[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/Living situation General/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 12
File: image.jpg (9 KB, 240x232) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
9 KB, 240x232
Sup independent bots?
Let's talk about /paying rent/
How much do you pay in rent?
Where do you live?
Any roommates?

Please, if you live with parents, do not tell me about it. I know it'd be super edgy and cool but please, please don't.

>A 1br here is like 800/mo
>literally be more than half of what I'd make working full time
>Feels pretty bad
>>
I rent a bedroom for 250 dollars.
>>
>>25250841
>860 a month
>3x1 inner city perth, western australia
>share with chad bro
>>
800/mo? Damn you guys got it good.

-California anon
>>
>>25250841
Have a 2 bedroom house in a nice area, my mortgage is $500 a month. Live in Midwest.
>>
Inherited a travel trailer. Live in a gated park in the middle of Niggerville for $650 plus electric.
>>
>>25251170
That's it? 500? Sweet deal. Im Midwest too, MN metro area, I wish i could find something that cheap. Been homeless since June and I srsly can't handle roommates. I assume you have credit and A good job and shit. Good for you anon
>>
>>25250841

>almost 2016
>still paying rent like a faggot just to feel like an adult

i will never understand why pay so much just to have a roof over your head. i live with my parents and pay NOTHING. if you dont have kids AND a working partner, why bother?
>>
>>25250861
How many roommates? In a small city? What's the situation?
>>
>>25251308
I live in rural western Maryland. I have one roommate and a landlord.
>>
$1510
Alexandria, VA inside 495
No roommates
No pets
Live alone
>>
>>25251299
Dude I would kill you with a fucking butterknife if it meant I could live at home again. Trust me I want to. I'm 21, Mom is wealthy because dad died and shit too. Left me an inheritance but supposedly I can't have it until I'm 28.
Anyway she won't let me come home or even answer the phone when I call. Actually blocked me again today.
Count your blessings faggot
>>
>>25250841
Me and my friend live in a 2 bedroom apartment for $600 a month, and I live in middle of nowhere Kansas

He's got 2 jobs, and I've got one decent paying one so we have plenty of extra cash for utilities, internet, etc
>>
Just moved into new apartment a week ago. Job falls through, so I can only afford one more week of rent ($250). Got in a car accident and have to pay $900 in damages. Can't pay it in time, and am being threatened with court, and having to pay their legal costs. Plus a bunch of other financial shit, rendering me pretty much fucked.
>>
>>25251328
Sweet ass deal. I think I'm gonna make my way away from the city where I can find a situation like that. Then get a overnight job or some other robot-friendly shit and I'm set.
>>
>>25251291
Yeah $500. It's a small house though but I live by my self so it's enough for me. Got a fenced back yard with 2 pine trees and a decent deck. I found a much better job recently, I had a shittier job when I bought my house last year. My credit is 780. You said you are homeless, where do you live at? Are you working?
>>
>>25250841
Zero. I am a student and live with mommy and daddy.

I am a fucking manchild and still need to get kiss hugs from my mommy before i go to bed too.
>>
>>25251291

I like to fuck in different rooms. And I'm 29 years old ffs, thank god I don't live with my parents.
>>
>>25251382
At a shelter in St. Paul. I worked for a guy for like 3 weeks as a carpenter assistant and helped him paint and shit but he found someone else. I'm going to try find a job but I have social anxiety x100 and may or may not have a non-violent property damage felonh on my record which makes a legit job hard to get.
Fuck my shit up forever family
>>
i wish I lived alone, I don't know the first thing about moving out.

My mother did everything in her power to raise me to be dependent on her and withheld information about growing up. She didn't teach me how to be independent.

