[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does R9K think of MCR?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 12
File: 1364187397_mcr.jpg (399 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
1364187397_mcr.jpg
399 KB, 1000x750
What does R9K think of MCR?
>>
I guess the black parade was kinda nice.
>>
WHEN I WOZ
>>
faggot shit for stupid teenagers and people who are still mental teenagers
>>
>>25245765
We're not in middle school anymore anon
>>
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 464x470) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 464x470
I don't think of MCR.
>>
My girlfriend loves it an I pretend to.
>>
>>25245875
nicely put.
>>
>>25245765
>>25245803
>>25245825
CRAWLING IN MY SKIN

This is supposed to be unoriginal and insulting.
>>
>>25245765
>tfw you will never be 12 years old playing runescape while jamming out the black parade again
>>
Literal ear cancer
>>
I thought emo had died by 2006? Is this still even a band?
>>
MAMA WE ALL GO TO HELL
>>
>>25245882
Chad GTFO with the humble brags you fucking faggot
>>
>>25245934
They split up a year or two ago
>>
First two albums were great
>>
Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na is fun to listen to, but when you're marketed to socially ostracized tween girls it's impossible to take you seriously ever again.
>>
>>25245765
Nigger metal
>>
>>25245952
can someone translate this?
>>
Legitimately liked their last album, Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys. The music video for Na Na Na and Sing are really good.
>>
Unironically love them desu
>>
File: getard way.jpg (53 KB, 600x882) Image search: [Google]
getard way.jpg
53 KB, 600x882
OMG i hate them so much espeacially getard way he says such cliche shit like all the things hes famous for saying and his classic quotes are so generic.
"youre beautiful no matter how fat you are"
"fuck society be unique"
"oh look at me im such a socially awkward geek and im uncool but i achieved my dreams and so should you"
like god everything he says sounds so scripted and the person who wrote the script isnt very original. i hate him so much ugh
>>
>>25245765
I was thinking about this last night. I listened to a few of their albums again and realised how good Gerard's voice is. The black parade is a bit. But danger days, bullets and the other one are really good. Catchy as well as a throwback
>>
I grew up on Korn and Linkin Park and Eminem, not this turbofaggot shit. They're both just as relevant anymore.
>>
>>25246253
Maybe you should stop typing like a 12 year old girl...
>>
>>25245765
Gross
My teenage sister listens to them
>>
File: pepe lol.jpg (29 KB, 616x596) Image search: [Google]
pepe lol.jpg
29 KB, 616x596
I like MCR and this is a song I made
https://soundcloud.com/vformania/demo-expectations-oscillations
ya
>>
>>25246469
>Linkin Park
>not turbofag shit
nice try, Chester Bennington
>>
>>25246740
It's faggot shit, it didn't go turbo until emo came around. It was like people started LARPing as fags in real life instead of being edgy and unaware of how faggy they are.

You younger 20somethings will go down in history as somehow, gayer than korn kids.
>>
reminds me of being 14 - 15
occasionally I'll listen to them for nostalgia
>>
>>25245765

>be high school
>one grill in class had seizure
>moved to different class and sit there
>sit in the seat where the grill who had a crush on me sat
>she is a typical fangrill and has an MCR pencil case
>take pencil case and sarcastically say "omg mcr i luv mcr my fave band"
>make sure crush hears
>she laughs
>tfw i actually liked mcr
>>
they are a bunch of faglords
>>
definitive robotcore
>>
6/10 band with a super annoying fanbase
>>
>>25246702
hahahaha are you even trying? just what'd i'd expect from someone who likes this awful band
>>
>>25246776
Nope the 2016s 10yo tumbler traps will.
>>
>>25246875
Oh so that makes MCR babies less bad.
>>
The music isn't bad, for the most part, but I hate them as people and I hate their fan base even more.
>>
>>25247096
nothing wrong with the band as people. the fans though.. yeah I agree
>>
>>25246253
He's a qt though
>>
Their songs have a great melody, but their lyrics are beyond lame.

>"When I was, a young boy, my father, took me into the city, to see a marching band"

The fuck
>>
>>25245765

They're a pretty great band to be honest, music not as boring as other shit and they were pretty consistent. Too bad they broke up.

