[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the america 1990s really all cracked up like is it? Do teenagers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: perks_of_being_a_wallflower.jpg (54 KB, 1024x536) Image search: [Google]
perks_of_being_a_wallflower.jpg
54 KB, 1024x536
Is the america 1990s really all cracked up like is it?

Do teenagers really just hang around after school, doing stupid shit and try their best to not get caught?

Do they all drive some piece of shit pickup truck and ride around to folk rock music?

Is that jockey and nerd stereotype really real?

I see all these stuff in video games, movies, but as someone who is born into a boring country, I don't know if any of this is true.
>>
Its the stuff the betas heard the cools kids were doing so its obviously dramatized
>>
>>25244944
Oldfag here. This pretty much sums up my adolescence to be honest.
>>
>>25245193
So.. Why are you here. Looks like you had a blast?

My teenager life was pretty boring. I was awkward, and spent too much time playing music and writing stuff.
>>
For me it was being sad and alone until Columbine happened. Then it was being sad, alone, and suspected of being a potential mass murderer.
>>
>>25244944

Sounds like it, drove a shitty car that I bought for $2k, drove my gf, brother, & a few neighbors to/from school, hanged out in/near the school,
>>
>>25244944
>hurrr was real life ever like the movies?
no
>>
>>25244944
That's exactly how it was and I miss it everyday
>>
It was a completely different time.

For example, my dad and his buddies used to get shitfaced and take the old beater car into the country and drive around. No one ever got hurt.

The police came, and all he did was drive them back home and didn't give them a charge for anything. This happened a lot, too.

Nowadays? Have one beer, drive a car anywhere and you'll never have your license again if the officer decides he's having a bad day or doesn't like you.

It's turning into a gigantic hugbox, which ultimately means no one anywhere is going to be allowed to have any sort of fun anymore.
>>
>>25245425
>Nowadays? Have one beer, drive a car anywhere and you'll never have your license again if the officer decides he's having a bad day or doesn't like you.

I don't drive but all my good friends with cars drive pretty drunk at least twice a week. Havnt been caught yet
>>
As someone who started high school in '92 and end up dropping out in '96 I'll tell you that it's all just a fucking meme. Everyone was just as stupid as teenagers are now.

Although some did have the fortune to drive around a 1991 Ford F-150 or a 1992 Honda Civic, the rest of us didn't drive because taking the city bus was more efficient than buying some shitty gas guzzler from 1972.

>Do teenagers really just hang around after school, doing stupid shit and try their best to not get caught?

Social media didn't exist so we usually did our hang outs at the arcade or at the mall. If you weren't at school then you would miss out. The only way to get updated was to actually go to a friend's house. Being a NEET during that time was actually pretty fucking terrible and depressing. You were literally in your own world.

>Is that jockey and nerd stereotype really real?

It is but it wasn't was over exaggerated as the media made it seem to be

>>25245369

2k in the 90s could have gotten you a good car you dumbfuck

Either you're underaged or you were stupid
>>
>>25245425
Yeah it really sucks how people aren't allowed to endanger each other's lives freely anymore, I wish we just lived in anarchy and I could operate a 2-ton metal machine under the influence of drugs whenever I want
>>
90s America was AWESOME and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
>>
>>25247306
>2k in the 90s could have gotten you a good car you dumbfuck
>Either you're underaged or you were stupid

well technically 2001
>>
>>25244944
>he believes the movies
i wish my life was like the movies too anon kun
>>
>>25244944
> is fiction real
>>
>>25244944
I'm 19 in 2015 and I do this with my friends
>>
>>25247624
>nothing presented in fiction can have any basis in reality
>>
>>25244944
The 90's? Try now. I grew up in a rural area, and am just a couple years outside of high school. Most of my friends came from.playing football, and games and practices and team meetings took uo a lot of the school year. Even outside that thiugh, I was pretty rarely at home - some nights we'd be getting drunk on my friends farm (occasionally playing hide and seek in a giant barn of farm equipment), some we'd cruise out to the lake or river and hang out, others we'd just chill in each others back yards. High school felt like a double life -to my parents I was a well behaved kid who skipped school too much. Meanwhile I was doing shit daily that I could go to jail for. Those were the days.
>>
>>25247691
The main difference is we snapchat everything
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.