[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come that Jazz has turned into a music for old white men?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
How come that Jazz has turned into a music for old white men?

>tfw Christmas again and my drunken father begins to play Jazz music and giving 45 min speeches about Charlie Parker, until my mother gets angry and tells him that the music is too loud and that she can't stand it
>>
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_White_Negro
>>
>>25242249

Thanks, that sounds interesting.

>who were so dis-enthralled with what they saw as a conformist culture, that they adopted black culture as their own

But I'm not sure if that was more than a niche.
Because there isn't really much love for "black culture" other than Jazz music.

To adopt all of a black culture as their own sounds more like a modern phenomenon of white-guilt people. And these white-guilt hipsters usually don't listen to Jazz.
>>
>>25242300
A lot of beatnik hipster types from back in the day grew up to be racists or classist because they have the ability to do so they are white after all its like a cloak.

Anyways yeah blacks created a lot of music that weird people are like whoa shit and love it.

What I was trying to illustrate is that generationaly you're following in your families footsteps of noncomformity
>>
>Charlie Parker
Your dads a pleb, get some Chet Baker
>>
>Last Sunday
>Play at local Yacht Club with college's Jazz A Band
>After gig is over, the old lady who's announcing the event thanks our director for, "keeping Jazz alive"

I've never heard anything of Jazz "dying" but is that a real thing and have I just not noticed since I'm exposed to it all the time or do people still casually listen to it?
>>
>>25242230
my granny listens to jazz n she is black
>>
>>25242953
>m-muh cool jazz
Just kidding I love Cool jazz

Anyways, jazz just isn't something that's in the spotlight now. The number one continuation of jazz is probably universities. Most jazz musicians that are making it double as professors.

Jazz certainly isn't dead, but in terms of albums, it has transformed entirely into an art form. Modern nigs don't give a shit about jazz, so most people who appreciate it are white now. (Although there is certainly a larger portion of blacks that enjoy it than white vs black statistics of other genre)
>>
The best jazz album this year was from a black guy tho.
>>
>>25243763
Which was?
>>
>>25242300
lol hipsters love jazz
hipster used to refer specifically to whites who were super into jazz
>>
It's cuz niggers moved on to rap
Besides jazz sucks, blues is the only good thing niggers made
>>
>>25243836

Lil' Wayne
>>
>old white men

old japanese men are jazz obssessed
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.