What are some hidden costs to living alone people don't tell you, besides the obvious rent and food?
>>
>>25251440
What about your family? Can you move in with your parents?
>>
>>25251499
>transportation, or gas money
>health insurance
>cleaning supplies
>furniture
>kitchen supplies
theres a lot of stuff
>>
>>25251499
Bills, insurance, reliable transportation so you can get to work. As long as you have a steady job and can save money it's not that hard to live on your own.
>>
>>25251510
I posted about this higher up. Dad dead, mom a stubborn tough-love baby boomer cunt. Hasnt answered the phone in 6 months or called in over a year. Yeah I think I'm gonna try move to a small town where I can get a shit job and be comfy in peace.
>>
>>25251585
That sucks annon, your mom sounds like a horrible parent to abbendon her kid. Smaller towns definitely have cheaper cost of living. What do you do in your spare time?
>>
File: 1411409995611.png (94 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
1411409995611.png
94 KB, 396x385
>>25251585
If she ever reaches out to you, you should give her the cold shoulder too
>>
>>25250841
>Reno NV, Burgerland
>350/mo + utilities
Almost complete use of 2-car garage too, it's gonna be hard to move anywhere else.
>>
>How much do you pay in rent?
540 euro a month, close to 600 with bills
>Where do you live?
Dublin, since end of May
>Any roommates?
Yeah two randomers. Both lovely people but lazy as fuck around the house, I do 90 percent of the cleaning and organizing and it pisses me off

Any idea how to approach this problem?
>>
File: 1417932017846.jpg (33 KB, 457x480) Image search: [Google]
1417932017846.jpg
33 KB, 457x480
>2 br, 700/mo
>I pay 350 and half the utilities, which are never more than like 100
>Houston
>I live with my sister, we get along very well, like good friends
feelsgoodman
>>
>>25251680
you can stop being the cleaning cuck and see how filthy the place gets and see if they do anything about it
>>
>>25251812
I've tested that already, there's been dishes sitting unwashed for over a week before, and I know the kitchen floor's gone un-mopped for over a month at times
>>
>>25251353

Is it $600 for the each of you or $600 total?
>>
>live in cheap ass city (atlanta)
>have a robot room mate
>rent is 300 a month each
>we never interact since we're introverts

I'm happy with it. I want to be completely alone eventually but I still have 6 months on this lease.
>>
Current mortgage $2300 / month for a 4br place. Around here in CA, that's a pretty good deal, but am selling and moving to VA. There, my new place will be $1700 / month, still 4br.
>>
File: 1451006344299.jpg (77 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
1451006344299.jpg
77 KB, 409x409
>live with my parents
>they live a 10 minute walk away from college
>also live in one of the best parts of town with easy access to everything
>pay no rent and get to use their car whenever I want

Feel bad for you homecucks though. I'm sure living alone or with a complete stranger is just as good though. Better pay that rent to your landlord, Mr. Bergenstein, before he kicks you out on your ass!
>>
360 euro (around 500 with all utilities included), living with my gf

house is pretty huge for just the 2 of us, we're trying to get enough furniture to fill it all up, can't complain about that

it's a bit cold though for various reasons and the landlord lives next to us which is a bit awkward
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 499x499
>>25252075
Here's the attention you wanted
>>
>Chicago (loop)
>$250
>3 roommates
>3 bedrooms, 1.5 bath
>living room (that's why is so cheap

>>25251680
Sit down with them all and make a schedule. Perhaps organize some sort of penalty if they repeatedly neglect them.

If the problem persists, inform the landlord. Even if the landlord gives no shit, at least you can't be held accountable. Email helps.

Keep reminding your roommates.

Then, only do your share of cleaning. Watch as the apartment turns into a pigsty. When the lease is up, remind the landlord you did your fair share of work and tried to get the other guys to clean their act up. The other guys will either have to leave or face what ever penalty your landlord has in store.

Id advise to try not to make this look like some sort of two so they don't smash your shit and leave town.

I was in a situation like yours about half a year ago. The landlord said he would not renew the lease because of how messy it was. I told him I had been cleaning the whole apartment for a while but I had no proof. However, because I asked first, and because I cleaned the entire place up, he let me take over the lease ad I kicked the others out. They were nice guys, but I like where I live.
>>
>>25252206
>some sort of trap
Fixed
>>
>>25250841
Lived with 3 guys for awhile, but in august I moved back to MA and am bunkered down with the mistress. My advice is if you're NEET stay away from couples.

The girl will get you kicked out.

