[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /composer/ here? >tfw almost finished with the 1st movement
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: beethovencake.jpg (283 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
beethovencake.jpg
283 KB, 960x1280
Who /composer/ here?
>tfw almost finished with the 1st movement of my string quartet
Only the 4th to go
>>
The first movement is always the easiest. It's the second and fourth that get ya.
>>
File: 1440356770215.jpg (140 KB, 865x1161) Image search: [Google]
1440356770215.jpg
140 KB, 865x1161
>>25247159

I remember my advanced counterpoint class and writing a fugue. Good times. I just try to apply all these concepts (smooth voice leading, contrapuntal motion) to my fuzzed out grungy emo pop songwriting
>>
>>25247310
Really? I thought the 1st would be hardest because it's in sonata form, I've finished the 2nd and I'm having trouble with the 4th trying to make the Rondo refrain interesting enough and leaving room for variation
>>
File: 1296600236095.jpg (70 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1296600236095.jpg
70 KB, 1280x720
>know nothing about music
>got a banjo for christmas
i'm so excited
>>
>>25248303
haha you're going to mess around with it for like a week before you get bored
>>
>want to play 14 minute prog metal song
>band wants blastbeats and generic breakdowns
>thought about playing with actual progheads but they're all fucking dorks in my country
Ugh
>>
>>25248356
>implying you're not a dork too
what's the problem?
>>
>>25247415
I've played music since babby but have a weak knowledge of theory and no understanding of composition.

Are there any books or resources you would recommend?
>>
>>25248509
http://www.musictheory.net/ is supposed to be decent

my college used a textbook called Tonal Harmony and it was alright. not aware of any alternatives
>>
>>25248356
Play with dorks and talk them into becoming /fa/ dorks.
>>
>>25248509
Honestly wikipedia taught me a lot
>>
>>25248320
quite the contrary. I've always wanted to play and I fully intend to book an instructor for proper lessons. Shit if I can be dedicated to grind art fundamentals everyday for over a year to get into animation school, a banjo shouldn't be a different experience for me.
>>
Bumperino tbqhwyfam
>>
>>25250026
r8 my composerino
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/85405641/mistakes%20into%20miracles.mp3
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.