I never listened much but I respect them quite a bit.
>>
I love their music, definitely one of the best bands of the thousands, the black parade is a classic and has helped me through many horrible times in my life, conventional weapons was a great album especially the song "boy division", I like their costumes and look and stage presence and dark wildness, its great music to do drugs or be suicidal or be angry to, they are some of my musical heroes and will probably be in the rock and roll Hall of fame some day, I hope they reunite

I'm not a teenage fangirl I'm a 23 year old guy fyi
>>

most of the responses are positive in this thread. Proof that /r9k/ is the new /b/: overrun with stupid teenagers with stupid teenager tastes.
>>
SPARKS AGAINST THE RAILING
DISTANCE PHANTOM SWELLING
THROUGH THE WINDSHIELD SAILING
WITH THESE AIRBAGS FAILING NOW
>>
>>25247808
Go listen to some death goregrind technical black metal or whatever the fuck, fuckface.
>>
>>25248498
Go cut yourself to HIM some more, you spineless, nutless, garbage-consumer. MCR and any other emo bands are pure edgetard shite that milks the hardcore/post hardcore craze and normalized the sound into something utterly grotesque and bubblegum while capitalizing on the angst of unpopular tweens. It is to those genres what "new wave" pop was to new wave.
>>
File: peepa2.png (14 KB, 120x71) Image search: [Google]
peepa2.png
14 KB, 120x71
never really listened to their music until just a couple of months ago and I share a sentiment with some of the people in this thread.

"Nanana" & "Black parade" I quite liked, the rest is pretty much stoolwater
>>
there's a girl in my class who is literally autistic and she wears the goddamn black parade jacket every day
I bully her about it a lot and It's plain to see that I'm getting to her
I'm just slowly breaking her down so that when the day comes she won't even fight it
>>
File: ndr.jpg (379 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
ndr.jpg
379 KB, 700x700
>>25245765
>listening to popular cringy normie emo bands
>not enjoying the painful embrace of slavic black metal bands

What else can I say? Check out Plaga, Mgla and maybe Blaze of Perdition if you wanna try something deeper. Prepare to invest your time in looking up the lyrics, though. There's no way you'll understand anything. Noone does.
>>
File: ChrisDgetstheD.jpg (14 KB, 189x190) Image search: [Google]
ChrisDgetstheD.jpg
14 KB, 189x190
>>25245765
>>25249405
>listening to popular cringy normie emo bands
>not enjoying the joyful embrace of ska and its melodic delicacies

Listen to ska where everyone is high and happy. From traditional, to 2Tone, to Ska Punk, and even Ska Metal.
>>
File: fuckincomformists.gif (381 KB, 380x300) Image search: [Google]
fuckincomformists.gif
381 KB, 380x300
>>25249497
>where everyone is high and happy

That's what I'm trying to avoid by listening to songs with distorted guitar sounds and lyrics that sound like a dying old man.
>>
>>25249405
why does the cookie monster do vocals in all death metal bands?

i dont understand
>>
>>25249405
Cool choice!
I was about to say something to that effect!
>>
>>25249755
Because they target a very thin demographic of people that get hard by listening to the cookie monster.
>>
>>25249885
i wouldnt be surprised

death metal is worse than rap or country music
>>
File: me.jpg (27 KB, 650x436) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
27 KB, 650x436
>>25249966
Perhaps the same could be said of all genres.

And it mostly depends on an individual's personal preferences. I started with rock in my early teens and was progressing through heavier and heavier bands. I went to metal, then heavy metal, then melodic death, death, atmospheric black, then black. Each year I was descending deeper, until I have ended up with depressive black metal.

At this point there's no going back and no place to dig deeper. I can of course explore other genres altogether, leaving metal in the hole I dug out and jump to experimental hip-hop, like Death Grips.
>>
I'm just a ghost..
So I can't hurt you anymore...
So I can't hurt you ANYMOOOOORE
WANNA SEE HOW FAR DOWN
I CAN SINK?
LET. ME. GO!
SO!
NOOOOOW YOU CAAAAN
WELL NOW SOOOOO
YOU CAAAAN
>>
>>25246029
Your slutty girl partner craves the black cock
>>
>>25250145
djent senpai
>>
>>25245765
I like them, their first two albums were just flawless. Black Parade was mostly great, their nanananana album was shite though.

They got me laid, so kudos to them.
>>
>>25249497
Ska is the Whitest music ever desu and I don't mean that in a good way
>>
File: metalhead.jpg (56 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
metalhead.jpg
56 KB, 720x540
>>25250145
>I went to metal, then metal, then metal, metal, metal, then metal. Each year I was descending deeper, until I have ended up with metal.
>jump to experimental metal, like Death Grips.

metalheads are the best/worst, I love it when they're like "look at all these music genres I listen to" and it's 15 different flavors of metal and one or two other genres that are directly overlapping into metal
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.