Vacationing in ski state atm tho
>>
File: generic_human_dewlling.jpg (2 MB, 1698x1131) Image search: [Google]
generic_human_dewlling.jpg
2 MB, 1698x1131
>earn six figures+ per yearly quarter
>live in big, big house all by myself
>there are sex dolls in here
>>
>>25251706
you guys ever do sex
>>
>>25251680

You stop being an annoying housewife cunt and just take care of your own space.
>>
>>25251348
She is scamming you. You need an attorney to check the will. You need probate court. If you don't claim it after some time you will not be able to claim it!
>>
File: image.jpg (124 KB, 586x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
124 KB, 586x700
I'm at university in Canterbury living with 5 mates of mine, we all go to Uni. Pay about 80 pounds a week in rent, still gotta pay for bills though, but its pretty good.

Only lived there 4 months, first time living away from parents and its fun as fuck.
>>
>>25251368
That's fucking rough man. I sincerely hope things work out and you pull through this year.
>>
>>25250841
>325, no utilities
>friend's parents addition
>yes, 1

Normal two bedrooms are 600+ all utils at the absolute lowest
>>
>>25250841
I pay zero dolaroos.
I live with my grandparents but I got an entire floor for me, separate entrance and everything.
No roommates.

It gets lonely.
>>
>>25252618
It's been 4 years but I know he left an equal inheritance specifically for me and each of my siblings. Probably like 50-100k.
It'd definitely be worth investigating but I remember a couple years ago I asked to see the will and my mom wouldn't let me.
Even if it is specified that my dad wanted me to be 28, could an exception be made despite what the will/my mom says since I've spent more than half a year homeless and truly NEED it? I'm sure my dad jus assumed I'd go to college and have a nice career and be okay until I'm 28 but that's not at all how it turned out.
>>
>>25250841
I pay 21 pounds a month for my flat because the rent is 421 pounds but housing benefit covers 400 pounds. God bless England.
>>
Mortgage on my house is about 6k a month.
>>
I live in a van and park it behind a 24/hour gym.

I got my sink, shower, place to lift weights, warm bed, etc all at $50 in plates per month.
>>
>>25250841
i have a 2 bedroom suite in the lower level of a house. the house is on a hill so half the suite is ground level and half is basement. it's pretty nice, just cold in winter. $900/month. Canada. No roommates. I work full-time.
>>
>>25254124
BAHAHAHAHAH kuckold faggot why do you need a mortgage that big? Oh yeah you need to keep up with the Joneses
>>
>>25254173
NYC senpai. House has doubled in value since I bought it, so jokes on you desu.
>>
>>25253299
No she's scamming you. If you don't claim it soon she will get all of it.
>>
>>25253299
>and my mom wouldn't let me

She is fucking you over. Get a lawyer asap, something is obviously wrong.
>>
File: uzLrg2P.png (18 KB, 509x411) Image search: [Google]
uzLrg2P.png
18 KB, 509x411
>tfw used to live on my own, then lost my shitty job.
>tfw paying 80-90% of my income on rent for a 1 bedroom apartment, tax, bills and food
>tfw basically working in order to carry on living, in order to go on working
>tfw can't go out or have fun or save money

Literally the definition of being a wageslave.

No wonder I spent so long being NEET
>>
>live with older brother, his gf, and other older brother
>2 bedroom duplex, I get the basement
>I pay $200 a month in rent
>that's all I have to pay

It's an alright living situation.
>>
420 euros month 1 room big living room redone house that most likely has more than 100 years.
Tourism city near the beach.
Kinda ghettoish.
>>
>>25254147
Pics of the van or you're a liar.
>>
>>25254147
Fucking nice dude. Really nice. I'm OP. Curious what city and about your job?
>>
File: cat3.jpg (183 KB, 1237x882) Image search: [Google]
cat3.jpg
183 KB, 1237x882
>live with mother
>trying to get job
>need to move out
>I now own a stray cat that I fed and has since adopted me
>tfw this one fact is greatly restricting the number of choices I have for moving out in the future

Why do so many faggot landlords fucking hate pets?

