[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There are two brain hemispheres
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: brain_hemispheres.jpg (40 KB, 327x285) Image search: [Google]
brain_hemispheres.jpg
40 KB, 327x285
Anyone else kind of creeped out that there are two hemispheres that make up your brain and each on is in many ways functioning without dependence on the other? Do you think your sense of identity is really only being applied to one of them and there's another person calling the shots on your life in the other hemisphere who you just don't have direct access to hear thoughts from?

Do you think your other hemisphere judges the dominant one you identify with? Could it secretly resent you?
>>
I don't think so, even if it hated you it would want to do the best for you since it needs you to survive.
>>
>>25254939

>it would want to do the best for you since it needs you to survive

That's only if it's rational. My guess is for most people, the non-dominant hemisphere is irrational and could develop negative feelings for the conscious mind of the other hemisphere.
>>
>>25254895
>in many ways functioning without dependence on the other
Sorry, that's not how it works.The cerebral hemispheres are mutually interdependent in a host of ways. They specialize functionally to a certain extent, but your consciousness and interactions with the world are a function of the totality. You don't "identify" with one or the other - that's unbelievably simplistic bullshit.

BTW I'm a clinical and forensic neuropsychologist.
>>
>>25255031
>for most people, the non-dominant hemisphere is irrational and could develop negative feelings for the conscious mind of the other hemisphere

Utter nonsense
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.