[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does Columbine feel so... different, from other shootings?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: columbine-300x250.jpg (19 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
columbine-300x250.jpg
19 KB, 300x250
Why does Columbine feel so... different, from other shootings?
>>
>>25250101

It happened before the internet took off.
>>
>>25250101
It wasn't a hoax
>>
>>25250203
hahahahahahah

oh

HAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
File: 1450923379276.jpg (85 KB, 500x498) Image search: [Google]
1450923379276.jpg
85 KB, 500x498
Because it symbolically marked the decline of the white male.

Eric and Dylan rejected a society where they had no place or purpose. The only difference between them and the average robot was that they had the testicular fortitude to end their lives and not languish in a petty substandard existence like all of us are
>>
>>25250253
I also think it was the availability of videos, photos aand journal entries etc of the two, that is what the new shoring haven't had
>>
You know the first time someone does something really cool and novel? And then a bunch of people try to copy it but it just isn't the same? It's basically that, they set literally every school shooting/shooter stereotype that day
>>
>>25250101
It was the first school shooting for decades where there were lots of kills, and it was mostly fellow students.

I think there's also the racial aspect, it's mostly been Azns and mudslimes. At least until Lanza.
>>
File: 8=====D.jpg (29 KB, 704x400) Image search: [Google]
8=====D.jpg
29 KB, 704x400
>>25250101
I live in Colorado, and my mom immediately took my PlayStation and stopped letting me shoot with my dad after that.

So it was ass.
>>
>>25250101
Because there were two of them at it, together. It has a sense of friendship and camaraderie that other shootings have just lacked.
>>
>>25250398

I agree.

Also Lanza, Cho, and the others lacked lives of promise. Eric and Dylan could have accepted a comfortable middle class life as a cucked beta male but intentionally chose not to, probably out of a refusal to compromise their ideals.
>>
BASEMENT TAPES
WHEN
H
E
N
>>
>>25250101
SJWs hadn't taken root yet, people actually had sympathy for them and talked about how fucked up the high school scene was to push two kids to this. Now every shootings is quickly swept under the carpet with cries of nutcase! entitled! monster!
>>
>>25250101

Normally before this, the shooters would take hostages and try to get away with their lives or their demands.

These two had resigned themselves to death and just wanted to kill as many kids as possible. The police were busy taping off the area and preparing for a hostage situation before realizing that these two were not taking hostages, they were just going for the high kill count.

It's why it shocked the world at the time so much, and when bullying finally became an issue to solve.
>>
Because there was a cover up and there's still information that hasn't been released to the public yet. Also the media was really slow back then and the story took quite a while to come to a standard rendition.
>>
Eric and Dylan were conscious dreamers.
>>
>>25250572
>bullying

you have no idea what you're talking about
>>
>>25250490
likely never, sadly. Unless they're stolen and leaked.
>>
>>25250572
>and when bullying finally became an issue to solve.

Why do people keep pushing this myth that Eric and Dylan were bullied? They weren't in with the chads but they still fit in with the try-hard edgy clique that every high school has.
>>
The fact that there were two shooters, the power dynamic between them and them both having different reasons for wanting to do the shooting.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.