you throughout your day.

> 4. Eat comfy food

Roast chicken, chicken noodle soup, lasagne, pizza, baked potatoes, french onion soup, mac and cheese, sausages, etc.

I'm sure there are many other suggestions out there for increasing the COMFINESS of one's day to day existence, so don't be shy to share them.
>>
>>25257562
Bump in original style
>>
>>25257654

I found an excellent article on how to make your bed more comfy:

http://www.bobvila.com/slideshow/10-simple-ingredients-for-a-very-comfortable-bed-47603#.Vn4wc5MrIb3
>>
Fuck y'all I'm bumping this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIHq4spb9mc
>>
Actual meditation is a really good way to get comfy. Just focus on breath and forgive people.
>>
I felt this way recently. I was more aware of myself and my surroundings, and all was okay with the world. I want it to be like this all the time.
>>
>>25258409

I'm trying to quit my chronic alcoholism... I think that will help me to become COMFY.
>>
>>25257562
>don't abuse substances
>comfy chair for computer
>comfy couch for sitting and snoozing
>temperature control for comfy environment, not being too warm or too cool is critical for max comfy
>comfy clothes to wear around
>>
>>25258660

Great tips, I'm hoping others will contribute some more.
>>
File: Going HAM.png (669 KB, 627x628) Image search: [Google]
Going HAM.png
669 KB, 627x628
>Invest in good mattress
Yes. Mother of God, YES! After sleeping on the same shit, cheap mattress we bought when we got married in 2004, we used our tax refund in 2014 to buy an entire new bedroom set. We did spend about $600 on the mattress, but we bought it at a warehouse store, and anywhere else it probably would have been a $1400 mattress. Every. Single. Time. I get in my bed I thank the tiny or baby Jesus for allowing me such comfort. I have no earthly idea how I slept for 10 fucking years on that other piece of shit.
>Work from home
Check. It's only part time, because I'm a soul-sucking miserable femanon and my "Chad" "Alpha-male" husband makes the real monies, but it's really the best way. You have to have the motivation to do shit yourself, which can be hard sometimes, and you need to be able to fully focus on your work without getting distracted, but if you can manage it, it's pretty sweet. I manage because I am freelancing, but the work i am doing is for a good friend of mine, and I know that if I don't get my shit done, then she has to do it, and the guilt factor works. She works a hell of a lot harder than I do.
>Read comfy literature.
I've got to assume that this is pretty relative, but my max comfy lit is books I've already read or National Geographic or Smithsonian magazines. Comfy to me is intriguing, but not gong to keep me awake after.
>Comfy food.
well, it's whatever is your favorite. Learn to cook your favorite dishes, and you've got uit made.
>>
>>25258879
lmao shut up roastie
>>
File: Judge Doom.jpg (54 KB, 849x465) Image search: [Google]
Judge Doom.jpg
54 KB, 849x465
>>25258911
Go fuck your mother, you frog-posting waste of life :)
>>
>>25258911
>>25258971
not /comfy/

more /comfy/ tips:
>keep a good sleep schedule, aim for 8 hours
>plants are pretty /comfy/
>soft lighting
>light exercise (like walking) is super /comfy/ with a good audio book
>>
>>25259083

Yeah the light-reading thing is quite spot-on.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.