[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be me >get expensive gift I'm completely indifferent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: reeee.png (117 KB, 248x226) Image search: [Google]
reeee.png
117 KB, 248x226
>be me
>get expensive gift I'm completely indifferent to considering I never asked for it
>parents ask if I like it
>forced to pretend I actually care and mom is mad at me because I am seemingly ungrateful
>if I say I don't like it I lose, if I say I like it I'm lying and still lose
Have any other robots been put into this kind of situation? What the fuck am I expected to do?
>>
Pls help brobots
>>
Out of appreciation even if you feel indifferent, they don't need to know.

Pretend to be happy with it in the worst case but preferably be genuinely happy that they were thoughtful and kind enough to give you that in the first place.

To me it's the thought that counts more than anything.
>>
>>25245070
What was the gift anon?
>>
File: 1447130393900.png (294 KB, 423x480) Image search: [Google]
1447130393900.png
294 KB, 423x480
>>25245070
At least you got a present.
I spent christmas alone with my mother.
No one had presents for the other.
>>
It depends what the gift is.

If it's something practical, then just go along. But, some useless consumer crap you'll never use, I think I'd be honest about it.
>>
File: 61ym4HTNQXL._SX522_.jpg (15 KB, 522x284) Image search: [Google]
61ym4HTNQXL._SX522_.jpg
15 KB, 522x284
>>25245272
It was pic related. Pls no bully
>>25246447
Why were you both alone? Is there a reason you didn't give each other presents?
>>25245254
Youre definitely right. Thanks friend.
>>
>>25245070
#JustNormieProblems

get out
>>
>>25246491
Refer to
>>25246513
I mean it's cool I guess? But I have LITERALLY no use for it. I already have a long board that I use for college if I need to so I just have this thing to make me look more like a sperg
>>
>>25246513
I have no idea what that is
>>
>>25246534
lol you mean you don't want to be seen hoverboarding around your college at walking speed?
>>
>>25245070
>if I say I like it I'm lying and still lose

Will you explode if you lie?
>>
>>25246560
I guess they call it a hoverboard. If you know what a segway is(I fucking hope so) it's like that except slightly less autistic looking. You control it by leaning idk man it's really gay
>>
>>25246587
Why walk when I can just board? My parents got me a long board last year for the specific purpose of me being able to get to my classes faster. Like what the fuck is this
>>
>>25246513
Tell her it's a novelty device with many shortcomings and inefficiencies.

E.g. carrying it around when it runs out of batteries, picking it up and putting it down again whenever you reach a boundary between road and sidewalk.

Tell her that while you appreciate the thought and the money she spent, you'd sooner just tell her what you want to save her the trouble.
>>
>>25246647
>carrying it around when it runs out of batteries

Literally this. It's fucking 29 pounds
>>
>>25246513
Dear god, that's a terrible present and I'm pretty sure it ain't cheap either. Guess you can sell it.

>Why were you both alone?
We are not allowed in family reunions any longer. My mom gets drunk and starts talking shit to everybody. 3 years ago my aunt's brother (who isn't blood related to us) talked shit back to my mother and I had to punch him, therefor, we are not allowed to attend any longer.

>Is there a reason you didn't give each other presents?
We are both always short of money so we don't usually get presents for each other. Not even for our birthdays. We also don't give a single fuck about xmas, we call it coca-cola day.
>>
I bet you could sell it to a drug dealer on Craigslist. They love tacky shit like that .
>>
>>25245070
you lie out your ass then drop hints about what you actually want the rest of the year.

It's called growing up.
>>
>>25246513
Your mom got you a shake weight. Have fun, faggot.
>>
>>25246513
that's the dumb shit niggers use
i have literally NEVER seen a white person use one of those
>>
>>25246732
Damn dude, that's pretty rough. If you have a throwaway email and need someone to talk to I'm here (OP).

>>25246767
Problem is I didn't say I wanted anything. So they got me this random shit.

>>25246798
Trust me I know. And I'm the whitest kid you'll ever meet.
>>
>>25246607
These things cost $400? I think I'd be honest with your parents on this one. Or at least ask for the receipt.
>>
>>25246970
So try telling them what you do like and sell the board on ebay or make up an excuse why you need the gift receipt like it was damaged or something.
>>
>>25247061
Yeahhh.. It's actually stupid how much they cost for how useless they are.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.