Pic related, the cat.
>>
>>25254213
>Joining a housing bubble
>Living with niggers
Top kuck.
>>
File: 1386788645944.jpg (12 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
1386788645944.jpg
12 KB, 275x183
>>25251348
>Left me an inheritance but supposedly I can't have it until I'm 28.
kek

Your whore mother is blowing your inheritance at this very moment.
>>
>>25254619
Lol, housing bubble nyc. Neighborhood is almost all white. Oh yeah, the prettiest girl in your backwater shithole is a 5 here. Jokes on you again.
>>
>>25250841
If you or anyone else in this thread thinks that they are robots they are mistaken. If you live by yourself you are a failed normie who doesnt belong here and should fuck off back to /b/ or reddit.
>>
$1300 a month for a shitty 1br apartment in southern california. I make $300 a month so yeah this dream is endng soon.
>>
Housing in Wyo is pretty cheap. I have a studio that's $450 with all utilities included plus free cable.

I make $2,300 per month after taxes, so I have more than enough to cover essentials since I live alone, just putting all that extra money away to hopefully go to grad school in a couple years.
>>
>>25254713
If you have a place to live and Interact with other humans YOURE a normie
Checkmate faggot, fuck off back to l/eddit
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 446x399) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 446x399
>>25254250
>>25254252
>>25254663
I'm scared now guys
I'll call a lawyer on Monday I guess. They'd have to work for free unless I get the money though so we'll see.
If my dad really did specify that I have to be 28, I wonder if that is overridden by the fact that my mom forced me into homelessness multiple times and I have nowhere to live and shit.
Hmmmmm
Doing research on probate law and shit as we speak
Also as far as housing goes im pretty sure gonna leave the metro area so I can actually afford a place
>>
It's like $1k+ for a 1BD in any area that isn't a total shithole here in Los Angeles.

That's why I live with my parents.

I actually have a pretty sweet setup here, my room only shares a solid wall with the house and you have to go outside to get into it, so it's basically a totally separate apartment. The only downside is that it's behind the house, and not that far from my parents room, so if I brought a girl back we might run into my parents and they might be able to hear us from their room if we bone, but if those were issues I was likely to have to deal with I wouldn't be on /r9k/.
>>
Reposting with more info

Does it count if you live with your parents but pay them rent?

I live with my parents but pay them rent. Currently $350 a month. Dad says they will raise my rent at the first of the year.

I live in the Bay Area which is extremely expensive, and right now I'm at a shitty job that was supposed to be a stepping stone to grad school but I'm not going to get in so I will have to start looking elsewhere for a better job and moving out

I just don't know how people can graduate college and just move to a completely new city or state just like that. It seems so fucking hard to do. This is why I don't want to leave the Bay Area, I just don't know how I would manage
>>
>>25255699
IMO, if you still see your parents every day, live in the same house as them, cook/eat in their kitchen, etc, it doesn't count as independent.
>>
>>25255770
Oh I mean it's definitely not independent. When I was away at school for 4 years I would only come back home a few times a year, like Thanksgiving Break and Winter Break. I would rarely even talk to them, I was completely indepndent then

I just wonder if there's any independence considered if you pay them rent and even do a lot of house chores like cooking sometimes, cleaning, etc vs. just mooching
>>
Paying 1400 for a 2BR duplex in Dallas. I make 5400 a month after taxes.
>>
>>25255895
What do 4 work
>>
Pay $500 a month for a 2 bed 2 bath house in a rural area. It's really nice, cute little house with space for my chickens and dog in the yard.
>>
>>25256159
I make graphics for video games
>>
File: 1450979190944.jpg (75 KB, 587x569) Image search: [Google]
1450979190944.jpg
75 KB, 587x569
NEET of 2 years, live with my mom and don't pay for shit. Mom doesn't care whether I get a job or not.
>>
>>25256222
Goddamn. What's the economy like there? shit tier?
>>
>>25250841
950/month, single room with my own bath room
I share the apt with 5 other dudes tho.

Socal is expensive af
>>
>>25250841
getting my first apartment on jan 1, 1 br for 910 a month.
>>
>>25256462
I guess, but I'm military so it doesn't really matter for me. I commute like 25 minutes each way to work but I like driving and it's worth it to have all the space and peace, plus room for my animals.
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.